Chapter 355 : The King Survives
59 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Huh..huh...How many did we kill?" Brian Haddock is not fighting while kneeling.

"Huh..huh...I lost count." 

It’s hard to keep count while fighting. I retaliate while grabbing hold onto the spear that stabbed me in the side but I couldn’t pull it out, and my body has been pierced with several arrows. My right leg has been slashed and I can’t move it as I want.

"1,023.. It's accurate, including the ones the King killed before we arrived."

The only one standing properly is Riheet Tirvac but his legs are shaking. 

I lament, "Damn. I thought there were only 1,000.."

"No..look there...they sent more reinforcement after that. Could be over 100 more." Brian Haddock answers while strangling an enemy who he brought down. 

If  they all come attack us at once then we won’t be able to block it all, but there is no use worrying about that. The area surrounding the gate already has corpses piled up to my waist; it’s becoming a place that is quite hard to run through.

"Um…! Us too!"

Behind me, the residents of the town are gathering. At first, I thought that I was going to get stabbed from the back or something, but seeing that if the enemies got in they would also get killed, they wanted to cooperate with me.

But I refuse them. There is nothing they can do. If I pull back and have them protect the front of the gate, then it would be easily broken through.

To stop a 1200 trained soldiers, you need to do so in a tight space. If they get out and spread in a wide space then there is nothing you can do.

I call over the leader, Nojico who is holding a stick and looks like she is about to cry.

"You don’t have to worry, so go back home and sleep. When my wounds heal I’ll pay you a visit at night."

While not missing the chance to flirt, I turn to face the enemy soldiers coming at me.

"Not being able to move my leg is inconvenient!"

I grab my sword and let him pierce his own throat on it, continuing with the second and third person, I slash them away. Most of the enemies were killed by me. 

"Er…1032... was it? There are still so many."

When I look up, the sun is about to rise. If I am to look at it from above the town walls, it would be quite beautiful without a doubt.

***

Plain at the east of Glogow. 

During the evacuation process towards Torun, the reconnaissance team informed of 300 cavalry coming to block the Red Army's path. Luckily, there are over 600 able soldiers ready to fight, led by Azal, Zucca, Leonhardt Strauch, Albert Hyuutia and Noir Virginia. They were forced to take Amber with them, otherwise she will go to the dangerous place the King was protecting.

The night battle initially pushed the Red Army back because of the effectiveness of the surprise attack, but then, it was developing in Red Army's favour. The enemies, along with Red Army, were exhausted after the battle during the daytime, so the difference between Red army, which had rested a little bit, and the enemy who had to prepare for the continuing night attack, was showing.

Clearly, the enemy soldiers were out of breath due to the fatigue. But this should not be out of their expectations, the enemy hoped to burn the town and had the main attackers charge Red Army from behind.

With the town burning, the confused mass of soldiers would be rushed by the cavalry. It should be enough impact to finish things off.

However, this enemy's detour team of 300 cavalry was routed by 600 Red Army men before their main attackers could burn the town.

The leaders of 600 men felt weird. Not only the main attackers didn't come but nothing happened to the town yet. If the town has fallen, then they would at least burn a torch and fly the Castall flag on the town walls.

The main attackers were 1,200 full-fledged warriors. It’s not something that three men could hope to stop. With the time that they bought for the Red Army, the 600 enforcement men were rapidly closing in on the enemies.

Surely the King can’t be saved. That’s natural, if they could survive by themselves against 1,200 soldiers, then that would make him the reincarnation of the god of battle or the demon king. His sacrifice will not be in vain. If the Red Army can crush the enemy main forces first then the enemies won’t be able to burn the town and the victor will be determined.

They had decided to go from the right wing. "Concentrate your arrows!"

" They should all be flaming arrows. Burn the enemies while lighting the place up."

"Quickly! If I don’t go quickly he’ll die! His Majesty will die!"

The battle continues, Amber’s sorrowful screams ring through the night sky.

***

The 600 men reinforcements have arrived. They first find hundreds of villagers lining near the blockade.

They are holding various tools for fighting but they don't look like people who have actually participated in battle.

In front of the town walls, a pile of corpses made up of Castall warriors was stacked where the gate is located.

There were barely, anyone left if the enemies. They should have been occupying the inside of the town at this juncture, but they there is no one inside and outside the town.

"They have still not been let into the town…and that means he is still alive!"

Without even giving a glance at the scene before her, Amber rushes to the gate. All around the gate there are countless corpses piling up, such that it blocks the vision of anything beyond them. Her horse  has also lost its balance and fallen over.

As if it doesn’t hurt when she falls off her horse, she crawls over the mountain of corpses and enters the town.

She finds a woman hugging a man whose head is on her lap. The woman, Nojico is crying.

That man is the King, the one Amber has been looking for. 

While lying on the ground, his hand is gripping a sword. 

Fearing the worst, she rushes over to him but he suddenly rubs Amber’s ass when she comes to hug him.

"You’re becoming more like a woman…maybe it’s about time I take your virginity."

"Idiot...hic...hic...Saying something like that at a time like this… I’ve always been ready…"

While still hugging and enjoying the soft sensation of the two sobbing girls, Hiro is gradually loosing his consciousness.

1