Chapter 471 : Edstrom Ollson
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Northeast of Orlais. Outside Patena.

These twenty knights were working with House of Artois, a Baron house of the Montfort faction. The twenty men were led by none other than the third son of Baron Artois. Knowing suspicious movements at night just outside of their demesne, thirty highly trained men patrolled the area in complete equipment in expectation of full-blown battle. Ten men had gone there earlier.

When the remaining men with the leader arrived, they saw corpses of the earlier men lying on the ground. 

"Cut by blades." Several men inspected the bodies.

"Who did these?"

The men pointed their torches to all directions within the darkness of the night.

"What's that sounds?"

The leader, Theo Artois captured the sound of metals hitting each other with his keen ears. 

The men immediately stood up and pointed their blades towards the incoming enemies.

There were four men with swords and fierce faces, who looked more like bandits than knights. However, the metal hitting sounds didn't come from the men's bodies.

A shining figure walked from the four's back. The sounds came from that single body. It was a much shorter and slimmer figure with long hair. 

"A woman?"

His subordinates commented in disbelief while Theo furrowing his eyebrows.

Her figure was shining, reflecting the light from the moon due to her silky clothing. The olive skinned young woman dressed lightly in thin silk. It was a black attire but was reflecting the various lights. 

Having said that, her upper body was fully exposed except her two considerably sizable breasts that were covered by a thin layer of silk. Her hands were covered by black silky gloves that stretched up to her arms. 

Although she wore a long black skirt, it was a M-slit thigh skirt that showed off the entirety of her sexy thighs every time she strode. 

Not only that, the cut was so loose that ones could view her see through underwear.

There were small gold bells hanging from the bottom of that long skirt. 

She had numerous golden bangles on her wrists and ankles that sounded every time she moved.

Her long straight hair was coal coloured and was neatly hanging behind her bare back in a ponytail. 

The asymmetrical fish-tail braiding and dual-greyish balayage are beautifully executed in this impressive, extra-long ponytail.

She looked totally out-of-place. She seemed like a dancer who didn't belong to the battlefield but Theo's instinct detected a dangerous presence from her.

He immediately warned his men,

"Be careful. That woman is dangerous!"

Smiling, she introduced herself,

"My name is Edstrom. A pirate."

"What's a pirate doing here?" Theo stalked towards that woman.

She chuckled, "I am hired by the Coterel."

He noticed many small sheaths at her slim waist. There were daggers in those sheaths.

"Look. Her blades are floating!"

 Her daggers left their sheaths on their own, in accordance with her fighting spirit. All she had to do was focus on defense, while the five other blades launched attacks on their own.

Theo was knowledgeable about magic and he knew magic could control objects and make them attack. 

Two men jumped at the enemies but the four bandits did nothing. Instead the floating weapons rotated in air as if dancing before cutting them. Two men were killed just like that. 

Theo and the remaining seventeen subordinates gawked.

Weapons moved in accordance with their masters’ will. However, when their master was involved in a fight for their life, it was very difficult to order a weapon that one was not holding and which was in a completely different location to attack an opponent, unless there was a tremendous difference in fighting strength. Therefore, most floating weapons could only make simple motions.

However, that was not the case for the woman in front of them.

She could easily and naturally manipulate her weapons as though they were being held by an invisible warrior — one whose skills were equivalent to hers. The reason for this was due to the unique makeup of her brain. This was because she had been born with a pair of natural abilities.

The first was an excellent sense of spatial awareness — bordering on the preternatural.

And then — some people could have their right hands act with complete independence from their left hands without training. However, her ability in that field was greater than that; her mind was gifted with an unnatural flexibility. That was her second ability.

It would not be unusual for someone to describe her as having two brains. This was her ability.

If she had only one of those abilities, she would not have been able to control her swords as freely as she did. However, these two abilities were united within her. One could call it a miracle.

In all likelihood, there was nobody else within the continent million souls who had the same abilities as her.

She then voiced up her command,

"Seventeen knights are too much even for me. Your four, fight with me!"

The four men attacked while a dozen daggers flew at Theo and his men.

Two men were immediately killed and the daggers sliced through the air towards Theo.

1