Chapter 582: Blanche Ririnoie
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alhambra city, the third largest city in the Principality of Fanoss. 

Beside a large mansion, a brown haired girl was swinging her sword on a lawn. Two tough looking men were kneeling on the ground before. It looked like they were defeated by the girl in a sparring match. A man who ran towards them frowned when he found those three.

"My lady, bad news!"

The man burst into the lawn.

The two men startled and didn't stand up.

The newly arrived man handed her a sealed letter.

There was a royal insignia on it, indicating it was directly sent from the King, Alfonso De Caprio.

"I received it from a royal messenger."

She slowly opened the letter and checked its content.

The two men stood up as her eyes widened.

"What His Majesty said, My lady?"

She passed the letter to one of the men who previously knelt down on the lawn.

"What? His majesty had gone mad. He asked us to invade Holfort Dukedom!"

"What? We even never agree to join with the fake Queen from Orlais!"

The girl, who had been speechless and closing her eyes for a while broke her silence.

"Anyway, we need to attend the woman's funeral."

"Yes, Lady Blanche Ririnoie!"

Blanche Ririnoie was a member of the most famous noble family in Fanoss, House of Ririnoie. 

***

Word of the royal concubine, Leona’s death spread to every direction, giving rise to various reactions that echoed back to the Principality of Fanoss.

At the king’s behest, the whole country mourned the death of his lover, and messengers not only from within the country, but from the newly established Orlais-Fanoss Union.

Despite how big the funeral was, the one who managed the security was Blanche Ririnoie, who was still 18 years old. 

Aristocrats were also present at the funeral. Blanche ignored the opinions of the nobles who were against her appointment, saying that it pertained to the country’s prestige, and appealed directly to the king to allow the aristocrats  to attend the funeral.

"My beloved Queen, Leona."

The King, Alfonso was sobbing while watching her corpse in the opened coffin.

Although Blanche didn't hold the highest ranked positions, she was a member of the most powerful family in Fanoss and she was known as the talented war prodigy.

Her skin was a beautiful white like that of white porcelain. It was almost as if the sun had never reached her. Her two eyes were reddish brown, a trait of her family. Her stature was as one would expect from a woman, and her hair was a vivid gold just like that of the other members of her family.

"My queen, Leona brought happiness to me and the country and now lies in sleep. As someone who adores her, I shall avenge her cruel death!"

Only a few of the people attending understood his intentions.

This was a declaration of war.

Blanche Ririnoie, despite her young age, possessed a commanding presence that demanded respect and admiration from those around her. Standing tall with an air of confidence, she exuded an aura of authority that spoke volumes about her upbringing and training within the prestigious House of Ririnoie.

Her striking appearance matched her noble lineage, with her vibrant golden hair cascading down to her waist, framing a face that reflected both beauty and determination. Her reddish-brown eyes, inherited from her family, held a piercing gaze that seemed to penetrate the very souls of those who met her gaze. Blanche's fair and flawless complexion further accentuated her aristocratic elegance, as if she were a porcelain doll brought to life.

But Blanche was far from a mere figurehead or a symbol of nobility. She possessed a rare combination of intelligence, strategic prowess, and martial skill that set her apart from her peers. Known throughout the principality as a prodigy of warfare, her name carried weight in military circles, and her battlefield achievements were the stuff of legends.

From a young age, Blanche had immersed herself in the art of combat, honing her skills with various weapons, including the sword she had been swinging with such proficiency on the mansion lawn. Her dedication and unwavering determination had made her a considerably formidable fighter.

But Blanche's talents extended beyond the battlefield. She possessed a sharp intellect and a keen understanding of politics, diplomacy, and governance. Her upbringing within the House of Ririnoie had provided her with a comprehensive education in the intricacies of power, ensuring that she was not only a skilled warrior but also a capable leader.

Her appointment as the overseer of security for Leona's funeral had drawn both admiration and criticism from the aristocracy. While some questioned her youth and lack of experience, Blanche's determination and unwavering loyalty to her country and the royal family silenced any doubts. She firmly believed that it was her duty to uphold the country's prestige and ensure the proper tribute to the fallen concubine of the King.

As Blanche stood behind  of Principal Alfonso, witnessing his grief-stricken state, a resolve burned within her. She must prove something. Blanche saw the king's declaration of war as an opportunity to channel her skills and expertise towards a greater cause.

With her name echoing through the halls of power and her reputation as a gifted warrior preceding her, Blanche Ririnoie was poised to make her mark on the tumultuous landscape of the south east of central Thedas continent . As the weight of the impending conflict settled on her shoulders, she stood resolute, ready to lead her people and defend the honor of her country with unwavering determination and unwavering loyalty.

0