Chapter 2: Unworthy Slaves
60 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Perhaps I shouldn't have killed all of them, humans could prove to make for useful test subjects. But not all is lost, I have gained a few new weapons and there are still two people alive.

"H-How did you do that?" stuttered the man, he looked to be rather well dressed so let's call him rich noble number 1 for now. Sweat dripped down his face and the area around his loins seemed to be wet- wait, did this old man really just pee himself? Well, whatever, I don't need my new test subjects to be potty trained anyway.

To be honest that was the first time I ever faced so many enemies at once, and although it was rather easy, it still took quite a bit of energy to dodge all those attacks. Perhaps after inspecting my spoils I will deal with the two survivors.

"Y-you, he's talking to you," shouted the woman next to him. Although she seemed young at first glance, under the heavy make-up probably hid an old hag, so we'll call her  rich old hag number 1 for now.

"Eh? How I did that, huh? I was just more powerful than them I guess," I replied without much though as I gathered all my new weapons into a pile. These men seemed to have been quite wealthy as their weapons looked to be quite new and well maintained.

"A-Are you a child mercenary? I-I've heard rumors of children being trained from a young age to be assassins, but I never thought I would see one in real life," muttered rich noble number 1.

After dusting himself off, he stood up, his chest puffed out as if he hadn't just wet himself a few seconds ago. Rich old hag number 1 seemed to have gained courage from this gesture and stood up as well, putting on a more relaxed expression. I gave them a side glance as they began discussing amongst themselves, I still have to strip these men of their clothing so I'll let them do as they please for now.

"We've decided, we will hire your services. Name your price and we'll pay it, however since you allowed our driver to die we'll have to deduct some silver coins, and you'll also have to drive our carriage," announced rich noble number 1 after discussing with the hag for a bit.

"Eh? My services? What are you talking about?" After striping all the men of their clothing, I begin undressing. My clothes were quite ragged and I had developed several rashes due to the dirt that accumulated on them, a clothing change was really due.

"W-What are you doing, you barbarian. You dare expose your buttocks in front of the Baron of Estrin?" shouted rich old hag number 1 hysterically. Her wailing annoys me.

"Ahh, the clothes are a nice fit," I say to myself before putting on the mask that masked man number 1 was wearing.

"Take off that ridiculous clothing or I won't hire you," shouted rich noble number 1, pointing at me with his fat stubby fingers. It seems they must've misunderstood me for a savior, well… that will soon change.

After taking two horses and tying them up to the front of the carriage we began on our way. My two new slaves seemed weary of me, they would occasionally whisper and look at me, disgust visible on their faces each time they stared at my dirty face.

After going on for a few more hours the sun began to set. Without any light sources it would've been wiser to stop, but my slaves seem to be eager to be experimented on, so they urged me to go on. After stopping for rich noble number 1 to take a piss nearby some trees, I spotted a wolf-like animal approaching us from the forest.

I had never seen an animal quite like it, and since it could see us even though it had gotten a bit dark, I had to assume that it had night vision. Perhaps after mixing one of it's organs with my god-substance I'll get night vision.

"Rich noble number 1, get back in the caravan."

"Rich noble what? What are y-" rich noble's voice faltered as he noticed the pack of wolf beasts that had surrounded us. They're gleaming blue eyes stared at us from all directions, slowly approaching us as if wary that there is a powerful enemy around.

"Good instincts indeed," I smiled, It seems that I have found powerful enemies to fight against.

"S-Strykers, w-were doomed," murmured rich noble number 1 with a grim look on his face.

"W-What are C rank beasts doing here? I-I thought that they only appeared in the outskirts," cried rich old hag number 1.

"Y-You peas- I mean mercenary. If you protect us I'll pay you double."

I have no idea why this man speaks of payment as if I don't own everything he has. Perhaps they hit their head on a rock during the raid?

After staring at us for a few moments, one of the wolves lunged at me, its sharp fangs bared in a snarl. Without much effort I dodged the attack, and swung my sword at it's head, slicing it of with a clean cut.

The other wolves stopped circling around the caravan and began to approach me slowly, their low growls syncing with the whimpers that my slaves were giving out.

A moment later all seven of them lunged at me, timing their attacks like a true pack. As fast as I was, several of their attacks managed to reach me, their teeth digging into my skin. However I was hoping that would happen, since they were biting down on me they became easy pickings and I quickly disposed of the few that were still stuck on me.

The four remaining wolves looked confused, perhaps they were wondering how I was still alive. Sadly for them my god-substance gave me strong muscle fibres, so although their sharp fangs could somewhat pierce my skin, they didn't have enough jaw strength to push it past my muscles.

"It seems I am a bit slow with the sword, anyway you guys proved to be interesting sparring partners. However it does not seem as if you would be much of a workout, anymore and I would just be wasting precious research time." Without those words I threw my sword at one of the wolves, it moved like lightning killing it with a soft squelch.

The remaining three wolves saw this and immediately tried to flee, however there was no way I was going to let my test subjects run away so easily. So I quickly caught up with the first wolf, ripping out it's larynx with my fingers. For the two remaining wolves I broke their legs to keep them in place.

Their angry growls soon turned to whimpers and they constantly licked their broken legs as they tried to limp away.

"M-Magnificent. You must be a Orichalum plate adventurer," exclaimed rich noble number 1, coming out of the caravan to kick the dead body of one of the wolves. Rich old hag number 1 seemed to be more courageous, going after the injured wolves.

"Don't kill them, I have to use them as test subjects as well."

"Don't tell me what to do," she scowled, stomping on the wolf's broken leg. It's cries echoed through the dark forest, and its broken leg made a crunching sounds each time she stomped on it.

Well, I have no experience with slaves, so I have no idea how to handle them. I have only ever heard about them in the blessed fantasy scriptures. According to manga law, these two are supposed to be my slaves since I saved their lives, but they don't seem to be acting as such.

After shaking my head at rich old hag number 1 to let her know I didn't like her behavior, I started my dissection. Since I didn't have to use my fingers to tear through the flesh like I usually did, it was way faster.

"W-What are you doing? Y-You don't mean to eat those do you?" asked rich noble number 1, a terrified and disgusted look on his face.

"No," I replied, causing him to relax a bit.

"Not yet atleast,"

2