Chapter 369 : Cute Necromancer
75 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Field near an abandoned village between west and south Castall.

Seven men of varying statures are sitting on the ground. They are half-heartedly observing supposed to be spooky and creepy happening before them. 

They grew up from knight families under Hyuutia but the event before them should be too mystifying even for hard boiled men like them. 

However, as they have been assigned as Hanabi's bodyguard since 6 months ago, they repeatedly saw her experiments. 

At first, she resurrected human cadavers into walking corpses. The problem with such creatures is their bad stench is unbearable and it could be smelt by enemies from afar. As the corpses didn't eat, they became weaker. 

Recently, Hanabi successfully developed a new technique to summon skeletons from the same cadavers. 

Although skeletons are basically weaker and slower than walking corpses, their physical abilities don't deteriorate without eating. Skeletons are also easily hidden as they have no stench. 

Like walking corpses, skeletons don't bite and have limited movement patterns.

Another drawback is the skeletons don't move without her sight and wish. 

Like artificial intelligence beings, they could fight with melee weapons and block attacks without Hanabi specifically controlling each of them.

They nevertheless can't be used for farming as they only react aggressively against humans bloodlust. 

Last week, Hanabi and her bodyguards were called to utilize over 15,000 corpses.

"Look! Look! Another five."

The youngest member points at her, waking up the rest. 

Black aura that has been enveloping five lying corpses finally recedes.

The ones left are complete bones. The skeletons look fresh. In some places there are  pink sheens where fleshes have been newly and inexpertly removed. There are tool marks gauged into recently living bones and round holes in the skulls. At the rear of some of the heads are cleaved open with sharp blades and they are now hollow. The femurs had been sliced and the marrow removed. The detectives pallor become even more ghostly and they make  hasty crosses over their chest.

The created beings rise with the clothings and armours from when they were alive. They stand up.

As the skeletons walk there are sounds of bones hitting asphalt. As a dark cloud shifts a shaft of moonlight hits the figures reflecting only a yellowed white.

Skeletons, just as tall as the ones lining up on the field but these ones move as smoothly as well conditioned knights. Their heads swivel as if surveying the scene with their coal black sockets and hearing with just the ghost of their ears. Hanabi's bodyguards shift their weight to their back foot and stand up. The skinless arms point in the opposite of their direction and even though enveloped by darkness of the night, they hear the gnashing of teeth and the quickening of the skeletons' stride. When they look again , not only five skeletons but thousands more closing in on their location in a coordinated formation.

Between the marching skeletons, a young woman of average height is standing while holding two torch lights. She is most probably the only surviving necromancer in this universe. 

This young lady, Hanabi  is a snow white skinned woman with black hair styled in a long loose ponytail that almost reaches her knees. She also has a bang that frames her face from the middle to the left side.

Her pupils are uniquely silver coloured and large. 

She wears a purple long robe with wide sleeves, and sash wrapping her slender waist. Her long skirt that reaches her knees is loose at the lower part. Such clothing is totally unknown in Thedas continent. 

Her loose clothing could not hide her voluptuous breasts.

Her extraordinarily long ponytail is waving as she strides along the inhuman soldiers. 

While the view is freaky, the men are still enjoying the sight of a rare beauty in a freak show. The knights accompanying her have subconsciously  developed a weird fetish.

"Lady Hanabi!" They call her.

She gracefully walks to the men.

"I have reached my limit today. But we need to finish the remaining corpses by the next two days. Otherwise, those dead bodies become even more rotten and inconvenient for you to carry."

Hearing that, the men's faces turn pale, when imagining the days ahead of them. After all, they will be the ones pulling the corpses to the field for Hanabi.

2