Chapter 203: Hezri Kingdom
177 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Main Hall in Redcliffe castle)

I make another announcement.

"As Redcliffe is part of the new country, Hezri Kingdom, I shall restructure its hierarchy. Isolde Guerrin shall be the second most powerful authority in Hezri Kingdom. While she remains as Marchioness of Ferelden, in the new kingdom, she shall be a Duke. I hereby grant her title as Duchess Isolde Guerrin."

Isolde leaves her cathedra and kneels to me. She kisses my hand while I caress her hair.

Then, I sit on the cathedra while she stands next to me.

The four gawking men look like they are about to faint. I pity them. Please bear with us.

Isolde announce,

"I, Isolde Guerrin as the duchess of Hezri Kingdom announces the third highest authority in the kingdom,  Marchioness Ivanna Reskina."

Ivanna walks to Isolde, kneels down and kiss her hand. Then, Ivanna crawls before be and kiss my hand. Finally, she stands at my other side.

Isolde continues her proclamation,

"Clementine Quintia and Sekrit Hezri shall be the Countess. Please present yourselves. Countess Clementine Quintia and Countess Sekrit Hezri."

Sekrit and Clementine walks to the three of us, kneel down and kiss our hands.

"The five viscounts shall be promoted in the new kingdom as Margrave."

Jascha Alatt stands up and bows down to us. The other four awkwardly follow his act.

I then make further announcement,

"Redcliffe army shall be dissolved and replaced by new organization known as Red Army. Red Army flag shall be flag of Hezri Kingdom."

Ivanna then draws a large flag and show to them.

The flag is pitch red with a book and a hammer on it.

I add, "The knights and conscripted villagers of Ferelden shall be combined with my denizens in Hinterland to form the Red Army. Red Army shall be divided into three main groups. First, knights and noble families. Second, militiamen. Militiamen are commoners who are hired by Red Army on full time basis. Third, temporary conscripted villagers."

The four veterans seem impressed of how we organize the Red Army.

"I also hereby appoint Margrave Jascha Alatt as the Minister of Economy who reports directly to me, the King. Demesnes, farms, belongings and wharfs owned by the current noble families shall remain as before."

Isolde adds,

"I hope that you gentlemen can relay our declaration to your underlings."

***

(Lloyd Tavern)

After the meeting, the three girls and me visit the tavern. Bella is here, depressed. 

"Bella. Don't worry. You are now the owner of this tavern. We shall change the signboard to 'Isolde Tavern' though. We announce that this tavern is taken over by the lord of Redcliffe so no one dares to bully one. She will send a guard or two to man this tavern. But, you are actually the owner. I will only support you financially." 

Hearing that, Bella cries and hugs me. 

***

(Owen Blacksmith)

After Bella's tavern, we go to Owen's workshop. Valena is here as well. 

We relayed what happened in the castle to him.

"So, I will appoint you as the official Blacksmith of the kingdom." 

"That's good, dad. You are no longer jobless." Valena jumps in delight.

"Well. I am already indebted to you for saving my daughter. I just accept." Owen sighs.

Red Army has its own Blacksmith.

***

(Redcliffe Church)

Farra sit on the chair, and being hard-pressed. The reason is the man before her, which is me. 

I force her to change her church into One God Cult. Several members of the One God Cult shall be assigned here to spread the teaching of one God and proselytize villagers.

"It's no problem, isn't it? If outsiders visit, you just pretend you are still follower of Three Gods Church."

She has no choice as she has nowhere to go. 

**"

2