Take Care
70 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I tried to calm Goto down, even though I was still trying to recover from my back hitting his dingy ass floors. I even had to bend down, straining it further, by wiping off the blood the incubus spit on the floor. I didn’t notice anything different about it, but it did feel thicker and slimier.

“W-what the hell was that?” Goto said.

“It’s gone now.” I rubbed his shoulder. I got a glass from his cabinet and filled it with water. “Here.” He grabbed it. He took a sip, all while shaking.

“Should we call the cops?”

“I…” Then I had an idea. I decided to call someone else instead. I got my phone from Goto’s room.

I pressed his name in my contacts. I waited, pressing my phone against my ear.

“Hello, Dr. Yamanaka speaking.”

“Hi, uh, this---”

“Yoshida, right?”

“Uh, yeah. I-I’m sorry for everything from before…”

“I suppose I’ll accept your apology. Why have you decided to call at this time?”

“I just witnessed an incubus attack. I went to someone’s house and--”

“What is his address?”

Yamanaka came over, showing up in a dark trench coat, to check on everything. He examined the window the incubus came from. Goto had his head resting on his hand.

He turned to me. “You should meet me tomorrow.” He waltzed off.

“Does he go to the club?” Goto said, a bit too eagerly.

I just sighed, readying myself to get the fuck out of there

 

 

People on Twitter loved reporting things that they didn’t want to go to the cops about. I read a few tweets stating none of them would’ve believed them.

The break-ins were increasing and now men and women were reporting them. They had appeared to get frequent to the point I was certain I could’ve gone to any man’s house that night and had a good chance of being attacked.

I swear I saw someone in my room! Said one tweet. The fear got worse as I kept reading.

I had felt more confident after fighting that incubus. But who knew what the next time would be like.

 

 

“Hopefully, you’re okay with missing work tonight.”

I sat in Dr. Yamanaka’s office.

I shook my head, “No, it’s fine. Do you have the pills?”

We sat down in his office. Dr. Yamanaka slid the bottle of pills to me. “It has different effects on everyone. We have to see how it works.”

“Okay,” I said softly. I could only wonder how Haruki was faring. “Has Haruki called you?”

“You seem to be very concerned with him.”

“Well, he was having nightmares too,” I said defensively. I didn’t forget how he addressed him before. “So...did he?”

“I’ve had a conversation with him. I have client confidentiality.”

“I wasn’t asking for….never mind.” I didn’t want to turn into a brat again. “I, uh, have somewhere to be.” I scurried off.

“Take care,” he said, as I passed through the door.

 

 

I looked at the pills. I was feeling sleepy and had just masturbated, so I was in a bit of a better mood. I held one of the pills in my palm after I grabbed a glass of water.

I swallowed the pill.

0