Chapter 106: Hidden Trump Card
303 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lyla does not look away from her master who is a horse far away from her..

"Hey, woman soldier!"

"Hoi, woman.  I said  listen to what our lord had to say. Turn here quickly." A knight in front of the viscount is containing his anger.

On seeing Lyla's complete disregard for him, the viscount of Dioral Kingdom angrily shouts an order.

"Ignoring us! Even a noble is not permitted to ignore us! Knights, capture this woman! It’s fine if he’s injured a little!"

Four members of the Dioral Kingdom knights charge forward at their master's instruction, but all of them are cut down in a single breath. Without being flashy, a precise swing of the sword killed efficiently. Watching the elegance and cruelty, everyone in the battlefield holds their breath.

House of Lambert only send a group of mercenaries with their knights, but the Dioral's knights let their guard down as their enemy only send a line young woman.

With silent footsteps, Lyla draws near the viscount in an instant.

With a sound like cutting grass, the viscount’s head is cut off.

Cleaning her blade with a small cloth, Lyla steps several steps forward, without a trace of malice in her expression.

Lubreo watches the massacre from afar, on his horse, smiling. 

In the war against Federation over a month ago, House of Lambert had to join forces with Marquis Urovarna. He couldn't unleash his trump card freely. Lyla was made to fight on battlefield hidden from Urovarna's men. 

On the present skirmish against Dioral's border force, there is no other Ferelden's faction involved. Thus, he could unleash his trump card.

This present war is merely a small skirmish caused by a dispute between Ferelden's lord of Abram with some lower noble lords of Dioral Kingdom over a piece of land on their border. The land is buffer zone between Ferelden and Dioral but some Dioral lords collect toll from merchants who use that land as their trading route. 

The complaints were lodged by members of the merchant guild.

Dioral is only less than one third of Ferelden's size, but its border stretches past three of Ferelden's regions, namely West Hills, Abram and Redcliffe.

The enemies are already lost for words. Feeling fear and confusion, no one moves.

But one person, a younger knight runs towards Lyla.

"Don’t think you can get away with this!"

He pulls out his sword and charges at her.

Lyla passes by the side of the knight with a quick movement, scoops his opponent’s chin and throws him to the stone floor.

Upon thrown to the ground, he quickly roll towards his comrades in panic.

Another viscount trying to organise his thoughts. Though unable to precisely understand what is happening in front of him, he carefully watches the situation.

At that moment, a sound is heard cutting through the air.

The arrow that comes flying, is knocked down by Lyla’s broadsword.

Using the blue sky, the arrow is painted blue, it’s tip wet.

"At last, you appear."

With the viscount and the other two ahead of her, Lyla sees the people who entered the battlefield from the back.

There are twenty men. Though all members seemed to be wearing light armour, their eyes are bitter.

Only the two in front charge forward.

Holding black knives, without a single word, they mutually understand each other only with glances.

Casually swatting the approaching knife-wielding hand to the side, it ends up in the other man’s chest, as though planned from the beginning.

The man releases the knife in surprise and promptly has his arm joints broken. Thrown to the ground face-first, his skull breaks on the ground.

Three more charge from three directions. Lyla swings the large sword horizontally and two men were pushed away. The sword didn't cut their bodies into two, but the first one looses his hand and the other received a deep cut in his chest. The third one attacks from her back, but without turning behind, Lyla crouches down to dodge and the his sword hit air. Then, Lyla swings her sword 180 degree and cut his head off.

Though five men instantly died, the next enemy approaches without flinching.

Calmly pulling out her broad sword, Lyla slits the wrist of the man in front, and continuing on, cut his throat.

Ignoring the man spraying blood from his throat, Lyla crushes the next man’s toes with his heel, his sword piercing through the staggered man’s chest.

Lyla rams the chest of an opponent coming from the side with his shoulder, passed by while piercing his heart.

Languidly lowering the blade soaked in blood, the murderer shows blank expression.

"Her sword is heavy, it is safe as long we stay outside her range!"  A man who looks like the captain shouts instruction.

Four of the enemies throw small knives.

Matching their timing, the other four thrust forward.

"Hoh…"

Exhaling, thrust her left punch forward, hitting one man’s torso and bringing him down, while doing so, the four knives struck the falling man's back. She swings her sword upward, hitting the closest enemy.

Convulsing once, the fellow collapsed powerlessly.

Slipping under the other approaching attacker, she catches another jumping attacker off guard, and stabs him using an enemy's knife that she silently picked up before. The fourth knight's back slightly touches Lyla's back. Both of them make horizontal backward slash simultaneously but her large sword overpowers his medium length sword. Her broadsword hit the knight's sword before cutting his body.

Lyla savagely throws knives at the remaining four attackers and pulls her sword along the ground while striding quickly towards them.

Towards the abruptly approaching Lyla, the men blocks with their own knives, but they are just too unlucky.

As though gliding, the large sword cut lopped off the first person’s head, continuing on, sliced through the second person’s carotid artery.

Remaining two enemies attack in panic, before their swords reach Lyla, her large sword slaughters them.

Moving the katana back, approaching the previously disregarded opponent, the katana point soundlessly pierced through the centre of the torso.

She notices two approaching knights.

Snatching the knife from the dead opponent’s hand, Lyla throws it with a quick snap of his elbow. The knife flies a frightening speed striking  one man. She thrusts another man at point blank range, the blade of the large sword enters his eye and exiting from the back of his head.

The rest of the enemies are watching helplessly and dumbstruck.

How on earth such a girl with size smaller than men, could handle a large sword proficiently and overpower strong knights simultaneously. What adds to their horror is her expressionless face during the massacre.

5