Chapter 3: Test Subjects
58 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A-Ah, I-I see. You're collecting parts of their bodies to prove that you killed them. I heard you're required to by the adventurer's guild, that explains it. But why have you left two of them alive?" stuttered rich noble number 1. Or at least I think that's what he said, frankly I was too invested in my research to bother.

After a few deft incisions within the wolf beast's innards, I was able to carefully extract the most important-looking organs. You see, through my years of research on animal anatomy, I realized that the organs that usually appeared in other species were not special in any way. What I mean is, everyday organs like the lungs, heart, and kidneys provide no special effects when combined with the god-substance.

Once I realized that, my research became way easier. I just had to find the organ that was unique to each species, and within the wolf, it seemed to be a sack containing blue fluid. After cutting said organ out of all the dead wolves, I carefully placed them onto a pile of the clothing that I stripped from the masked men.

"Eh, what are you doing?" asked rich old hag number one after she was finished torturing the wolf beast, although its breathing was labored and its eyes were shut, I reckoned it could still be used a test subject.

To be honest, had the rich old hag been someone with just a bit of power I could have explained to her what I was doing. After all, I am merely a pilgrim in search of power, I am not selfish in my quest. However, I cannot allow one who does not even seek the truth to partake of my fruit. So I ignore her.

After mixing the blue fluid with the herbs I had come with from my village, the new god-substance was done. Now for the first test subject.

"Hey, I asked what you were doing," shouted rich old hag number 1 as I walked past her carrying the concoction. She seems to be irritated, perhaps she was tired of feeling helpless, however a quick glance at her and she let me go. Truly pathetic.

My first test subject was the wolf that rich old hag had trampled on. It was close to death, due to her violent outburst the wolf's bones had punctured a hole in its leg that was bleeding profusely. After petting the wolf, I pried its mouth open, pouring the oozy purple god-substance into its mouth.

After waiting for a few seconds, its eyes glow purple, it seems I've done it.

"Poison!" exclaimed rich noble number one as the wolf began vomiting out all its innards. It seems I've made the concentration of herbs too high, indeed I had formulated it with my body in mind. Since I've been taking the god-substance since I was young, my body has acquired quite the resistance making low concentrations useless to me.

"Perhaps I should lower the concentrations while using it on them," I murmured to myself before preparing a new batch. This time the concoction oozed a lighter shade of purple, a good sign.

After petting the second wolf, I pried its mouth open as well, pouring the concoction into its mouth. After a few seconds, its eyes began shining in a radiant purple light before dying down. Success.

"A-Are you perhaps testing new poisons on these beasts?" asked rich noble number 1 in a low tone, as if he felt pity for the wolf beasts. Sadly, it did seem as if I were testing poison because after a few more seconds the wolf's eyes melted.

"I see, I used too much of the wolf beast organ. Perhaps a tad bit lower?" I murmured to myself once again before preparing a new concoction.

"A-Aren't you done? There aren't any beasts left to test your poisons on, o-or are you going to go hunting for more?" asked old rich noble number one, his wife hiding behind him in fear and disgust.

"So which one of you should I start with first?"

"E-Excuse me."

"Which one of y-"

"I heard what you said, but do you have any idea what you are implying. Are you insane? I could have you executed you know, even if it is a joke, you're taking this too far," shouted rich noble number 1. It was kind of dark so I could barely make out his figure, but based on the way he was standing, I would say he was trying to seem intimidating.

"T-That's right. W-We know the king, we could have you and your entire family executed," threatened rich old hag number 1, still shivering behind her husband.

"Hmm, I take it you want me to decide for myself then? Then I'll go with rich old hag number 1, I honestly can't stand her voice anymore," I said to them before walking towards her.

Funny enough, she began running away, pushing her husband to the ground in her attempt. Sadly, I've seen livestock faster than her, and in a few seconds I had caught up. A quick kick to the leg, and her bones snapped like a twig. She let out a piercing scream that echoed into the forest, like nails scratching across a blackboard.

"I don't think this is how slaves are supposed to act rich old hag number 1," I scolded as I dragged her back by the hair. I've had enough of her misbehaving.

After dragging her back to her husband, I discovered a strange smell.

"Ahh, did you just shit yourself?"

"P-P-Please, spare me," cried rich noble in response.

I mean, I know I said I don't need potty-trained slaves, but you'd think that old men had more control over their bowels.

"H-Honey, p-please help me, please. I-I love you, p-please do something, m-make him stop," begged rich old hag number 1 in an ugly voice. It seems all the screeching might have torn a vocal cord or two.

"P-Please, let me go and I won't say anything. I-I'll even pay you double, how about that huh?" asked rich noble number one as he groveled at my feet.

"Y-You bastard. You'd leave me here, t-that's why I slept with your brother. I always knew you were an incompetent man," shouted rich old hag in a crazed tone, laughing in between sentences. It seems things are getting heated up between my slaves.

"Shut up you harlot, as if I've never slept with anyone else. The last time I found you beautiful was when you were eighteen, even with all that makeup on your face you can't hide the fact that you're an old hag," shouted rich noble number one.

"Agreed," I murmured as I stared at the two of them shout at each other in a back and forth.

"Okay enough, I don't have time for this. Now rich old hag number one, please open wide," I said to her.

As expected she shut her jaws tight, refusing to drink my concoction. Well, there have been animals who have done similar things, and there was always one effective way of dealing with them. A punch to the mouth.

With a single punch, I shattered both her jaws and knocked out a couple of teeth, busting her mouth right open. She tried screaming however she had already torn all her vocal cords, so no sounds came out. She cried and clung on me, trying to push me away, but those were but the mere death throes of a dead animal.

After pouring the concoction down her throat her eyes shimmered a light shade of purple before going down. Yes, this time I've done it, I've upgraded the god-substance.

Or maybe not.

After a few more seconds her body began to change color, and her skin began decomposing at a visible rate.

"Ahh, it seems I used wolf piss instead of the fluid from its organs. Well, I have one last test subjec- and he's gone."

1