Chapter 305: Gertrude and Dioral Entourage
100 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 days later in the border between Hyuutia region and central Dioral. 

Odbart Adalgiso steps off his carriage, only to find himself bewildered, dumbly staring at the scene in front of him.

Spread out in front of his eyes is a colossal wall made of massive wooden logs, as tall as the wall his family has been constructing at the border. Compared to his own partially completed wall, the walls completely stretches to south and West as if cutting the whole vast land into two.

It is hard for him to believe that this is the great plain in the middle of Dioral Kingdom. 

It would have been more believable if someone has told him that this is all an illusion, but that is not the case. The scene in front of him is the truth, the embodiment of out-of-the-world technology.

His expression contorted at the sight of the super construction. 

How much manpower and time would have been necessary to build a wall as far reaching as to this extent? 

Either quantity would be unimaginable to him, the only one with the power to realize this is the new king, who could only be described as unfathomable.

The footsteps behind him get closer as a voice begins to speak to him.

"Count.."

It is a noble from his own faction consist of thirty head of families, that have accompanied him on his way here. 

Although he is a mere baron, Odbart Adalgiso holds his abilities in high regard. It is to the extent where he has planned to raise this man’s title in the new kingdom he is forced to join.

Not even such a distinguished man could bring himself to speak, because he too could not hide his amazement, and so they gaze like hopeless idiots. He must be experiencing the same emotions as Odbart Adalgiso himself upon witnessing the construction in front of them.

Odbart Adalgiso looks back and confirms that all thirty nobles have descended from the ten carriages. Along the way, they were made to witness the so called sewerage system that manages human waste. That was truly mind-boggling. 

They also bore witness several thousands of troops working hard to train using swords. 

Even if whole capable men conscripted in the northwestern region, they will be extremely hard-pressed to fight those men. 

Gazing at the great wall, these aristocrats are not only amazed, but they immediately kill off any hope of communication with southern and central region. 

They are made to understand that there is no other way than to obey this newly created kingdom.

No one objected and that is to be expected. They had been summoned to this place by the king so there is no way they would still be able to say things along the lines of “let’s not.” They could not even muster that much courage in the first place — no, it is more accurate to say that none of them are so foolhardy.

He takes a look around to discover a makeshift house made out of wood  not far from them. A beauty exits the house.

Bows and arrows on her back while sword at her waist. Her exposed thighs furthers proves that she is a warrior. Her ears, however stretches a bit than normal human.

"A Dalish.."

He mutters.

Four persons from Hezri Kingdom also descends from the carriages.

Count Albert, no.. his new title is Marquis Albert Hyuutia. His daughter, Duchess Myla Hyuutia. 

The so called ninja sisters, Kurotsuchi and Hanabi. 

These four have accompanying them throughout their journey.

Albert speaks loudly,

"You must have realized that it is wiser to join this new kingdom. Nevertheless, we shall subsequently head straight to Redcliffe castle to meet with His Majesty, Duchess of Redcliffe and Marchioness Ivanna."

Odbart Adalgiso suddenly hears someone mumbles.

"Invaders.."

He immediately turns around and yells.

“You bastard!”

His sharp gaze circles around the nobles, of which there is one whose complexion is pale and whose face is constantly twitching.

Those who have lived long enough as nobility would have learned to subdue their emotions just to hide their expressions, yet the sight in front of him still made him yield internally.

He could empathize with them, but even if he concurs with that thought, they are helpless. It would not be advised to make an enemy out of this new kingdom, so he has to vocally rebuke his faction.

"You all are my loyal retainers, that was why I chose to bring you here...so try to avoid squandering my efforts through such gaffes… There is no need to apologize to or thank me. Just please try to understand where I am coming from.”

No responses, but he has faith that his intentions are well-conveyed.

“My lord. Umm, if we just walk without talking, our minds would naturally become occupied by depressing thoughts."

"Do not mind us, Lord Odbart Adalgiso. We were also like you but now we are fully obedient to His Majesty Hiro."

"While this is a question we have to face straight on, His Majesty is an unknown man who suddenly takes out land after all. Unlike us who were borne here, he is a foreigner. Will other faction do something to enrage His Majesty?”

“That is highly likely. Though our retainers may do fine, those who belong to another faction worries me.”

“After all, idiots could inherit the role of family head.”

“...Honestly, we do not have to take that much responsibility. If push comes to shove, why don’t we just allow them to perish? Grant them a quick death?”

A speech that would shock anyone who takes pride in their noble Dioral bloodline, is made by a female lord whose family had only ascended to landed nobility during her father’s generation. She is here as a representative of her sick father.

Because it has come from someone whose roots in nobility did not run that deep, many had put on displeased expressions.

"Miss Gertrude Albright. It is preferable to avoid bloodshed."

The slanted eyes girl with sand coloured hair which its pull-through braid covers her nape and half of her back. Despite considerably lengthy hairstyle, she has athletic body with warrior vibe. Her family including her is experienced in fighting the Templars and Orlais. In fact, her father was promoted straight to a baron and granted a land because of that military achievements.

***

Second floor of Redcliffe castle. Throne room.

Sitting on the cathedra is a brown skinned man with jet black hair and black pupil, look which is foreign for the visitors.

On his left, a beauty with dark blond hair, with tightly woven fishtail braid. 

"I am Isolde Guerrin, former Marchioness of Ferelden, but now a Duchess of Hezri Kingdom. As you already know, this man beside me is the king of the kingdom, Hiro Hezri."

The thirty one visitors from northeastern Dioral squats down on one knee, and unexpectedly gives a standard noble bow. 

"We are here to pay our respects to Your Majesty Hiro.”

Odbart Adalgiso bows and feels the the king glance at the back of his head.

“Odbart, correct? You made it here just in time. That said, umm...how should I put this, regulate your breath first…? You have worked up quite a lot to reach here.”

“T-to have shown such a disgraceful sight to you, I must profusely apologize.”

"..I summoned you all here after all, etiquette would dictate that I greet you first. However, I dislike meaningless chatter, so let us be prompt.”

“Understood!”

Another femme fatale with long loosen red hair stands at the king's other side. 

"I am  Marchioness Ivanna Reskina, former princess of Reskina clan of Olga Federation. Beside me is the only daughter of Federico Vandimion, the head of Venetian city state, Farnese Vandimion."

Ivanna points at younger girl standing beside her.

The girl is a stunner but all her body parts are smaller than Ivanna and Isolde. She has lighter blond hair which is weaved as one long plait along her hairline. This braided hairstyle keeps her hair entirely away from her winsome face.

Being surrounded by big names in luxurious castle makes the visitors feeling humble. 

A grey haired man with a spectacle who had greeted them earlier, Jascha Alatt is standing before the king facing the kneeling visitors.

Out of the visitors, the most excited is the only woman in the group, Gertrude Albright. For all this while, she has felt her life is hopeless at the remote land but now she has seen many surprising things.

Standing in two lines at their left and right are top nobles from Redcliffe. 

"So, let's begin with our business.." The king declares.

2