Chapter 02 Destination Deliberation
5.1k 6 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Generally when one goes to meet a god, they seem to wind up in either a space that is completely white, or completely black. Or so books tell me.

The place I wound up? Colors, colors everywhere.

Had I a head to ache, it would have. It was overwhelming, but I was unable to move, or in anyway cut off the chaos before me. Time and again, I tried to call out, attempting to summon someone or something to save me from going mad having to stare at the place, but I had no mouth to speak from, not did I know how to communicate as whatever I was right then.

After an eternity, a distortion appeared in the air in front of me. It looked like the chaos was being distilled as the colors surrounding it seemed to fade as it coalesced into an orb in front of me.

“Oh! So sorry to have not noticed you for so long. You must be the new one Truck-kun sent us.”

I tried to respond, but I still couldn’t. The color-changing orb gave no indication that it had noticed my attempts at communication as it continued to speak.

“Hmm, not much to go on. The age is surprising, usually you’d have drawn our attention earlier. Ah, always reading, and deeply enough to subsume yourself, that’s kinda impressive. So, what shall we do with you? What world would be best?”

It turned it’s ‘gaze’ on me. It had no eyes, but I could feel when it’s attention was fully on me.

“So tell me little soul, if you had one wish, what would it be?”

This stilled my thoughts for a bit. I had made many wishes throughout my life, but most of them revolved around one thing. Being powerful. Powerful enough to do just about whatever, with little to no effort on my part. But I didn’t want to be well known. I am an introvert, and am not comfortable around people.

But since I broke my shell, I came to have another wish much more desperately. I wanted the ability to change myself. Physical change more than any other, as with a change of body would hopefully follow a change in mind.

I tried to bring these wishes together, to make them into one single wish, but I was still unable to articulate anything.

It didn’t seem to stop the being, god?, from understanding me.

“Hmm, so you want to be powerful with the ability to change yourself. Looking at what you’ve read on that website recently, I think I have just the place for you. You’ll have to earn your strength, but I think you’ll be happy with the my placement. Good luck now!”

And with that said, a burst of light came from the god-orb and I felt myself propelled away at great speed. The bonus was that my senses were spared from the assault I had been under my consciousness once again flew away.

 

Yes, short chapters so far. They'll get longer... I think.  I could have combined the Earth and God Realm ones, but from here on I think they're likely to be longer as there will be less of a gap between the locations experienced in the chapters.

99