Sasqia’s surprise – Chaper 5 Final
200 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Camerly sat in her room after dinner. She had recorded more clips for her vlog and used the computer in her room to browse the net. She swiftly came across a message that Sasqia had sent out on all her social media accounts.

It was a cryptic message, ‘Today I got my first ever …!! I am so stoked! :D Can you figure out what I got and how I got it?’

It was followed by two links. One was a website that Sasqia had setup with a puzzle that combined lots of different aspects of all types of mind games, encryptions and wild goose chases. The second one was a subreddit where people could discuss their findings and solutions to reach a goal. A part of the internet was very busy trying to solve it and with how many open ends of puzzles and clues it seemed to have, it was needed.

She chuckled, “Hey Sasqia, what is at the end of this puzzle you have set up?”

The monitor turned on and once again a Sasqia on a budget style voice rang out. “A picture and small video of us hugging and the Full dive prototype. I saw you recording. Would you like that vlog to be the end result of the puzzle?”

Camerly wondered for a moment how Sasqia could change the ending of a puzzle when the puzzle was already out in the open but quickly chalked it up to AI magic. Camerly responded, “I hope I can edit it all in time. No clue how far they can come before I am done.”

Sasqia put her mind at ease, “I have designed the puzzle in a way that allows me to decide how long it takes before it is solved. I am guessing that if you finish in about three to four days we are still in enough hype to take over the media for a few more days and make the Plexian stocks soar.”

Camerly suppressed a giggle. She felt like Sasqia only cared about this media coverage in order to push this technology to be developed. And only about the stocks in order to fund this technology.

Camerly went to sleep after catching up on some social media things. The next morning she made sure to be ready at 8 o’clock and was already underway to the lab with the Prototype.

She half expected it to look like some sci-fi futuristic lab while at the same time knowing that even if everyone did their best and everything was perfectly planned that could not even happen in a day.

She was right but all the data and other stuff that went on with the computers definitely spoke a different story. Instead of having multiple programs all working under a single operating system and each program does their own thing without care or concern about the other programs. It was one program. At least it looked like that, different tabs for different things. The monitors that were displaying her to be vital signs all threw out all the same error. ‘No vital signs found.

The people that needed to work with the computers all were busy talking and despite everything having changed it was all friendly banter and pointing extra features and tools out to each other.

Camerly took her camera and filmed what was happening. After getting a few good shots everyone started preparing for another test round of the Full Dive Prototype, enhanced by Sasqia this time around.

During the placement of all the wires the screens were able to accurately guess what wire was placed where on her body and were able to give slight adjustment tips for better data transfer.

When the doctors and the screens were both satisfied. Somehow the screens took longer to satisfy the bed she was laying on was moved into the center tube of the full dive prototype.

This time however instead of Kimmy giving her tasks to do a different voice gave her instructions. It was clear that Sasqia had made the voice. The voice was missing a few of the sound ranges a normal voice has, making it feel very artificial while still allowing it to express emotions and speak properly. It was a weird combination but it caused you to just expect less human interactions from it. Something Sasqia had aimed for.

After doing significantly less exercises than yesterday the voice asked, “are you ready to dive into the digital world?”

Camerly quickly replied, “yes, as ready as can be.”

The voice threw back, “I could not understand you, please only use a yes or no. Are you ready to dive into the digital world?”

Camerly swallowed a laugh and just said, “yes.”

This time the computer did pick up on it. “Starting up Sasqia world 4D.” Before Camerly could comment on the program name she blacked out.

When she woke back up less than a second later she got assaulted by a hyperactive Sasqia and once again pushed down on a couch behind her.

Camerly laughed, “hey there little pup. While I do enjoy your embrace I still need to talk with control about a few things.”

Sasqia looked up at Camerly, “sure go ahead.” She waved her hand and a complete reconstruction of the control room appeared in front of them with sound included. “But I am not leaving your lap.”

Kimmy was the first to speak up. “Sasqia did I hear that right? You made a four dimensional virtual world? Can people even handle that?”

Camerly felt Sasqias tail wagging in her lap. “Nope, you guys can not handle 4D things. But a 4D world allows me to make non-euclidean things more easily. And other fun stuff without the need to teleport people all over the place. And hide rooms under the map.”

Kimmy simply asked, “why? Why would you need that?”

Sasqia answered with a smile, “Because you are planning to commercialize this and allow people to play games and basically live within a digital environment. I thought that allowing this within a digital environment that is not normally possible could be great fun.”

Camerly had a questioning look on her face. “What even is non-eu something?”

Sasqia looked up at her and clarified, “Non-euclidean, a type of warping space in ways that are not normally possible. Like making a long corridor short on the inside. Or a short, very long. Allowing you to walk downstairs in a perpetual circle. You know things of illusions and those art pieces with seemingly impossible structures and impossible walkways. All of those can easily be accomplished now.”

Camerly head spun from all the ideas that would be allowed to be realized. And she got a bit of a headache from figuring out how disorienting that would be.

Mr. Alphabetus asked a question as well. “I heard that artificial voice from the prototype that Guided Camerly through the steps and actions she needed to take. What was that about?”

Sasqia looked at Mr. Alphabetus. “That is my start on an auditory interface. I have way too little data on what people would want from purely sound and voice based interactions with digital devices to make a proper one. This will lead to two things. The first is that if possible we can make the place in front of the face of the sleeping person transparent. Battling claustrophobia. Second would be that people that only have access to only their voice could still use the device. Some other reasons exist as well. One of which would be that you do not bring your arm into a knot to touch a screen and lastly the only thing that you will do when you lay into the machine is go into full dive. No complicated UI needed in that case, just straight forward instructions.”

Mr. Alphabetus nodded along with the well thought out explanation. “It seems like you want to allow everyone to use this technology. That is a noble goal. What will you do with people that can not even speak then?”

Sasqia swiftly responded, “I want to allow everyone to play it for the same price. This would require a detailed investigation into how brains work to see if it is even possible to make a one device fits all. This ties into your question, I want to add a free bonus package to those who want it with a sticker, beamer and camera, if I can not read that already from the brain signals, that allows one to interact with simple eye movements.”

Mr. alphabetus fell into thought. This is a big and noble goal to have. Even beyond his own goals of making full dive technology. One thing did bug him still. “Where are you thinking of finding people that would allow you to scan their brains and test possibly questionable tech on?”

Sasqia took a deep breath even if she did not need it. “It might sound very cruel, but people with muscle and or some types of nerve diseases who can no longer move on their own. Some of those people are willing to risk early death for a slim chance to move. We would be able to give them a bigger than slim chance. Not that I will treat them any less than any other person.”

10