Chapter 114: Brita’s Rhapsody (Part 2)
289 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gill Enel Gustav. Stylish, capable, and thoughtful. A mature young woman.

“I have no reason to turn her down. I ask everyone else if they want to come along, but it seems they all have plans.”

Brita suddenly stops walking.

“…What’s wrong?”

“Ah… Ahh-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!”

With her free hand she plays with her brownish red hair to distract him.

Gah. She beat me to it…Brita complains in her heart.

Whether or not he understands what she is thinking, Hiro repeats dispassionately, “What?”

“…Aww, it’s nothing.” Brita shakes her head slowly.

It’s… It’s not that big a deal. Is it?

So she hasn’t gotten what she want.

She isn’t sure she ought to give voice to her thought now, but it was only words, right?

“I just… I was hoping to see the festival with you, too. That’s all.”

“Were you?”

“Yeah.”

She nods, then.they fall silent again.

Before they knew it, the flagstones had given way to a dirt road, and they

walked out through the great main gate.

In the spring, this hill filled with daisies. Now, with new season approaching, all that remain is the grazing grass and their own crunching footsteps.

When he listens closely, he could hear the faint sounds of some insect, and the girl’s breathing beside him.

It has grown colder, but not so much that their breath fogged.

“…Hey.”

“What?”

“What time’s your date?”

“Noon.”

The Hiro bar’s twinkling lights are appearing in the distance.

Hiro keeps his eyes, rather forward as he answers quietly.

“Oh,” Brita whispers, drawing her trembling hand to her chest.

“Then… Could I ask for date in your morning?”

“Yes.”

“Wha?”

She has been about to retract such a forward request, and now all she could do is stare.

Hiro's black hair blends with the darkness so well she could barely tell where the hair ends and the night begins.

Just like how she couldn’t quite tell whether he is being truthful.

He is easy enough to understand, but—isn’t she projecting her own desires onto his words?

Brita gulps. She wishes her voice wouldn’t shake.

“R-really?”

“Why should I lie?”

There is no hitch in his voice.

Of course he isn’t the kind of man to tell such a foolish lie. She knows that.

“But it’s… You’re sure…?”

“That is not the question.” He dismisses her anxious inquiry easily. “You asked me to.”

“Oh… Then…if you’re okay with it?”

“I don’t mind.”

“Yaaaaaay!”

Britacould hardly be blamed for her excited whoop after his matter-of-fact response.

She jumps in the air, her generous chest bouncing, and spin around in front of him.

“All right, it’s a date! The morning of the festival.”

“Yes.” Overwhelmed, Hiro cocks his head in puzzlement as he prefers sex over strolling a festival. “Does it make you that happy?”

“What a question!”

Brita reminds him of what he should have already known with a huge smile.

“I really want to go to a festival with you!”

“Has it?”

“Sure has.”

“…I see.” Hiro shakes his head with the utmost seriousness. “I

didn’t realize.”

Now the house is right in front of them.

***

(Basement in Redcliffe castle)

Blue aura envelopes Connor's whole body. At first, it was thin but then it gradually becomes thicker. 

"Good. Young master. You can now consistently draws out your magical energy. Now, draw them in." Jowan says.

Then, the blue aura slowly recedes until it totally disappears. 

Connor is breathing hard.

"Young master, please rest a bit."

Connor's head immediately rests on the table.

"Teacher. How did you learn magic?" Out of the blue, the kid lifts up his head and asks the pondering man.

"We don't learn magic, young master. Magic is a talent. Not everybody is born with magic. We only learn to control and develop that talent."

"So, where did you learn to control that magic?" The smart kid sharply changes his question.

"In church. The church captured me because I show same magic. I was imprisoned with other kids. There, we were tortured to learn about magic."

"So, will I be captured by church. In Redcliffe town, we have church.."

"No, young master. I was different as I was lowly villagers' child. Young master is a son of noble. You can still be pardoned, although you are not allowed to inherit from your mother."

"Is that why mother is hiding me from everyone?"

That question makes Jowan puzzled.

After a minute of pondering, Jowan changes topic,

"Young master, we should not waste time. Let's start with black magic."

"Yeeees." As a child who easily looses concentration, Connor does not follow up the interrogation.

Connor closes his eyes and black aura starts to envelope his small body.

The smoke like aura becomes thicker as time passes. 

Within several minutes, the aura covers a meter from him.

"Now, young master. As I taught you, summon."

Connor shouts, "Summon demon!"

After a while, the black aura recedes and a very small crow appears on Conner's left shoulder. 

The crow is obviously not a bird as its face looks like a wolf. 

"Good job, young master. You finally summon a low level demon!" Jowan jumps delightfully.

Connor complains, "Aaaa... Low level? When can I summon high level demon that can bring back my family."

"Be patient, young master. Demon summoning is highest level and most difficult dark magic."

Jowan is excited. His theory is proven. The forbidden skill of demon summoning could be passed on someone else. He is excited on what will happen next.

2