Departure
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I decided to go with Kari to Tokyo International as I really wanted to make sure she wasn’t nervous.

“Are you going to be okay with your nightmares?” she asked, as we sat waiting for her flight.

“I’m going to be fine, girl.”

She laid her head on my shoulder. There was a part of me that wanted to scream, “Please stay! This is a mistake!” But she was what a lot of my aunties back home would say: a grown-ass woman. 

“You gotta call and text me when you get there.”

She went off as soon as the Tokyo-to-Madrid flight was announced.

We hugged for what felt like ten minutes. I felt so lost getting back home.

 

 

After the shift that night, I sat in the backseat of the Uber. Now longer being greeted with a cheeky smile, just an empty space. Both the driver and I stewed in silence until I arrived back at my place.

I tried my best not to let the tears well up.

 

 

I finally got around to texting Kane. I kept wanting to ask him about any new urges he may have had but there never felt like a good time. How would I go about asking something like this without seeming like I wanted to fuck?

Hey Kane are you free?

I sat on it for a while til I heard a ping back.

Yeah what’s up

I just wanted to ask something a lil personal. If u don’t mind

What wanted some dick ? 👀

I rolled my eyes. 

No. not right now I almost typed. This had to be business. Have you been having any weird dreams or encounters? I opted for instead.

Nope 

Of course. Kane was still stripping. More than likely, he was waking up during the day. Also likely: the incubi from hell were breaking in at night.

 

Another likely: Kane was just becoming more of a freak ho.

 

The nightmares still getting to you king

It’s been okay. I don’t wanna hold you too long

Ok, hit you up later

I lay on my bed again. I almost didn’t want to go to work again. I shopped around online for stripper poles. I cursed at myself because I had to wait until Kari left to finally do this. The thoughts of us taking turns almost busting our asses on the pole made me smile.

If I wanted to keep this place, I had to hustle. Part of the reason why I felt like I got this place was because of Kari. She had been an office worker at the time and finessed the landlord with some story about how I was her live-in housekeeper and how her father was helping her out. Like me, she hadn’t had any contact with her parents in years. Her “father” was some random dude she fucked with as a baby stripper.

We were far from gravure idols with zaibatsu owners secretly footing their bill. We came up together as strippers.

Damn, it’s quiet, I thought. I played some random lofi music as I kept browsing the internet.

I ended up not coming in to dance

 

 

Get your ass to work.

That was a text from Kane. Kari and a few of my co-workers from Love Dragon said more-or-less the same.

Fine, I pouted. I threw my shit in a duffel bag and headed for the rail.

In Japan, we have two days for the lovebirds: Valentine’s Day and White Day, where the men would reciprocate gifts for the ladies. I planned on mailing something to Kari.

I kept getting more annoyed than usual seeing couples. With Kari gone, it made me feel even more alone.

I did a walk around, trying my best to focus. I did everything in my power to not go to the bar and order a drink.

Then I see Goto, motioning me to come to him. He was obviously already deep into a bottle. Goto was a decent guy sober, but turned into any other I'm thinking it’s going to be some bullshit but I come over anyway, keeping a cool expression.

“Hello, there,” I said, sitting next to him.

“You look even more amazing up close,” he said, gazing at me up and down.

“So do you,” I lied. I rubbed my hand over his shoulder.

“I’m Goto,” he said.

“I know.”

“Come on, just play along!”

I ended up having a good conversation with him. As he drunk and drunk, he started acting goofy as hell, cracking me up.

“I’m done for the night,” he slammed his glass down. “You know, I don’t live too far from here.” He gazed at me. “Let’s have some fun at my place.”

“Hmmm,” I said. I sat up, ready to sit on his lap. “Let me relax you.”

Then he gave a hard smack on my ass. I held back a yelp.

He leaned into my chest. His cologne wafted under my nostrils. He began nuzzling his stubbled face into my neck.

My dumb ass let him drag me out.

0