Chapter 413 : Arcana of Dryad
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The giant troll picks up another plank and throws it like a javelin at the basilica. 

Two planks are now stabbed into the upper walls of the basilica, one of which is just beneath Selene's.

When the villagers are in dread, the individuals step up beyond the piazza - a muscular man, the female knight who had killed dozens of trolls and a red haired girl with a mace who herself had killed a number of the same monsters.

"Look. The man and the girls!"

"Impossible. They will be flattened!"

The villagers wail in disbelief.

"Woaaar!" It roars.

"Yaaaaa!" The nest-like haired girl yells.

The giant punches at the trio but is countered by the girl's mace and its fist is knocked away.

The female knight strikes its left leg. Blood sprays everywhere.

As its punch was futile, it picks up another plank and hurls at the man.

He dodges it and the plank crashes against a group of trolls behind him.

"Unbelievable!"

"What the hell are those people!" 

The villagers are becoming more agitated.

"I know they were unusual, but not to this extent." Suzy mutters at tge rooftop while everyone else are dumbstruck.

"Brita, now!"

Ordered by the man, the girl with messy hair, Brita dashes towards it but out of sudden two large balls hit her. She is repelled away, rolls on the ground but quickly rises.

"Water?" She yells. Thw balls were water shot at her from distance.

All eyes are now tracing the direction the balls came from.

A horse walks along a lane towards the piazza. 

It resembles a horse but it is weirdly hairless. Part of its body is purple and part of it is green. The green part is covered by scales like a crocodile.

"What is that? It's not a horse!"

"It looks like a monster!"

The villagers are becoming more restless as a new foe appears.

"That's a kelpie! What's it doing here?" Selene yells.

"Kelpie? The thing that drowns travelers into river?" A villager replies from the ground. 

Most of them are already lurking outside the cathedral.

Several large water balls are floating around the kelpie as if ready to be shot away.

"Hiro, the balls!" The female knight warns the man called Hiro.

Two more water balls shot away, one dodged by Hiro and another water ball kills a troll.

"This thing kills everything in its way?" Hiro bellows.

"Damn. Guys. I cover you with my arrows. I am not a good shooter but I will disrupt that kelpie!" Suzy cries out.

Looking back at their ally at the rooftop, the trio then looks at each other, nodding.

"Lyla, you get the kelpie with Suzy's help. I am with Brita."

As the man, Hiro ordered, Lyla walks towards the horse monster while Hiro and Brita faces the giant.

Upon scrutinizing the kelpie from close range, its head resembles a frog. An arrow shot by Suzy pierces it side.

"Yiiii!" 

Several more water balls form around it and two are shot away but Lyla swiftly dodges them. 

The giant punches again but is hit away by Brita's mace and Hiro cuts its feet. 

It kicks but he rolls to the side to dodge it before cutting the other leg. The giant is still standing but its legs are bleeding.

Its attention is diverted and Brita takes the chance to leap high reaching its chest. 

"Yaaaaa!"

She hammers its neck vertically by rotating her body in mid-air.

The giant crashes to the ground.

Blood splashes everywhere and the trolls bite it.

The giant furiously sweeps away the trolls. It catches a troll and hurls it at the cathedral but the thrown troll disappears before it reaches the villagers due to the magical shield.

Lyla manages to land slashes at the kelpie with Suzy's distracting arrows but its wounds seem to be recovering.

Meanwhile, the giant rises. 

"Oi. Oi. It doesn't seem to be hurt."

Hiro laments.

Suddenly, the air changes.

A silhouette appears at the piazza between kelpie and giant. All eyes turn to that figure who is floating in the air.

The body belongs to an almost unclad woman. 

"Hamadryad!"

"Lady Hamadryad!"

The adventurers recognize the floating woman. 

"Long time no see, your majesty. I have been helping the elven maiden just now."

At the cathedral, Morgan runs from the crowd to the cloister. 

"Lady forest deity! I will finally meet you after many years!" He sobs.

Hamadryad turns at Morgan.

"You were that child from before."

"Yes. Thank you for saving my mother...your medicine. Although she is long dead now...you still look the same as when I was a kid."

Hamadryad only smiles.

"I am glad that I could meet for one last time before I die of old age." Morgan says while weeping.

"I am also glad I could finally meet you."

She gives a sweat beam to Morgan before turning to the two foes.

"These trolls are the strongest of low tier demons but they are numerous. The giant troll is a mid tier demon. The kelpie is also a mid-tier demon that is more powerful than the giant troll. Those things are independent of each other, and appear here...must be the work of a higher demon. Could be a high tiered demon." Hamadryad elucidates.

"Someone like Desire?" Hiro asks.

"A demon less powerful than her but higher than these before you." She replies.

Hamadryad now floats even higher and her voice echoes to the entire village.

"I am kindred of forest. I am the spirit that flows within the trees. In accordance to ancient covenant. I purify the evil spirits that have souled the land. I order the undines. Wash into the underworld's dark depths, the evils that plagued the land. Gather, my kindred. Gather...surge...flow.."

From the rooftop, they see the water from the river suddenly rising, flooding the land. 

"The water is flooded. It is heading this way!" Suzy shouts.

Brita, Lyla and Hiro climb onto the roof of a wooden house.

The water floods the piazza but doesn't reach the cloister as if there is an invisible wall between the cloister and the piazza. 

The trolls are washed away. The water even envelopes the kelpie as if strangling it to death. 

The giant troll is flushed away but its hand grabs a house and holds on to it. 

Lyla runs to the edge of the roof and dismembers that hand with a swing of her sword.

The giant shares the same fate as the kelpie.

The shield seems becoming smaller as the flooding water gradually reaches the cloister and then towards the basilica.

"Oi. Get into the cathedral!"

The villagers climb into the building. 

As the water reaches the slope near the building, everyone is already inside. 

The cathedral is built on a high ground and thus, is unaffected by the flood. 

One of the smaller houses is being washed away and hit the wall of the cathedral.

The building trembles greatly once. But that is enough for Suzy and Farnese who are standing at the edge of the rooftop to fall on the washed away house roof.

They manage to push Selene away from the edge.

However, Suzy and Farnese are brought away by the washed away house. 

"Suzy! Farnese!"

***

2