Chapter 147: Women in Black
233 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Aunt Rose!! Beltz family!! Anyone…!!"

She calls her former employer and kindest maid’ names in her heart. They are not in the same room as her, obviously.

The faces and names of the people closest to her, some had passed away, appeared in her head, one by one.

Father, mother, aunties, uncles, the other maids, and knights…

...then, the last one to appear is…

“Master peddler…”

She doesn't know his name but she always called him Master Peddler. That name escapes her lips. Though she herself does not know why.

“I see, so you used that name. That’s the right answer.”

“Gah!?”

As soon as she uttered Master Peddler’s name, a third person suddenly speaks up. Three men’s body who are holding her suddenly slip to the side and fall on the floor. She could see blood spreading on the floor.

Behind them is a small silhouette, which belonged to…

“You are...”

“I thought I could wait and see a little longer...but as you called my master’s name, I had to act.”

Behind the men, there are three figure. Their faces are covered by masks but from the bulges on their chests, they are obviously female. In their hands, there are weird short weapons she hasn't been before.

“Maid, Bella On our master’s orders, we have come to save you.”

The remaining men are stunned.

The female figures then leap towards me and cut the necks of men holding me.

The shortest masked woman holds Bella who is just in her lingeries, and brings her up.

"Men. Takes your weapon." Soraya yells her command while Lubreo observes the incident with great interest.

The men quickly put up their pants and pick up their swords. 

The knight Lyla is still dumbfounded. 

The trio brings Bella on her feet and pulls her hands. They rush to the door but before reaching there, remaining men encircle them. 

Soraya walks to behind the men and says while containing her irritation.

"I don't know who you are, but you are going to the same fate as the treacherous maid." 

Suddenly, Lyla yells,

"Everyone, beware. Look at the window!"

Another shocking appearance disrupt them.

The only window to the main hall is large enough to fit five adult men. 

Just outside the window, a figure wearing mask is floating in the air.

"What... Isn't this the third floor?" The men starts shouting in panic.

"That... Flying magic... First time I see it." Now even the sorceress is dumbstruck. 

Two small icicles appear before the floating figure and shoot into the window, in high speed and stab a man who is blocking the door. Another one stab a man who block the girls' path towards the window.

They fall and die. 

Two women exit the door with Bella while another one dashes to the window and face them.

"Chase them!"

The duo go separate way upon exiting. 

One stay at the door facing them and another one, who is the shortest of the them run with Bella. 

One woman is blocking the door and another woman at the window with the floating sorcerer behind her.

Their faces are covered by masks and their hair are covered by strange caps. 

Thus, it is very difficult to know their identities.

When several men try to approach the window, the floating figure enters and lands beside the woman in black clothing. 

That figure also belongs to a woman.

Lyla stands before Lubreo with her swords raised towards the intruders.

"Lyla, protect master!"

Soraya yells.

"Yes. Lady Soraya!"

The men points their weapons towards the one blocking the door but she just remains stationary. 

The stalemate continues for several minutes.

"I doubt you four women are from Beltz." The silence is broken by none other than Lubreo himself.

The women doesn't reply. 

"If that's how you are going to play, Lyla! Get the one at the door. The rest, go to the window."

Lubreo calmly gives out order.

Lyla quickly drags her long sword to the door and the rest charge towards the window.

The two women climb over the window. 

Before the men could grab them, the duo jump off the window.

"What!!!!"

A woman is floating in the air as expected while one disappears.

The men poke the heads into the large windows.

"Hey. Look!"

Another commotion among the men.

Lubreo and Soraya stride to the window.

The woman who they thought had disappeared actually is running on the wall of the castle.

She doesn't fall according to gravity. 

"Be careful. The flying woman is chanting something."

Soraya is now scared of the unknown things that will happen.

"Blizzard."

Suddenly, several ice cones appears behind them. 

The ice cones now encircle them.

Then, the floating sorceress fly away to the town.

***

Meanwhile, the Lyla chases after an intruder alone. 

The intruder could easily leave her in the dust but jog slowly as if to lure her to somewhere.

Every time the distance between them becomes too far, the intruder stops and turn her towards her as if waiting for her. 

When she is too close, she runs again. 

The castle has four floors and the intruder leads her to the lower floor.

1