Chapter 459 : Clarice de Dousy
56 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had become a very famous person in the university since the event 2 days ago. During the spat between Gretel and the Prince Sullivan he was about to hit the girl but I stopped him. Then, I directed a sarcastic remark at him. Although I didn't hit him physically, my harsh words to him in public must be an insult to him. Since then, the students had been avoiding me.

Today, a group of teenagers, most probably students barged into my working room in the university.

Leading them was a sexy looking girl. She had soft, bulky orange hair that was tied up behind her neck and hung on her right shoulder.

she looked stylish since She had a slender, well-proportioned figure and a tall, model-like height.

A teenage boy introduced her,

"You. Give milady respect. She is the heiress of House of Doucy. Her father is Margrave Lothair de Doucy."

So, her father was like Montbelliard, Jilk's and Gretel's father. 

Having said that, she didn't dress up like a high noble daughter. She reminded me of slut and female thugs in my previous world.

A large portion of her cleavage was visible from an opened section of her shirt.

She wore her uniform in a casual fashion and adorned herself with a scrunchie, decisions akin to those of a delinquent. 

"I am Clarice de Doucy, Jilk's former fiancee. Our engagement was broken off 2 days ago by him."

"What it has to do with someone like me?" I asked nonchalantly while still sitting which annoyed her followers.

Clarice shouted furiously, who was able to guess what happened.

"Yeah, that’s right! That idiot had thrown me away, and now I’ll make him suffer through even more bitter experiences from now on. ──I will never forgive him!”

It was frightening seeing a beauty like Clarice getting into a fit of rage.

Despite not being on the battlefield, she had a bloodcurdling aura.

"A beautiful woman’s rage is really intense, isn’t it.”

Suddenly, Gretel walked into the room. She probably heard Clarice's voice.

She looked at her and me, nodding. Immediately after I stopped her from being humiliated in public, Gretel briefly thanked me. She hadn't met me since then.

She stepped forward to face Clarice.

"I’d prefer if you kept quiet in the teacher's office. Also Clarice, I understand your feelings, but what you wanted to do to Jilk?"

In response to Gretel’s glare, Clarice took a step back while smiling. It was all the more frightening when seeing Clarice like that with her disheveled hair.

"Don’t be so smug. I went this far because you weren’t able to keep a tight rein on his Highness. It infuriated me when I hadn’t done anything, and yet was casted away like you were. I constantly felt like screaming.”

A furrow appeared between Gretel’s eyebrows.

I heard she was quite short-tempered.

She would instantly react when agitated.

"So what? Were you planning on being the heroine of some kind of drama play? It was quite flashy of you to go as far as to bring along your followers. I can see now that your graceful self from before was just a ruse.”

“──! W, what do you know?!”

When the two seemed like they were about to claw at each other, Clarice’s followers intervened.

"I’m going to get my revenge on Jilk from now on. He’ll be crying and begging for forgiveness. I will never forgive him, though!”

It seemed she really was angry.

Clarice’s eyes to become bloodshot, and she then glared at her.

"Anyway. You.." Clarice pointed at me with a delinquent gesture. She was very cute though.

"I want you to help me to avenge me. We are in the same boat after all."

Clarice said that while glancing sarcastically at Gretel.

"I will consider." Although it's a good chance to link up with top families, I had to hold back. 

Clarice left while chuckling.

"I shall wait for your words."

After a while, Gretel wanted to say something to me but she stopped when realizing a guy who was Clarice's follower remained in front of me.

She left.

"Please forgive milady for her actions. She was not like that before."

He then cleared his throat and talked to me about Clarice’s and his own circumstances.

“My family consists of nobles from the lowest seats of the royal court. Without our court rank, I wouldn’t be the heir to anything.”

The upperclassman was someone from the regular class who was one of Clarice’s followers.

It seemed that he was indebted to her.

“My lady is also kind to me. She recognized my talent in swordsmanship and supported me. It’s thanks to her that I’ll likely get ahead in employment after graduation.”

The upperclassman placed his hand gently on his sheathed sword, seeming happy, yet sad.

“She’s a kind person. We admire her. The other girls are cruel, and I’ve heard complaints coming from the followers of other ladies, making us glad that we’re with her.”

I remained silent, and the guy spoke about his past.

"My lady’s household has a sword training place. I could use it freely, so I didn’t have any problems with practicing. That Jilk guy also used that spot before their engagement was even decided. The lady prepared a coach for him, and even gifted him a heirloom sword. She supported him with a smile. It was pleasant, but frustrating at the same time. And yet, that Jilk brat swiftly told her one day that he would break up their engagement. Even when my lady tried to see him in order to persuade him otherwise, he absolutely would not meet her.”

I couldn’t help but get angry.

It was justified to beat up Jilk for it.

It was this kind of idolization that made Clarice so popular.

The guy then spoke to me about Clarice’s changes.

“I hope that you don’t think badly of my lady. She has changed since several days ago. She owns slaves and goes wild with them all night. She was not that kind of person in the past.”

Owning slaves and doing it all night? 

"Mister. I am glad milady could meet such a good man like you."

He then slightly bowed and left. What a good guy.

After he left, Myla entered.

She sarcastically scolded me,

"I pity him. He doesn't know that you are already broken beyond repair."

I grinned while Myla sighed.

1