Chapter 396 : Tihany Town
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Hiro's Point of View)

Tihany, a small town in central Castall. 

Three days ago, we successfully defended against a Castall attack. They attacked with nearly 200 men while we defended with 150 men. Well, there were actually four women within us - Brita, Gheyna, Elora and Suzy. Suzy and Gheyna were archers and they caused the enemies a lot of trouble. Despite not being at her best due to fighting not under a full moon, Brita as a werewolf still possesses a good physical ability. I, myself, have permanently taken 30% of Lyla's ability. Thus, I could defeat the above average knights. 

Meanwhile, Cass Brankovic had placed two reconnaissance teams hidden at two separate places to protect the ten villages and this small town, Tihany. 

One scouting team is led by Hanabi the kunoichi and Tina the assassin while another reconnaissance team is led by Mirai the kunoichi and Reina the thief. They would send messages if there is suspicious movement from the enemies.

They could send an immediate message via amulets made by the telepathic necromancer, Hanabi.

Actually there was another reconnaissance team led by Elora the dalish beast master. Unfortunately, they engaged the enemies when they went too far. 

Although they managed to kill most of the enemies, several of her men were killed and Elora herself was wounded. 

She had since been recuperating in the building before us. 

I walked with Gheyna and Suzy.

After we proceed for a while, the inn, where Elora is recuperating, comes into sight. The inn itself was made out of wood with the first floor being reserved for the dining hall and the second floor housing the guests.

“Hmm?” My nostrils twitch. A fragrant scent has blown over to us.

“Girls, let’s use the opportunity of the sick visit to grab a meal here.”

“Then I’ll wait outsid――”

“It’s my treat.”

“…I shall gratefully take ye up on your kind offer.” Suzy agrees.

“Welco―― Ah, Suzy?”

Once we enter the inn and go inside, the woman behind the counter calls out to is with her eyes sparkling happily. But as soon as she realizes that it is Suzy who has come in, she slumps her shoulders in dejection. Suzy..what did you do?

She wears her long, dark brown hair up, and although her eyes tend to droop, her gaze is sharp. Although not as beautiful as the likes of Suzy, she is actually good looking, at the level as Brita. Any man preferring voluptuous figures might have their eyes drawn by her bountiful chest. Her name is Shaela. She is the landlady of this inn and diner.

As she has apparently lost her husband to a war  last year, she is nowadays running the business by herself.

“Shaela, that’s no proper attitude, is it?” Suzy teases the older girl.

“Back at you. Could you stop calling me by name and instead call me landlady?” Shaela snarls.

“Sorry, my bad, landlady. So, what about your attitude?”

“Look, even I would welcome it a lot if you could eat something here. You only drink cheap liquor and last night you didn't pay." Shaela puffs up her cheeks, sulking.

Suzy scratches her head while smiling innocently.

You didn't pay, you slutty girl!

"Forgive us for her attitude. We’re here as customers today. I will pay for her debt."

Surprised at my interruption, slightly bows her head.

"Dear sir. I have never seen you around here. Are you.... Suzy's acquittance?"

We sit on the chairs at the long table separating us from Shaela.

I put ten gold coins on the table.

"Is it enough?"

She gawks for a while before finally calm herself.

"Si..sir..this is too much. Her debt is only 10 bronze coins."

"That's fine, isn't it. Since you take care of Elora for free, these are also for you "

I put 40 gold coins on top of the 10 gold coins.

"Milord. I could not possibly accept these. I have never even seen such amount of gold coins in my entire life." 

"Nah. Just accept. I give to you because you are beautiful. By the way, my name is Hiro." I speak the truth though.

She blushes while Gheyna sighs and Suzy grins.

She earnestly bows.

"I can never repay your good deed, Lord Hiro!'

I give you to her to relax.

"Although my diner is nothing, I will give you the most expensive available.."

"No, thanks. I don't drink alcohol."

"Then, just give me!" Suzy raises her hand excitedly.

"No. Gives all us anything non alcoholic." I interrupt.

Suzy becomes dejected while the landlady rushes to prepare drinks.

“What do you have to offer?”

“Just veggie scrap soup and bread with lots of additions.”

“Then give us that.”

The landlady tosses firewood into a stove ― a big box ― behind her, and ignites it.

“How are things going for you?”

“As you can see for yourself.” Shaela turns around to us, bends herself over the counter, and rattles down without a pause, “When my husband was still alive, business was going well. But, for the last few years it’s always been taxes here, taxes there, so I don’t even know what I’m toiling away for. Sheesh, Count Erakis is really worthless scum. He makes us pay taxes like no tomorrow! Then, your army came to save our small town. Anyway, how are things on your side, milord?”

"What do you mean?” Gheyna asks.

“How is Castall moving these days? Are they going to attack us again?”

“Err…”

Gheyna, the dalish girl looks at me, asking me with her eyes what she should answer.

“We haven’t heard any detailed information, but I think it’s unlikely that they’re going to attack again.”

“That’s how it is. This man is our top leader of entire army." Suzy says proudly.

Shaela looks as if she couldn’t believe a word of it.

“Indeed.” Gheyna nods.

“I guess one shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. On a closer look, he does have a handsome face.” The landlady leans over the counter even further.

My stocks with her have shot up further within mere minutes. 

She doesn't know that I am actually the the King.

“Umm, what about our meals?” I interject before she could push her pretty face closer to mine.

“Acting so bashful is really adorable. The dishes are going to be a bit longer. How about you finish your sick visit in the meantime?”

“Okay, I’ll take you up on that.”

We grab the souvenirs and stand up, heading for the second floor ― towards the room where Elora is sleeping. 

***

2