High School Days (3)
22 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Brother!” The girl ran into Lucas’s arms.

 

“Let go.”

 

“Brother, what do you mean?” The girl looked hurt.

 

Lucas looked at his arms, “you’re touching my cuts.”

 

The girl quickly let go, “I- I’m sorry. I was just too excited. I’ve been worried about you.”

 

“So, you’re Leah.”

 

“Ye- yeah,” Leah smiled slightly, “but, how did you get those cuts brother?”

 

“A cat.”

 

“Brother, there’s no cat in the house.”

 

Lucas glanced at the cat behind Leah. “Oh. I’ll head back into my room first.”

 

“Okay, see you later, brother.”

 

Closing the door behind him. “Can people not see you?”

 

It’s not that. That girl felt weird, so I hid myself from her.

 

“Lucas, dinner’s ready,” a woman’s voice softly came through.

 

“We’ll talk about this later,” Lucas whispered. He went down the stairs, but felt a gaze behind him. Turning around he came into contact with Leah’s eyes.

 

“Brother, I hope you get well,” she smiled.

 

Lucas turned back, and started walking to the dining room, not minding the ‘get well’ from Leah.

 

“I really do,” an inaudible whisper came from behind.

 

Sitting at the table, the woman was cautiously placing food into his plate. “Lucas, I heard that you might not remember-”

 

“Mother, let's talk after dinner,” Lucas stopped the woman from speaking.

 

June’s hand stopped, and her eyes curved. “Okay.”

 

By the time dinner was over, it was 9:00. Urged by June, Lucas went back to his room. Closing the door, he saw Noir laying on the bed. “Is there any more information that you haven’t told me yet?”

 

Like what? Noir sat up. Oh! There is some information about your host that I forgot about.

 

Lucas took in the information.

 

Childhood friends were separated due to their parents' jobs. The twins had left with their parents overseas to America, leaving their friend, Akio, behind. Before the twins left, Akio had given them a blue hair clip. The twins returned as high school students. A transfer student came shortly after. It was Akio. When they had reunited, Akio started to fall in love with Leah. Akio thought that Leah was the twin who he had a promise with as a kid. When Lucas heard about Akio falling in love with Leah, he became jealous. He tried to ruin the relationship, yet the relationship between the two grew instead. In the end, Lucas got arrested for attempted murder, and Akio and Leah had a happy ending.

 

That’s how the original story went, but it was based on a mistaken identity. Akio was supposed to be with you and not Leah.

 

“Why didn’t Lucas just clear the misunderstanding? ”

 

Be- because his judgment was clouded by jealousy.

 

“Oh. Well, it doesn’t matter. I only need to fulfill his wish. And if this is his wish, then so be it.”

 

Yo- you're not going to find more faults?

 

“I don’t care,” Lucas started getting into bed. “I’m going to sleep, so don’t bother me,” he started drifting to sleep. Before falling into a deep sleep, he heard a creak.

 

Brother…

 

He heard a faint voice.

 

Brother…

 

He tried looking for the voice, but he couldn’t see anything. He felt his chest tighten.

 

Wake-

 

Lucas was startled awake. He was covered in cold sweat and his head was pounding. He saw Leah next to his bed. “What are you doing?”

 

“I- I was just trying to wake you up. Should I call father?”

 

Lucas tried sitting up, but his arms were trembling. “No.”

 

“But what if something happens to you?” She scrambled up.

 

Lucas grabbed her arm, “I’m fine. So get out.” He threw Leah out by her arm.

 

Meow? Geez, what’s wrong with you?

 

“I… I had a dream, and I- it felt like I was forgetting…” Lucas held his pounding head.

 

Well, you don’t have any memories. What did you expect? Noir was licking his fur.

 

He stopped thinking, trying to forget about his dream. Lucas started getting ready for school. “When’s the target supposed to arrive?”

 

Hm… I think it should be around this month.

 

“You think? How do you not know this?”

 

Meow! That’s because I’m not powerful.

 

Walking downstairs, Lucas met Leah, “brother, are you sure you're fine? If not, you don’t need to come to school today.”

 

What a scheming person she is. Noir was angrily circling around Leah.

 

As if sensing something, Leah looked at her feet. Noir had his fur standing, do- does she see me? He shook his head. That’s not possible, she must be looking at something else then.

 

“Is something the matter, Leah.”

 

Leah shook her head. “It’s just a little cold, brother. I was just thinking of putting on more layers.”

 

“Is that’s all? Then I’ll head out first.” He walked out the door, not noticing Leah’s hesitation behind him. As he began walking, he surveyed the area. It was eerily quiet. No cars. No people. No sound. But Lucas didn’t care.

 

Having arrived at school’s front gate, Noir regretfully shoot his head. Although I want to come in with you, I don’t like the atmosphere it exudes. I’ll part ways with you here and meet with you later.

 

Lucas watched Noir run off. He slowly made his way into his classroom, asking around for directions. Lucas entered through the backdoor. As he entered, everyone had quieted down.

 

He paid no mind. “Where do I sit?” Lucas asked a boy near the door.

 

“I- in the back corner,” the boy stuttered.

 

“Thanks,” he set his bag down and waited for class to start.

 

The bell rang and the teacher came in. “Quiet down everyone. Today we have a new student.” Hushed whispers were going around.

 

“Oh, is it a girl,” someone asked hopefully.

 

“I hope it’s a guy,” a girl sighed.

 

“No way. It’s gotta be a girl, there’s too many guys here,” a boy barked back.

 

“Who said the ratio’s gotta be equal,” a girl sneered.

 

“Quiet down everyone,” the teacher hit her podium. “Let’s welcome the new student first.”

 

As on cue, a boy had entered the room. “Hello everyone, I’m Akio Fuji.” A boy’s smooth voice sounded out. “Let’s get along together,” He looked straight at Lucas.

1