Chapter 19: Hunting
2k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The leaves of the trees directly blocks our view so we can’t see well but it seems that the day is still quite high even in the winter so we decide to explore outside.

Despite the winter, the sky is not so dark, probably because the sun is still up high or maybe because the trees are widely spaced. 

“Still, it will be bad if we don’t come back early.”

I mutter as Ivanna mark the spruce tree near us with the sword while proceeding to the inner part. It is not known at what timing the misalignment will come back and the direction of the house will disappear, so just in case, I will not stop marking trees.

Along the way, Ivanna also picks up some medicinal herbs that are used to stop fever and wound suppuration. She takes as much as it can fit in her bag. 

About an hour later, we hear the sound of water. It seems that we found a valuable water source in this world. When we head for the sound, there is a lake. 

The shore on the other side cannot be seen from here, so is it a fairly large lake. Up to this point, we have been exploring medicinal herbs and other things along the way, so if we come without looking at anything else, we should have arrived in about 15 minutes.

My body clock tells me that it’s still early for the sun to set, I decide to explore the banks of the lake a little more. While walking along the lake, we occasionally stop, look into the water and make some discoveries.

First of all, there are shrubs with fruit like raspberries and trees with fruit like apples. According to the Ivanna , these fruits are edible. So, we take some. 

When I look closely into the water, it seems that the water of the lake is springing up here, I can’t see it from here right now. Ivanna says there is possibly a mountain somewhere around here. The water is clean and many fish live in the area.

We have a good time while discussing about it, my body clock tells me we should head back soon…. As we are about to do so, Sekrit finds something lying behind the grass. Is it about 100 cm? It’s quite big for an ordinary animal. We look at each other and the girls nod. Sekrit approaches the animal carefully.

It is a reindeer. She steps skilfully without making a sound until reaching half a meter from it. It wiggles its ears when she is very close. It leaps forward without turning to her. 

"Damn." She leaps to it but the reindeer has better reflex. 

Just before it starts to run, Clementine makes her trademark leap straight to the reindeer and stabs it. 

I run to the fallen Clementine and picks her up. Ivanna places the carcass, belly up, on a slope. 

"Hm. It is female." She slightly complains.

After exhaling, she draw her sword to cut its udder and then remove musk glands at the knees. She subsequently splits hide from tail to throat and makes the cut shallow so she doesn't not pierce the stomach. 

"Woooaaaaa!" Clementine and Sekrit looks amazed that their cute mouths turn into the shape of "O".

She inserts the blade under the skin, carefully taking care not to cut into the body cavity. She peels the hide back several inches on each side to keep hair out of meat. She cut one side of the sternum where the ribs can join to open the chest cavity. 

"You are really capable, red hair bitch." Clementine praises but that makes Ivanna irritated. 

"Shut up!" She yells and suddenly stops to regain focus.

She moves the blade to upper part of the body. She reaches inside and cut the windpipe and gullet as close to the base of the skull. 

Clementine is so into this until her head blocks Ivanna's view.

"Move!" Ivanna knocks Clementine's head with her elbow.

"Ouuch. What are you.."

"You are in the way." Sekrit pulls Clementine to her side.

Ivanna sighs and then her hands returns to lower part. With the forward end of the intestinal tract free, she works her way to the rear, lifting out internal organs and intestines.

She pinches the urethra tightly and cut it beyond the point she is pinching.

The girls clap their hand innocently, causing Ivanna to blush.

Ivanna carefully cut the bladder away the carcass. Once the bladder is removed, from the outside of the carcass, she cuts a circle around the anus, then pulls the anus into the body cavity and out the carcass.

"Help me." She signals to me. 

I help her to roll the carcass to drain all the blood. 

She removes the hide, make cuts along the inside of the legs to just above the hoof or paw. Then she peels the skin back, using your blade in a slicing motion to cut the membrane between the skin and the meat. She continues this until the entire skin is removed.

"Yeeeee!" The other 2 girls cheer and clap innocently.

Finally, we get the edible meat ready.

"Let's find some leaves to burn."

"Yeah " 

Sekrit and Clementine leisurely stride from here.

Meanwhile, Ivanna washes the meat, her hands and sword in the lake. The lake seems not deep.

I am just enjoying, watching the whole scene. Ivanna notices how intently I have been watching her. Her face turns red. 

"What are you starting at?" She throws a rock at me.

27