Chapter 11: Harsh Reality
3k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Olga Federation became the largest country in the continent by incorporating unique political system. Other countries use monarchy where a country is governed by a single king or queen. The king then pass down the throne to one of his family member. Kings' authority usually overlap with authority of noble families. Noble families own and govern their land. Newly established noble families are granted land by kings. Noble families that have existed for generations, on the other hand, wrested their land via military force of their ancestors. Long serving noble families usually established kingdom by pledging their allegiance and land to a king. There are occasions where influential noble families change their allegiance to different kingdom. This causes kingdoms that lost noble and land became smaller in size while kingdoms that gain noble and land become bigger in size. 

Olga Federation overcame this problem by granting powerful noble families equal opportunity to become king. Each powerful noble family is led by a marquis. There are 6 of them in the federation. Each marquis recommend a member of his clan to become a king for 10 years. The 6 powerful noble families get their turn to be king one after another. After 10 years, the king will retire and be replaced by king recommended by clan that get its turn. Marquis leads his clan until death and cannot become a king, but he can recommend a king from his clan. A retired king cannot become a marquis to lead his clan. 

Great noble families exist in other countries but they cannot become kings. 

Ivanna, from her confession, is a daughter of a former marquis. Her military accolades enabled her to become Countess, which grants him position of General of Federation's soldiers. 

Like other countries, Federation has noble families besides great noble families. Each clan possess a land. The size of their land is determined by the rank of clan leader. The lowest noble rank is baronet, the highest is marquis but clan other than great noble families don't have marquis title. The highest rank for other noble families is Margrave, then Count, then Viscount, then Baron, then Baronet, which is the lowest rank. There is a rank lower than baronet, which Knight which cannot be inherited. 

In countries outside federation, the highest noble rank is Duke.

Another reason for the success of federation is the power of lower noble families. Ministers are positions bestowed with many practical power such as military and tax. At one time, there are 10 ministerial positions which appointees are voted among other noble families. 

Such system enables Olga Federation to grow into the largest country in the continent. Recent destruction in the federation that destroyed half of noble families are brought by sheer violence by Negara kingdom. However, Negara fails to defeat Federation as half of the noble families remain strong while Negara had lost its resources. The reason federation remains standing after devastation of half of the country is because its strategic importance is delegated evenly to all members of federation. Killing half just means another half can work just fine.

"Damn it!" A kick hit my face. 

Sekrit then continuously kick and step on my back. She is releasing the stress from the unsolved predicament. Sexually bullying Ivanna is no longer enough to release her stress. Ivanna is sleeping in Clementine's bedroom, probably being toyed by the sadist.

Somebody knocks the door.

"Come in!!" A man, an underling enters. He stops when he notices the naked me crawling, and being stepped by his female general. 

"Slave, you better behave.  The man who will be here is general, much more senior than General Sekrit and General Clementine. He is one of top noble in Negara."

He looks at me as if I am nuisance. If that so called nobleman is that important, why Sekrit has meeting with him here with naked man like me. Based on her personality, probably she just want to annoy that nobleman using my pathetic existence.

She hit my back with her left heel and says, "Enough with that. Let him in. I am tired of waiting!" 

The underling becomes panic and rush out. Several minutes later, he re-enters but doesn't date to look at her face. 

"What??"

Being barked by her, he almost jumps to the door.

"Forgive me, Madam. Lord Zoldack is here but he refuses to enter your room. He force us to use proper meeting room in this ship."

"Damn." She stand up and kick my ass once. 

"Slave. Follow me "

I don't dare to oppose her. We walk to the said room, she walks like human, I walk on four like four legged animal.

The room which Sekrit and me enter is the largest room in the ship. There is a large decorated table and dozen of chairs, for meeting.

A handsome brown skinned man with navy blue hair, hair colour brighter than Sekrit's, is standing near the door.

"Don’t address my dissatisfaction so seriously. Your serious personality hasn’t changed at all, Raider."

Sekrit plops herself on a chair in front of the handsome man, then waves her hand as if to brush him off, before making a comment herself.

"Your Excellency hasn’t changed either. This seriousness is because I am fearful of Your Excellency’s fury, I hope you can understand." The man bow while speaking calmly.

Sekrit just sighs. The man stares at naked me and shows no expression.

"How long has it been since we last met?" She asks nonchalantly.

"Unfortunately, I was dismissed from your batalion before attacking Federation."

"The geezers in headquarters were a bunch of idiots. I thought things would be better if you joined. Anyways, you should be thankful. If you were with me, you’d be dead by now."

Raider smiles sheepishly as he prepare a glass and pour from something like wine bottle.

"I was certain of our defeat in the great battle when the report of failure to destroy the entirety of Olga City."

She furrows her eyebrows, hinting she is not pleased with his statement.

The door was somewhat violently opened and a giant lumbered forward.

It is probably that Zoldack guy, who appeared to be wearing plain clothes that an affluent merchant would wear. He has short blue hair and is over 200cm height.

Raider immediately stands at attention, while Sekrit’s smiling face transforms into a bored, uninterested expression.

"It’s been a while, Sekrit."

"Mn. Yeah."

Zoldack jerks his chin to ask for the alcohol and glass to be cleaned up. His view is then locked on to me.

He doesn’t notice Sekrit clicking her tongue softly.

"I don't envy your situation. What's that naked shit? You are reduced to such state?" He couldn't hide his annoyance towards me.

"Is that how it looks?"

Sekrit gives a half-hearted reply, not feeling in the mood to argue.

"It seems you lost nearly all your original men. With such tiny number, not only you won't be able to beat any noble, you will be vulnerable if they decide to hunt you." 

"…yeah."

Zoldack doesn’t notice the growing annoyance in the woman’s tone.

"But returning home would only bring wrath from the men at top."

"Hmm "

Sekrit gives a terse reply, devoid of any emotion.

Zoldack grins and then boldly slaps his own lap.

"I am no. 2 in command of the whole of Negara's military."

Zoldack puffs out his chest proudly.

Having improved his mood, he requests some alcohol from Raider. 

" You can say that I am the de facto leader of Negara's military!"

Sekrit interjects the boasting of the talkative Zoldack.

"Well, isn’t Negara in quite the predicament?"

That one statement stopped Zoldack from continuing his fervent speech and froze the air.

Sekrit pauses briefly to enjoy the air that became several degrees cooler, then went on.

"I was not the one who push this war. It is those geezers. I am just one of the 5 generals sent here. The headquarters had invested entire Negara's resources for this invasion. Not only we, the frontline lack resources. Negara has discarded its nearly resources and fail. Dark future for you in Negara "

Zoldack pounds the table and glares at Sekrit, but takes a deep breath and adjusts himself in his chair.

"Although the battle is at a stalemate, it doesn’t change the fact we’re the ones pushing forward. We’re already at the doorstep of Federation’s capital. I acknowledge the fact of dwindling resources. And you and Clementine, the weapons that destroyed half of federation, are still alive and kicking."

Zoldack starts softly and gradually increases in volume as anger built up.

On the other hand, Sekrit seems satisfied with his attitude.

Sekrit rises from her seat, walks over to Raider, takes the bottle from him and pours directly into her glass. Raider becomes terribly troubled.

Zoldack stomps his foot in irritation, but calms himself down and clasps his hands together on top of the table.

"……let’s stop the idle chatter and move on to the real issue. When will you come over to my team."

The atmosphere becomes tense.

Zoldack stares straight at Sekrit, meanwhile she quietly put the bottle back on the table.

'What do you mean?"

"I told you. I have essentially obtained the highest standing in Negara. The elders and king are also under my control."

Zoldack might have been exaggerating a little, yet it doesn’t stop Sekrit from sidestepping.

"So what?"

Zoldack leans his body over the table and grabs Sekrit’s right hand.

Her face scrunches in disgust, though maybe she finds it too bothersome to shake him off.

"I know you have nowhere to go after drifting away from Negara."

"If that’s what you think, then maybe." Sekrit answers nonchalantly.

Zoldack tightens his grip.

"If you come to me…… to my side, you won’t need to worry anymore. I know, more than anyone, about your talents. I’ll make you my immediate staff officer or adjutant. You don’t have to be a vagabond."

"So, what will you have me do in return?"

Zoldack rubs the hand of the emotionless Sekrit.

"You’ll work as my subordinate during the day…… and be my lover at night."

Zoldack continues in spite of Sekrit’s small sigh.

"Of course, I’ll be saving you, so you’ll treat me as your master. I’ll ask for your obedience, service, and you may be required to do acts that are humiliating to you. Your boobs,  every nook and cranny of your body will belong to me."

Zoldack face relaxed after he was done speaking in a serious tone.

"Considering the relationship we have, it’s plausible that when the battle is over, you’ll bear my child."

"……I see."

Sekrit acts like she’s considering the request.

Zoldack leans further forward, his eyes shining with hope.

A soft exhale of breath could be heard.

"Not interested."

Zoldack huge body shakes, his expression clearly showing genuine shock.

"Why!? You’ll be guaranteed a life without any discomfort! There’s no way you’re a virgin, I mean, everyone knows you used that brown-skinned body on those geezers to rise up in ranks during your days in Negara."

Before he could finish, Sekrit rests her feet on the table and smiles.

The alcohol bottle gets knocked to the floor. It was an attitude that said she will no longer be polite.

A malicious smile forms on her beautiful face.

"I mean I will consider your offer. But first of all, I need some men here and now, to attack some noble land."

"You won't obtain my body now. But I give the famous female general of federation, Ivanna Reskina. She is my slave now." 

His eyes goes wide. 

"Our deal is on." 

My mind goes blank for quite some time. 

"But I will give her to you after a week. I want to enjoy her thoroughly."

"Sekrit, a week is too short if I could get Ivanna and then you. Hahaha!"

Their conversation enters my mind but my sight becomes blank.

My consciousness returns when I feel my butt is kicked.

"Let's go, slave."

I subconsciously follow her but my mind starts processing.

Ivanna, I stole her virginity. Ever since then, I alone enjoy her body. I thought I shall monopolize her forever. 

But I was naive. Like me, she is captured as slave. They will use her as bargaining chip, they will use conveniently use her.

20