Chapter 42 : Ghoul
897 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A ghoul." Even the lifeless Mirai now speaks in trembling tone.

"What?" The other girls gawk.

"Ghoul is human that is no longer living. Bad news is ghouls have excellent physical, but they eat men." Kurotsuchi elucidates and Mirai inclines.

The girls hesitate to start an attack.

Amazement? Terror? It is impossible to say.

The ghoul roars and we don't see any tongue from his opened mouth. 

With his breath coming as steam, it jumps forward, unleashing a roar that reverberate on the plain covered by snow. 

Sylvia who is standing beside Hiro, blinks. Her eyelids threaten to freeze shut and adjusted her grip on her rapier with fingers that feel they might never come loose from it.

"Is it slow?" Sekrit asks cautiously.

"I .. I am .... Afraid.. not." Clementine is staring straight at the ghoul, her usual flippant tone diminishes.

Both of them possess quick legs, their bodies can twist and move nimbly to alter warp and weft of the battleground aroun one. However, both of their bodies are not built for the cold to begin with. 

They each move to the left and right as the ghoul jumps to them first. The ghoul slams a palm down in a snow piled on the ground. Ivanna swings down her rapier but blocks by its hand. I leaps into Ivanna which she slashes it but it hit with its large skinny hand. Ivanna's body goes flying and slams against a tree. It runs towards her but she barely rolls to  the left and it rams into that tree.

Kurotsuchi appears behind it and strikes its back a dozen of times using her 'kodachi' (short sword). Her eyes go wide and she immediately retreats many steps backward. So does Ivanna.

They can't believe their eyes. The various cuts are deep but there isn't a single drop of blood. The thin tree partly crumbles but it stands up like it was nothing. That crashing into tree and being cut doesn't cause pain to it as if it's sense of pain doesn't exist.

"What manner of monster is this?" Sekrit yells, and us still hesitant.

The ghoul turns it's head to each person who is in different positions as if its mind is struggling to choose which prey to attack. Kurotsuchi runs to its side and attempts another attack, but to her surprise, it dodges. She follows up with another attack but it evades and strikes her using its claw like fingers. 

"Kurotsu...!" Mirai and Hiro shouts.

Kurotsuchi bends down and stabs its heart. It doesn't feel pain and tries to bite her shoulder but she makes an upward kick, causing it to be thrown backward. She nimbly chase after it and pull away the kodachi from its heart. 

The ghoul falls to the ground but it doesn't look to be in any pain despite being stabbed in the heart.

The girls gawk when seeing it rises again.

"Lightning." Sylvia's sword shaped electricity strikes it to the ground.

As her lightning spell has 5 minutes downtime before can be used again, she observes the body that is on the ground.

After nearly 3 minutes, it rises and her white eyes look at each of them.

Before it could move, Sylvia strikes it with another electricity and it collapses. 

Its body has been roasted but their gut feeling is telling them it would definitely rise again.

Then, the body looks struggling on the ground but then rises. 

Compared to the girls, Hiro came from different universe. In his original world, there are many movies about undead human called as zombies. Zombies cannot be killed unless their head being destroyed or neck being cut.

Thus, he makes up his mind.

"Mirai. Shadow binding him."

The apathetic Mirai adhere him without question.

A black shadow stretches from her feet to the ghoul. Then, it is frozen. 

Hiro walks to behind it.

"What are you going to do?" Ivanna asks while walking to him.

He holds its head with both of his hands. 

"1, 2, 3." 

He counts to three before twisting it's head 180 degree. 

Once he releases his hands, its head fall to its chest and its while body ceases movement.

"Release the Shadow binding."

"Are you sure, Hiro-sama?" Mirai asks worriedly.

As he nods confidently, she unbinds the shadow.

The creature's body suddenly collapse to the ground. 

After minutes, it never rise again.

Hiro then announces,

"For such creature, to kill it, you must destroy it's head or cut its neck."

Suddenly, the translucent dashboard appears.

"500 points added. You now have 700 points."

"You can add one additional item in 'Item Transmigration' ability."

8