Chapter 517: Guiscard army
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Myla bent down and trembling. Her shield and sword fell to the ground.

"Myla.." 

I grabbed her trembling hand and sifted her skin.

Her palms and arms were swelling. Could it because of duelling that giant guy?

"Uh.. your majesty. Forgive me. I could no longer fight today. But.... don't worry. I could still ride my horse."

"Hey, escort. Pick up Myla's sword and shield. And you...protect her!"  I commanded Myla's 3 escorts.

"Yes, your majesty!"

Our troops resumed their engagement with the enemy.

"We’re going to find the commander?"

Leonheardt reached my side. He looked around and suggested,

"If this is a category of an independent cavalry unit then the headquarters should be to the rear of the right wing of the stronghold, around there."

Now that I looked, the fancily-dressed cavalry I saw in Milbech were lined up there.

That must be it.

"The heavy cavalry protecting the headquarters had to come intercept us. They should be close to unprotected now!"

"If so, we must hurry. Come on."

We rushed toward the place thought to be headquarters.

Those fancily-dressed soldiers panic. It was just as I was advised, and their escorts seem to be all gone.

"Hey."

I gave a little greeting before decapitating one of them, making the rest of the enemies stared dumbfoundedly.

"They’ve reached the headquarters!"

"Eei, the 100 men of the fourth company couldn’t stop them!"

They made a fuss as they took out their swords, however I could tell from their equipment that they probably didn’t expect to have to fight.

I guess that went without saying for people in headquarters.

"Guwah!"

"Gueh!"

Malty, Mirai, Irijina and I cut down the headquarters personnel like vegetables.

"How fortunate. Truly." That voice sounded familiar. A girly voice.

However, the knight behind me was a man. Wait a minute. The knight was covered by something like a hoodie, that I couldn't see the person's body and face.

The knight took another sword from the enemy and was wielding it along with his own.

Was such a guy always in the escort squad?

His fighting style seemed familiar.

All the personnel had either been killed or ran away, leaving one person behind.

"So are you the commander?"

"Indeed...... I am Orlais-Fanoss Union Eighth Army Corps Commander, Manu."

The man drew his sword.

I drew my sword in response.

Mirai and the others read the atmosphere and stay back.

"Here I come."

The man charged forward with a short shout. He was so fast that I was forced to back away but his slash cut my shoulder.

He attacked again and I barely blocked his attacks. Two of his attacks cut my thigh and back. 

"Hiro-sama!" Mirai yelled.

This guy was very good. Damn, it's just a matter of time until his slash got a clean hit on my body. 

"Aaaaghh! I can't stand this. Hiro, you step aside!"

The knight with hoodie pushes me away before I was cut by Manu.

The hoodie was removed.

"what’s the meaning of this, acting like you’re so important." Mirai grabbed my hand but told the knight off.

Mirai confronted the mysterious knight.

"You, do you really not know?"

After hoodie removed, her face and body were in full view.

"Sekrit!"

"Woman. I thought we left you at home!" Mirai yelled.

"Idiot. How can I let you die in a place I can't see you, Hiro."

Manu stared at us in anger as his last attack hit air.

"Which one of you is going to fight me. That man just now is too weak!"

"It's me!" Sekrit walked gracefully towards him.

"Woman. I have no qualm killing woman, you know."

"Try it." She taunted him.

The man charged forward with even faster run.

Sekrit stepped sideways to avoid his attack and then chopped his head off with one swing.

His head bounced twice on the ground and then the headless body slowly collapsed as well.

"The commander is dead. We win."

"Lady Sekrit has taken out the supreme commander! Let it be known!"

The escort unit cried out in victory at Irijina’s prompt, followed by the bow cavalry and the main army.

Our shouts also informed the enemy of what happened.

Both wings were scattering in retreat during the chaos.

"Pursue them and thoroughly el――"

"That’s probably not a good idea."

Mirai’s mouth gets covered by Sekrit.

"600 is too little. There is likely another independent army nearby. If we get overconfident and chase too far, we’ll be the ones who get flanked."

I see, so it’s better if we join up with the Guiscard army in the fort and let our soldiers rest.

The gates of the fort opened and Guiscard soldiers could be seen coming out cheering.

"......it’s convenient for us that they stayed there until everything was over."

Myla looked troubled.

"Their mission was to protect the fort. It’s good that they aren’t stupid enough to rush out recklessly."

"For that, we can enjoy our share of the fort’s food and drinks tonight."

We had to get the infantry in the rearguard to join up too.

Resting in the fort was much safer than out in the field.

In any case, this was our first win and a good sign of things to come.

1