Chapter 252: Albert Hyuutia
111 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's see if you all could face me, Godrey of Bouillon, senior knight of Templar!"

An even more muscular man than Métier bark with a large sword pointed to the sky.

"Hu..hu..hu.. Let me Irijina, the proud knight of Hezri Kingdom.."

Before Irijina could finish,  a man in his fifties walks towards Godrey and interjects,

"I am Albert Hyuutia.  Lady Irijina, please step aside. You are weakened. This man, despite exhausted is a top elite in Templar. Let me be his opponent."

"Ooo. The famous Hyuutia.." Godfrey smiles and prepares his fighting stance.

Farnese pulls Rowan's sleeve,

"Is Hyuutia that famous?"

"What are you talking about, Lady Farnese? Hyuutia family is as famous as Hero of Ferelden. That Albert is the current head of Hyuutia. He should have a daughter."

Their conversation is interrupted when sounds of metal clashing are fill up the surrounding.

Unlike the preceding fight, this is a heavyweight battle. Looking at his burly body and bastard sword, everyone immediately knows Godfrey is a fighter based on sheer power but the middle aged Albert is as powerful as him despite being leaner in size. Despite his age, he is still stalwart.

"Come, Hyuutia! The God of War is bearing witness, to this battle between us men of valor!" The larger man bellows while showing off the "T" symbol which represents the Gods of his church.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Templar knight. I am no longer believe in the Gods of your church." Albert retreats several steps and replies calmly.

"What do you mean, old man?"

"I have converted to new faith. Hyuutia family now only believes in one God."

"Haaaarggg!!" Albert''s reply immediately enrages the fanatical religious zealot.

The large man jumps and slashes but dodged by the smaller man. 

Godfrey has gone berserk and his giant sword chases the middle aged man like crazy. 

At first, Albert evades but then blocks and counters.

The two of them cross swords at speeds that average soldiers could  hardly follow, taking turns blocking each other’s strikes, deflecting them, and then returning counter attacks.

Not only is each attack good enough to be fatal if it lands, if not enough power is put into each blow, the impact would be strong enough to send either sword flying.

Every one of their clashes would cause the atmosphere to tremble, the sparks caused by the grinding of their blades would scatter and the harsh ringing of metal echoes off the cliffs.

And when the spectators loose count of how many times their blades cross, the side of Albert's sword, which he thrusts at Godfrey, is deflected with his hand and then a slash is returned at Albert, prompting him to jump back on reaction. Godfrey's blade must have grazed Albert as the armour around his chest is sliced open and falls to the ground.

That is close...... just one more step forward and it would have cut the middle aged man's body.

He has lost the upper portion of his armor and left pretty much half-naked showing off his ripped chest, although there really is no point to wearing armour against a sword like that.

"It’s my turn next!"

Perhaps it’s because I get lighter after his armour was forcefully removed, Albert is able to parry Godfrey’s sword and give him a slash on the arm in the next exchange of slashes.

The cut is not too severe, but Albert still feels good to draw first blood.

"Nuu...... so it really was heavy!"

Godfrey removes his red cloak and even strips the small amount of armour he is wearing, leaving just his leather pants on.

He originally only had a small piece of armour protecting his vital areas so now that he’s taken it off, he’s mostly naked.

"Now I can move easier!"

With a Herculean build like his, his armour probably wasn’t heavy enough that he could feel it, although he is visibly faster with it taken off.

His downward strike would crush Albert if the older man just blocks it, so Albert responds with an upward swing to meet his blade, and then answer his horizontal swing with a sideways slash of his own.

Their strength is equal...... no, if he is not careful, Godfrey will overpower him slightly.

However, now that he has exchanged so many blows with the templar, the more experienced Albert can predict how his powerful opponent will attack.

Albert will decide the fight here and now.

Albert dodges his horizontal slash and escapes to his flank.

Albert slashes his side while running right by him – a clean strike.

"Uugh!"

"Tch, too shallow!?"

Everyone thought Albert has completely gouged out the side of Godfrey's body, but the cut isn’t deep enough.

Godfrey’s speed and developed muscle mass have prevented the attack from reaching his organs.

Even so, his blood is spilled and he is made to fall on his knee, which is apparently shocking to the two surviving members.

There is a clear feeling of unrest in their faces.

After checking on his bleeding wound, Godfrey raises his sword up high, something which he didn’t do until now.

He’s full of openings, but he desperately wants to finish things in one attack.

In response, Albert raises his own sword above his head. As there is an obvious height gap, the larger man's fighting stance looks deadlier.

Both of them approach each other slowly, and then take one final huge swing at each other.

After a loud crashing sound, Godfrey’s sword is knocked out of his hands and onto the ground.

"That was a very good fight. As expected of templars' elite."

Once he says that, Albert Hyuutia inhales and closes his eyes before makes horizontal swing. Godfrey's head is decapitated.

Suddenly, Rowan runs towards Jascha Alatt's horse and kneels down before prostrating before him.

"...."

"Please let this lady go..You can take my life alone!" He shouts earnestly.

"What are you babbling, Rowan?" Farnese yells angrily but in confusion. Mirai and Hanabi are already standing beside her.

"As I said, you had seen our secret weapon, the undead. If we let you go and you tell this to the world. The church and every noble families in the continent will hunt us." Jascha Alatt coldly state.

"Please, we won't tell anybody. In fact, we actually have no loyalty to the church or anybody else. The lady there is the  only daughter of the head of Vandimion family!"

Jascha Alatt, Albert Hyuutia and everybody else except Hanabi and Mirai gawk at the declaration.

"What happens?" Mirai asks.

"...Is Vandimion family that shocking?" Hanabi instead turns his question towards Jascha Alatt.

"...."

"If she is Vandimion, I don't think we can kill her." Albert voices his opinion.

Jascha Alatt remains speechless.

Kyla Hyuutia who has been silent the whole time suddenly voices up,

"My husband is right. Noble of Venetian, especially Vandimion family are tight-lipped. Even Orlais and church are controlled by them through bribe." 

"Sir Alatt. Regardless what happened, it is better to build relationship with Venetian than killing their main heir." Another head of family supports Hyuutia's stance.

After observing Farnese for quite some time, Jascha Alatt breaks the silence,

"Fine. She will not be killed for now. We shall imprison both of them. Final decision rests on His Majesty Hiro."

Hearing that, Rowan raises his head and bows,

"Thank you. We are indebted to you!"

2