Chapter 351: Lyla Returns
70 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While everyone, enemies and allies alike are still dumbfounded, Lyla lunges forward and cuts down two heavy infantry men consecutively.

By the time, the second man is killed, she is already in the middle of the enemy's rank. She rotates her body while swinging her sword 360 degrees. A dozen men are hit but only one falls down. 

"Hoi, be careful. That bitch is dangerous!" 

The heavy cavalry move towards her but Amber and her horse jump between them. 

Amber cuts the nearest foe. He falls from his horse. 

"Another bitch!"

Two men of the heavy cavalry attack Amber simultaneously but she skillfully dodges each of their attacks. She stabs one of them before maneuvering her steed around another one. A cavalry comes from behind and thrusts his sword but she dodges by bending down. 

She pierces her sword into the man before her and kicks her horse's side. Her steed moves away and slides past two more horses. She manages to cut down one of them. 

The one behind him tries to chase her but the horse's legs are obstructed by the fallen corpse and stumbles. 

Amber bends backwards and slashes the rider's neck when he is thrown from his horse. 

"Bitch!"

The remaining rider attacks her but she gracefully evades while raising her body and cuts his neck.

Oh, my God. I don't know that Amber girl is like a Valkyrie when riding a horse. 

Meanwhile, Lyla took the chance during chaos caused by Amber, to kill several more men of the heavy infantry.

The red army are still adjusting to what happened across the moat. For me, I am still keeping track of the enemy's cavalry.

The cavalry is larger than the defined size, with the depth of the moat they certainly would not be able to cross. Besides, if they aim for the parts of the fence that they can pass through to destroy, they can try to breakthrough in this manner as well. Did they see past that; the spearmen were also placed too much on one side.

With Lyla and Amber creating havoc within their ranks, their cavalry is forced to cease their advance for now.

The enemy steel spear cavalry rearranges into their battle lines, finally getting read to trample through the headquarters. The number looks to be 1000.

It’s hard to defeat the steel spear cavalry, who are wearing heavy equipment, with arrows or swords, but if it’s someone like Lyla and Amber, it won’t be much difference from breaking down a scarecrow.

"In any case we must drive them out. Rush into the enemy formation!" Brian Haddock shouts his command.

A typical looking knight turns his spear and approaches us, he thrusts quite skillfully. Zucca, the large dark elf guy grabs the spearhead and he opens his eyes in astonishment but Zucca doesn’t have to hold back. He grabs the spear and throws the knight and he lands on the spear of his ally.

The melee battle continues indefinitely with Lyla and Amber deeper within enemies rank, as expected you will be short of breath. Just charging towards the enemies in front of you, cutting them down, and crushing them. My men are cutting down the enemies, and the scene where enemies are slaughtered can be seen again.

After half an hour, an unbelievable spectacle unfolded on the battlefield. A girl in black clothing, smaller than all the men surrounding her, grasps the blade of a lighter sword and receives, wards off and repels the blows of large swords by the surrounding men. The girl, Lyla repels the men’s attacks one after the other. From time to time, one of the attacking men is hit by her and dies. 

Each time the large swords and her sword clash, sparks are sent flying and a high-pitched metallic sound reverberates to the surroundings. 

The large swords, which are repelled by Lyla, have their trajectory twisted and are hurled in a direction not intended by the men. Whenever they are off balance, Lyla quickly cuts the vulnerable parts of their bodies. That's how Lyla survives this long while killing many foes.

No matter how many men jump at her, no matter how much they bark at her, no matter how many swords swung at her, no matter how much strength they wield their large sword, the trajectories of Lyla’s slashes never become unstable.

With extreme accuracy she repels the men’s large swords and once in a while her blade reaches the their bodies.

Due to Lyla’s slashes gradually increasing in speed during the rally, the men’s expression are tinged with impatience.

I carefully observe my lover's battle, counting the number of men she kills. Upon half an hour, Lyla had killed over a hundred men of the heavy infantry.

“You lot! Confine this bitch!" A new order is made.

Lyla, who is utterly amazed, looks fleetingly at the heavy cavalry crowding around her.

Although it’s for an instant, the feet of the monsters stop due to the pressure in her gaze.

Although it’s only a small amount of time, this instant is more than enough for Lyla.

While displaying one rotation by turning around her body right there, the flash of unsheathing her longsword from the scabbard runs through the bodies of the men, who surround her, splits them apart in an instant and changes them into corpses.

Without even looking at the fifteen new corpses dropping on the ground, Lyla runs while aiming at the heavy infantry captain who is in the process of switching to escape.

The men, who stand in the way as they loyally execute their orders, are cut on the spot and spill their blood on the ground.

Even though the captain releases a slash in desperation in order to mow her down, it doesn’t reach Lyla’s body.

In the next instant when the captain thought he dodged it, Lyla’s figure stands right in front of the captain’s eyes.

The point of the longsword, which is held by Lyla, is piercing very deeply into the captain’s right thigh from right in front.

A groan rises from the captain’s throat due to the delayed pain.

Lyla, who turns around the longsword with a grinding sound as if wrenching open that wound, extracts the sword from the thigh after spending plenty of time to enlarge the wound.

Spilling the blood which follows the pulled out katana, the captain reflexively drops his large sword and goes down on his knees, but Lyla sends a flying kick at the collar of the demon, who has lowered his body due to him falling to his knees, and makes his body topple to the ground.

Once Lyla points at him while sighing, the captain sidles up to his own weapon while trying to crawl.

Lyla, who goes ahead before the captain can grab the hilt of his weapon with his hand, sends the large sword flying by kicking it into a distance where the hands of the captain won’t reach.

While bullying the captain, she cuts down all the men who keep coming at her.

The captain isn’t able to stand up even if he tries to do so, but somehow he advances by struggling on the ground to get away from her.

LYLA looks at that appearance with a cold gaze, however before long she slowly follows him while carrying the drawn sword in her hand.

Rather than the captain, who is crawling on the ground, the speed of Lyla, who is walking normally, is naturally faster.

Lyla, who catches up right away, casually raises the aword overhead.

In response to that, the captain raises his left arm and protects his head.

The black iron armour has certainly suffered deep cuts from Lyla’s slashes, but there still isn’t a place where it has been cut apart.

The captain thought that it was something that will be able to protect him plentifully.

He swings down the katana quietly and soundlessly.

It wasn’t a fast sword attack, but it was a very calm hit that caused a somewhat painful reaction.

The captain, who watches that in a daze, isn’t able to do anything but simply stare as the left arm, which is severed from the area around the elbow together with the black iron armour, drops without being able to say anything after several seconds since the her sword passed through.

Lyla looks down on the demon who begin to writhe in the attacking pain while he suppresses the blood, which spouts out from the cut off elbow, with his right hand.

Her look is ice cold and her thick thirst for blood is spreading to the surroundings.

Lyla, who looks at that captain’s state with a sullen expression, once more swings her sword at the area around the left leg’s knee in a casual manner.

The black iron armour, which catches Lyla’s slashes, albeit only somehow, until now, is unbelievably torn to pieces and the captain’s left foot is completely cut off from the knee.

The captain tries to get away from Lyla with his remaining limbs with the help dozen of his underlings who are being cut down by Lyla.

The blood, which flows out from the wounds at the limbs which are cut off, has quite the force and quantity.

Lyla, gets close to the struggling captain after picking up his large sword she kicks away himself, traps his foot with her body and turns him over so that he is lying face down.

Her aim is the border between hips and torso which are the moveable parts.

Once she stabs that part with all her strength while holding the captain’s large sword in a backhand grip, the large sword penetrates the demon’s body from a gap in the armour and and affixes his body to the ground.

The scream of the captain echoes throughout the battlefield. 

More men jump at her but she skillfully cuts them down one by one.

1