Chapter 345: Glogow Town
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, western Castall camp:  Town of Glogow

"It seems like the crisis has passed."

The one who rules the villages around the town, Viscount Garocki , breathes a sigh of relief. His mansion is on the highest point of the town, and looks over the town’s surroundings. It is just like the lookout reported, the invaders that appeared yesterday evening has moved out in the night.

"I wondered what has happened."

The enemy troops easily exceed 1000 in number. Whether they gathered from around the villages, or if they had natives mixed in, but even if that is not taken into account they are a powerful squad. The soldiers in this town are around 500, if they are to attack with power then it would be a dangerous difference in military strength.

"To allow them to advance this far up to this place, what is Count Jaworski doing!?"

His ugly and fat body shakes in rage. The town of Glogow is at the western part of Castalll but it’s not really a town. The town has been changed into a fortress in order to withstand the multiple occurrences of uprising by the peasants in recent years. Focusing on its defensive capabilities, it acts as the place for accumulating and replenishing supplies to the vanguard squad which is supposed to be rampaging in north.

It seems that there have been sporadic reports from fools that came running and told of the vanguard unit being vanquished yesterday but they are all decapitated. They must have gone crazy from immense terror and ran from their squad, but they are just trash who were trying to smear the glorious name of Castalll with mud.

The next transportation of goods heading towards the town is a large amount of food, arrows, and horse feed. If by any chance the enemy manages to cause this town to fall, then everything will be taken. If that happens, his viscount standing will become uncertain.

"The enemy’s remaining military strength is only 500 plus and the likes of farmers! Move out and defeat them!"

The subordinate knights raise their spirit but it’s 500 against bigger number. The farmers will also be used as shields so it might become an even fight. There is no need to do anything risky in this situation, it’s fine if we just protect the town.

"Even if it’s impossible, just get out there and do something. Our role is the protection of the town and the transportation of the goods. Once the northern army gets out there, those guys still hanging out there will be kicked aside."

"For guys like them, just us will be enough!"

He knows that he wants to make achievements, but he can’t afford to suffer huge losses here. The enemy is not only invaders, it is also possible that there are people who want to cause a rebellion and will take advantage of this situation.

Well why not sleep with a woman, the viscount thinks. He took the women from the commoners and keep them as servants. He can rape them as he likes and they’ll either be killed or give birth and be sent back. It’s been awhile, so why don’t he plays with an older woman, he ponders.

"Enemy attack! The enemy is approaching the town walls!"

The screaming and crying woman is held down, and it is just about time when the deed is about to be done, but the lookout’s voice causes him to put his clothes on in a panic. The woman grabs her clothes and runs. That woman, tonight, he wants to squeeze her neck until she dies.

"What is going on? The enemy hasn’t left yet!?"

"That is, the soldiers left the farmers and they approached while shouting, throwing torches and pots of oil at us! It looks like they’re trying to break the gate with hammers too!"

"How dare they! Those filthy pieces of garbage!"

The gate is made of thick wood, but to withstand attacks from fire, water and mud has been put on the gate since yesterday so it won’t burn. The clustered troops are bathing in jeers, raising their spirit but their options are to either set it on fire or to use hammers to break a portion of the gate. The bulky gate won’t even budge an inch.

"How long are you going to let them do what they want! Shower them in arrows! Kill them all!」

Near the gate from on top of the wall, the arrows rain down in a scattered manner, screams start to be heard. That scene continues for some time but several people from the back who were running away started to collapse all at once, and they instantly started running away to the rear.

"Fuuun-! It’s because they got too cocky that this happened. Why don’t you just obediently go plow some fields or something!"

But then, an astonishing scene appeared. A squad that is believed to be the Count Jaworski's army surrounds the escaping farmers causing them to be stopped in place. They are probably observing them from the back, waiting for their opportunity while waiting for them to dig their own graves.

"The enemy is confused! As they are now we can defeat them!"

"It’s a chance that comes once every thousand years!"

"Please order us to move out!"

The knights are coming together all at once. It’s true that they look like they can be defeated right now. Their main force has moved during the night, so they must have gone quite far, they won’t be able to act as reinforcements. Also, more than anything it wouldn’t be bad to have the honour of being the first to take down invaders.

"Very well, I’ll allow you to move out. But don’t chase them too far!"

"Yessir!"

The knights feels disappointed for an instant, but only return to their own squad.

"Let me see how those guys meet their end."

The viscount goes out to the terrace while a woman is refilling his drink with alcohol and decides to watch the battle in which victory is promised.

2