Chapter 85: Girl Fighting Alone
350 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Irijina hugs her heirloom spear while being petrified. Who would have thought that this day would come.

Everything is over. The Wolls family of Arkland and my father was long gone, now so is her own life.

It was just the other day when Irijina's house arrest was ended, and rather than being forgiven, they didn’t have enough strength so they pulled her out. So, she approached the border to prepare for a counter-attack, but she arrives at her current circumstances.

She tries to think calmly as a soldier. Should she run away…but if she run, where do she run to? She has no family now, so she is just plain old Irijina. Should she relies on burgling at night to earn money for daily income? Luckily she is a pretty woman, but she is also confident in her martial arts.

She stops these useless thoughts, the probability of escaping from this place being sieged by multitude of things is pretty close to zero. She guess there is no choice but to die splendidly in battle as best as she can…if possible, she wants to disappear in these chaos. If she is defeated normally, even though she is a large woman, a woman’s body will have some use as a prisoner of war.

If it comes to this then she has no choice but to fight. It’s a 1 in 10,000 chance but it’s much better than just dying.

"My name is Irijina Wolls! Glorious Arkland soldiers, en garde!"

Hearing her voice, the enemies look down on her because she is a woman, but she thrusts at one soldier who carelessly approaches and she turns him over. Right now, she need to find a way out. This place will be surrounded really soon.

The following second and third person also come at her subsequently, but she thrusts at them and flips them over, the fourth person is flung away after she spins her spear. Her actions breathes threat back into the surrounding knights, she finishes the enemies one after the other who are aiming for her.

"This one’s tough!"

"Don’t let your guard down against a woman!"

The enemy soldiers kept their distance while facing her, but this is still within her spear’s range, in other words this is her range. The weak soldiers of Ferelden can’t keep up with her.

She thrusts her spear at god-like speed and the enemies don’t even have time to register the spear as they get their throats pierced. With this she can surely breakthrough!?

"Baron ! She’s tough so be careful!"

The enemy small fry steps back, a single man with a sword in his hand steps forward. His equipment and his atmosphere is different. She is convinced that he’s tough, but to her there is no way that she will fall behind in a 1 on 1 fight.

A clash starts without anything said. The man called Baron has speed and strength of a different caliber than the other small fries as he clashes with her. It could be said that his ability might be on equal terms with her. That’s how she feels after exchanging blows with him several times, but if that’s so then she can win. His is high-class but it’s just a normal sword, what she is holding is an heirloom and famous spear, and even as it is a spear holds an advantage over a sword.

"Sei!

"Guh!"

Her spear scratches the man’s cheek, blood flies out. The man stops moving for a split second. That is enough, her spear thrusts into the man’s armor and pierces his side.

"Guha-!"

The man falls over, it’s not a fatal wound but it’s not the situation where she has the time to finish him off.

As she is about to escape , a shadow runs in from her side. She instantly guards herself, a sharp metallic sound rings out and sparks fly. The shadow leaps behind her and once again comes rushing at her.

"Tch-!"

She thrust her spear but it doesn’t hit. The shadow is fast, it’s running quickly like it’s crawling on the ground. The hand is holding a sword; she wants to spin her spear so that the butt knocks away the sword but that is also avoided.

How nimble! The shadow thrusts out the sword, intending to stab her from the bottom.

"Eei! How about this!"

She spins her spear in a large motion to let the shadow dodge on purpose. Seeing the opening the shadow rushes in to finish things in a close range.

And then she kicks it back with all her might.

"Gyan!?"

She will not lose to an ordinary man in physique. Her trained body has developed muscle as well and hee height is about 180. The shadow has taken her kick quite well, it flies all the way to the tree and seems like he loose consciousness.

Riding the momentum, the knights who charge forward come back. Only their heads though…

And then it makes its appearance. It is the existence that brought her to the bottom in fear, and even destroys her as a soldier. Her breathing gets rough and she starts shaking. She get in her stance with the spear but the tip is wavering up and down, left and right, as if she is playing around. Even she could tell.

2