Chapter 336: Chaotic Indoor Battle
61 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Selene, take care of the two of them, and keep control of the place.”

Sylvia left Irijina and Mirai in her care as she comes with her guards.

“Leave it to me. Are you two still going up?”

“Of course. This battle won’t end until we take down the enemy general up there.”

Gertrude also nods at Sylvia's words.

“Let’s go, Gertrude. We’re almost there.”

After leaving everything to Selene, they left with the remaining able-bodied soldiers to the upper floors.

***

After regrouping their badly wounded units, Sylvia and Gertrude head upstairs.

At first, they were about five hundred strong, but now we only have one hundred of them.

The rest had fallen, but nearly all are wounded or out of energy for battle.

Among them, they selected the best among the survivors, enough to defeat the remaining enemies.

The count’s troops must also have been worn out from the battles at the castle walls, courtyard, and entrance hall.

Especially with the loss of the count's heavy infantry and the Luke’s special troops, only a few enemies remain who are phenomenal.

As they continue onward, keeping a wary eye on our surroundings, they hear rushing sounds coming behind us.

Sylvia is immediately alerted but sees her father with about ten soldiers.

It seems to be reinforcements.

“Sylvia, we have taken control of the outer edge of the castle, the courtyard, and the lower level. The capture of the wounded and prisoners of war is expected to be completed soon.”

“Basically, we’re dealing with a rat in a bag now, aren’t we?”

Sylvia nods, and Gertrude feels relieved.

“The troops who went to the command headquarters and the executive branch have also informed us that we have achieved our goal. We missed some of the top brass, but we have the chief commander in custody.”

“Not everything will go well as planned. But as long as we get the top brass under control, we’ll be fine.”

It will take a good number of troops to overrun them, but no one but the chief commander can command them all in unison.

The big picture is now settled. They move forward again, finally reaching the top floor.

“… it’s strangely quiet.”

Sylvia feels bad about the fact that no one else is moving except them.

“The count is not a man to be caught quietly. Let’s be careful.”

Sylvia’s warning made everyone, including the soldiers, brace themselves.

The fact that they have not been intercepted so far means that the enemy is gathering their remaining forces on the top floor.

They proceed with more tension than before.

Then, they arrive at a door with a magnificent design.

“It is the office of the Count. Please open it.”

Soldiers attach themselves to the door and open it left and right as Sylvia orders.

Sylvia thinks there might be a barricade or something, but it opens more easily than she had imagined.

At the back of the large room is another large desk.

On the other side, Count Jaworski is sitting in a chair, surrounded by armed soldiers.

There are about 50 men. About half the number of those are at his side.

You have come, Noir.”

“Yes, I have come to claim your head.” Noir aays sternly.

Count Jaworski, who probably already knows that his son had been defeated, shows no sign of agitation.

Not intimidated by his stern gaze, Sylvia exchanges a frontal glance with him.

“Looks like you beat Luke. And here I was, beginning to think it was the time to make him take over my seat.”

“Don’t worry. Even if he were alive, he would not be able to maintain in your seat for long.” Noir replies him.

The insurrection is already there. All they need is someone to lead them.

Well, even if they surrender, at the very least, they will be locked up for the rest of their lives.

But the proud Count Jaworski won’t accept that. All more bow to the camp where Noir is.

“Just to be clear, are you willing to surrender?”

Sylvia says somewhat hesitantly.

The response is as expected.

“The family’s name would be tarnished if I surrender after my son’s death.”

The count says his form of rejecting the offer.

At the same time, the soldiers around him draw their swords.

The soldiers on the rebel side also draw out their own.

In an instant, the atmosphere swells, and the two sides are on the verge of an explosive confrontation.

“It seems the Jaworski lineage will end with me, but I will not let their honor fall to the ground.”

Having ruled this land for many years, the House of Jaworski is very particular about their family name.

Well, it’s very like a nobleman, for better or worse, for him to prioritize honor to the end.

Also, the count’s eyes have not yet lost their liveliness.

“You may have pushed me aside from the big picture, but what do you think would happen if I took you down here?”

“What are you saying now, of all times? I have no intention of losing in this situation.”

When he starts to say something disturbing, Sylvia snaps at him.

Her eyes are fixed on the count without carelessness, her hand on her sword.

“You still don’t know? If the coup forces lose their flagbearer, they will be disorganized, and the moment they do that, the army will break free, giving us the possibility of a reversal.”

“That’s a naive statement.”

Sylvia saya to counter the count’s words.

"A reversal from here? You got to be kidding." Noir retorts him. 

The military command headquarters has already been overrun.

It is safe to say that the city’s armed forces are nearly neutralized.

“Well, if that’s what you think, so be it. Then let’s begin.”

Saying this, the count raises his hand.

The next moment, the wariness of the soldiers on the other side explodes.

“-!! Here they come. Get ready!”

It is only one gesture, but the spacious room became cramped in an instant, with dozens of people charging inside.

Added to it the overflowing fighting spirit of the soldiers, it easily heated both sides.

After a momentary stalemate, the two commanders give their orders simultaneously.

“Keep up the attacks. Annihilate the rebels!”

“Destroy the enemy one by one and take out Count Jaworski!”

With these words as a signal, the attack intensifies.

"Let's join the fun!"

Suddenly a playful voice of a girl is heard from the entrance.

Three young women appear. The voice came from a young woman with short blond hair in a very revealing outfit. She stands between two girls.

One is a tall girl with moderate length and navy blue hair.  Another one is a girl whose hair past her shoulder holding a large sword. 

"Clementine, Sekrit, Lyla!" Gertrude yells their name.

They jump into the crowd. 

Count Jaworski becomes thunderstruck as the trio is cutting his men with ease.

After seeing their team is overwhelming the enemy, Sylvia heads to the Count's table with Gertrude.

Their men and the enemy soldiers keeep slashing at each other without formation in the room.

The two girls force their way through the sword fight, keeping their heads low.

Fortunately, no enemy soldiers notice them and approach them, probably because they are preoccupied with the men in front of them.

As they pass through the melee, bathed in blood where they could no longer tell whether they are friend or foe, they see the count ahead of them.

He is staring at the two girls with a sword he uses as a staff.

Gertrude holds her sword in front of her and steps forward.

“Prepare yourself, count!”

“I won’t give you this head so easily!”

In response, the count also readies his sword, which he has been using as a staff from the start.

And so the battle begins.

1