Chapter 102: Post War Ferelden
319 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as Hiro steps to the front of the Merchants Guild, he feels several gazes on him. 

He looks behind, there are several men hanging at the entrance of the mercenaries guild. 

"Hey, it’s that guy._

"The ugly guy who gets special treatment not only from Jill but also from Suzy."

Hiro doesn’t notice them whispering to each other. As to why…

"Hiro!"

The moment she sees Hiro standing before the guild, Jill came running to him from behind the counter.

"Are you okay?! Did she does anything to you?!」

"Wh-What’s up with you?"

She touches his head and pretty much his whole body. Hiro is clueless as to what is going on.

"What?!"

Jill grasps his hand.

"Come with me. I want to talk to you."

Her hand is soft and warm. She is so close that Hiro could smell a delightful scent drifting from her. The mercenaries in front of the mercenaries guild whine as they watch Jill pulls him by the hand. Hiro feels the same as well.

This girl’s attitude turns a complete 180!

Upon entering the office, he notices Suzy is here as well. She waves her hand towards him.

Jill is about to pull Hiro towards counter, but after casting a sidelong glance at Suzy, she stops. She then walks to to small doorless room beside the counter: consultation room like nothing happened.

"………"

Jill keeps shooting glances at Hiro, though. He understands what she is trying to say with those eyes. Over here. Come here. Don’t go over to Suzy. The eyes could speak a thousand words.

Suzy is smiling cutely and waving at him. Hiro smells trouble, but going over to Suzy would only make Jill upset. Without much of a choice, he reluctantly strides towards Jill who is the entrance of that room.

"You’ve come at the most opportune time, Merchant Hiro. I want to talk to you in the consultation room."

"What?"

"I want to talk to you in the consultation room."

"I, uhh…"

"I want to talk to you in the room."

"Roooom."

After repeating it four times, Jill saunters into the room.

"I’m sorry!"Jill exclaims before he could say anything else.

She bows her head, both hands on the table. He could feel icy stares from the counter.

After sighing, I has to school her,

"Don’t think that others will be delighted with whatever you do. Let me get this straight. Your attitude towards me will only elicit unnecessary misunderstandings."

"Why are being harsh to me? I am just being considerate." She responds in panic.

"It's fine. It's fine. I need you to briefly explain to me about something. I already ask around from others but in case, your information may be more complete."

"You can ask me anything." She looks delighted.

"About important people in Ferelden and the territories."

She then returns to her serious mode.

"Ferelden kingdom is ruled by a king. Current king is Cailan Theirin. Recently, he has reappointed the old advisor of the previous king, Count Loghain Mac Tir to the advisor position. Loghain is the father of the current Queen, Anora Theirin. Royal palace is located in the region of Denerim.

The noble of Denerim is the old man Marquis Urovarna. There are two counts there, Count Irminric Eremon and Count Duncan Warden. These two are very strong warriors but rarely fight outside Denerim."

Hiro takes a mental note on that.

She resumes,

"There are 6 regions ruled by great Nobles. South Reach is ruled the Marquis Leonas Bryland, a very experienced warrior. Edgehall is ruled by Marquis Raeven, who is maybe the most influential noble in Ferelden. He cannot fight, though. There is another one who cannot fight, Marquis Brumerush who ruled West Hills, but he is the richest. Abram where we reside now is ruled by Margrave Lubreo Lambert. He may be an average fighter but he is extremely shrewd."

When her explanation reached Lambert, her voice become so hushed, almost like a whisper.

"Ehem. The most influential noble was Marquis Eamon Guerrin who ruled Redcliffe but he and his entire male heir were killed in the war against Arkland. So, now her young wife becomes the Marquis. The another great noble who died in that war is Marquis Bann who ruled Amaranthine. His brother, Rendon Howe becomes the new Marquis."

She inhales slightly and releases her breath, nice scent comes from her mouth. He wonders if she has used the toothbrush he gave her.

"There is also another famous noble, Margrave Bryce Cousland who rules Highever in the region of Amaranthine. Half of Amaranthine is actually within Highever. Relationship between Cousland and Howe in Amaranthine is like relationship between Blare and Lambert in Abram. Bryce Cousland and his sons are known as very strong warriors in Ferelden."

"What about Arkland."

"Good that you ask. Arkland was one of the region in Ferelden. Ruler of Arkland, in fact, is a Duke, the highest peerage rank. But upon the victory in recent war, they declared sovereignty from Ferelden. It is now called Arkland Dukedom."

Hiro is glad he now understands the real situation in Ferelden.

Suddenly, Jill stands up and dashes to the entrance.

He hears bantering from Suzy and exaggerated response from Jill. The exchange between the two girls continue for long time.

"Hiro-sama. You promised to date me tonight."

Hiro nearly falls down from the chair as a girl suddenly shows up from the entrance to the consultation room.

"What? Did you forget?" The girl with short black but voluminous hair, Kurotsuchi  puffs out her cheeks. 

"Sorry. Sorry. Let's go now "

He dashes to her and pulls her hand, exiting the guild. The receptionist girls call him but he just ignores them.

5