Chapter 411 : Horde of Trolls
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wooden houses in Enoch village line up in rows. Houses lined up in every row are very close to each other  Between each row, there is a wide lane for a carriage pulled by horses to move along it. 

Now, the villagers tear hell for leather out of their dwellings and hurtle along the snicket. At one point of the pathway, four lanes meet and form a junction. The villagers from three lanes crush against one another but rise and make a break for  the cathedral via the northern path from the junction.

Tina who dashes from the riverside reaches the western part of the junction. Hiro comes from the southern side. Farnese is already past the junction. Their sight meets one another. 

"Hiro!"

"Farnese!"

"Tina!"

As they stop, villagers try to evade them, although some of them fall after crushing against the big Hiro, but get the move on.

"We should make a run to the church!" He urges the two girls. 

"Hiro! Girls!" Brita just reaches the junction when we have just passed it. 

"Follow us!" Hiro shouts and Brita dashes after them. Tina is the faster runner and Brita is behind her. The heavy Hiro runs even further behind.

"Kyaa!"

Suddenly, they hear a scream of women.

They turn around. 

At the junction, three women stumble to the ground. There is a small girl with them.

Other villagers are too helpless to turn back. 

"Damn!"

The other three adventurers stop as Brita runs back to the junction.

Two trolls reach the stumbled women and are about to hit them with makeshift hammers made out of crude bones. 

"Arggg!"

Brita swings her mace, crushing the trolls consecutively. 

"Flee!" She orders the women.

"Thank you!" They lift up one another and one of them even carries the small girl. They bow towards Brita and flee.

Farnese shouts, "Brita, above!"

Brita looks upward. There is a troll on the roof and about to jump at her. 

"Pom!"

Its head is hit and explodes. 

"Thanks, Farnese." Farnese shoots it with her summoned automatic shotgun. 

"Girls, flee!" Hiro shouts as all villagers have left the area, leaving the four with the advancing horde of trolls.

While running, Brita says, "We have face over 50 of them before. But this number..."

Hiro replies while running,

"This horde must be at least several hundreds and I am not surprised if it even reaches a thousand!"

As they are fleeing in panic, they don't realize that the slow legged Farnese is further lagging behind.

"Pom!"

"Pom!"

"Pom!"

"Pom!"

"No use. It's too many of them!"

Hearing Farnese's voice, they look back. 

With her automatic shotgun, "Liberator", Farnese had killed over a dozen trolls but that made her further lagging.

As the horde becomes nearer, Farnese struggles and loses her footing.

"Farnese!"

The trolls are already a meter away from her. She tries to stand up but it's too late.

"Damn it!"

Brita jumps over Farnese and makes a wide swing of her mace at full strength. 

"Aaaaarggg!!"

In one swing, ten trolls are crushed. 

"Argggg!"

I reach them and carry Farnese on my back. 

"Flee!"

I scoot that spot.

Brita makes another swing with all her might. Another nine trolls are crushed. 

"Pom!"

"Pom!

While being carried away by Hiro, Farnese shoots with her shotgun, killing several more trolls to help Brita escape from the horde's encirclement.

Brita kills two trolls that are blocking her way and dashes northward. 

Noticing several barrels on the side, Tina stops and kicks the barrels towards the pursuing trolls. Brita jumps to dodge those rolling barrels. 

The four barrels roll and hit the horde, disrupting their chase.

"I only have three left from Kurotsuchi!"

Tina throws three small balls at the trolls that are tumbling because of the barrels. 

She flees behind the other three. 

"Kaboom!"

Three explosions erupt at the horde.

"Several dozen of those things should be killed by the bombs!"

Tina yells while running.

***

1