Chapter 548: Aftermath
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A slim but muscular man with only beard and wavy short hair had been walking in the desolated village for about two hours. 

He was a soldier and a very high ranking one based on dozens of men accompanying him. He He inspected the corpses scattering throughout the village. 

He noticed there were three types of corpses. First, his underlings donning various uniforms representing Orlais-Fanoss Union. Secondly, villagers. The male villagers, old women and children were mercilessly massacred. The corpses of young women were assembled in the middle of the village, dar from other corpses. Not only the dead young women were  naked but there were signs of them being violated before killed. 

"Insolent. That damn Salo Witmayor. I was against him being appointed as a sub commander."

The man cursed.

Horse galloped while he commanded his men to burn the corpses. 

"Your Excellency General Xerox."

The horse arrived and the man on it called him.

Xerox stopped her inspection and signaled the man to report.

"We found Lord Salo and our special knights. But they were terrible!"

Xerox's expression darkened as he listened to the report. 

"Lead the way!"

The man led Xerox to the edge of the village where there was a meadow and three houses. 

"As you see, Your Excellency, Lord Salo and our knights were killed."

Xerox's eyes widened.

Xerox dismounted from his horse and approached the scene with a mix of anger and concern. He examined the bodies of Lord Salo and the knights, his eyes scanning for any signs of what had transpired. His men waited anxiously as he was scrutinizing the corpses and the damages on the houses.

He said, "Many of the men including Salo Witmayor....they had no cut. Only bruises and broken bones. As if they were killed by hand to hand combat. Our men were skillful archers and swordsmen but many of them were killed by someone who used his bare hand."

Xerox clenched his fists, his anger intensifying. He had witnessed the brutal massacre of the villagers and the violation of the young women, but now it seemed that his own men had fallen victim to a mysterious and formidable adversary. He began to piece together the fragments of information in his mind, trying to make sense of the situation.

Xerox continued to examine the bodies, searching for any additional clues. He noticed that the houses showed signs of a struggle, with broken furniture and scattered belongings. It appeared that a fierce confrontation had taken place within a house.

Turning to his subordinate who had led him to the scene, Xerox questioned him further. "Did any of our men manage to put up a fight? Are there any indications of who or what we might be dealing with?"

The subordinate hesitated for a moment before responding. "I can't say much as we had no survivors but... There were three different areas with different enemies. The centre of the village you had inspected before, our men outnumbered 50 enemies but then probably the villagers helped our enemies. We overpowered them but we lost a lot of men."

He turned his sight to this field located at the edge of the village. 

"Here, umm..it appeared that Lord Salo and dozens of our knights were killed by a single enemy."

Xerox didn't seem to be surprised as he suspected the same based on corpses and damage in one of the house.

The adjutant added, "There seemed to be different enemies at the other side. Our men were killed mostly by bows there."

He turned his sight to the corpses before him. 

"It seems the broken bones were inflicted by kicking and grappling by legs. There was no sign of the enemy using hands."

Killing without weapons was unthinkable but killing by legs was unbelievable.

He was instinctively reminded on how the enemy, Hiro went berserk and killed Xerox's men during their siege on Count Rikat Guiscard 's fortress.

It was a similar aftermath to the berserk incident by Hiro.  The difference was that here in the village, the berserker was less brutal. The difference between those 2 were like difference between a man and a woman.

Xerox's mind raced as he considered the information provided by his subordinate. The mention of different enemies in different areas intrigued him, but what caught his attention even more was the mention of Lord Salo and the knights being killed by a single enemy, potentially wielding only her legs as weapons.

The mention of Hiro, the berserker who had wreaked havoc during the siege on Count Rikat Guiscard's fortress, sent a shiver down Xerox's spine. Hiro was a formidable opponent, known for his brutal strength and wild ferocity. 

Xerox had witnessed firsthand the devastating consequences of Hiro's rampage, and he knew that confronting such a powerful enemy required careful planning and strategy. He needed more information to fully understand the situation and devise a plan of action.

As his men began their search, Xerox turned his attention back to the corpses before him. The broken bones inflicted by kicking and grappling indicated a level of physical prowess beyond the ordinary. Whoever this adversary was, they possessed incredible strength and combat skills.

1