Chapter [8] ~ Deck of Cards
304 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Let me introduce myself.” A white haired fairy looked at Ivy with crescent shaped eyes. “I'm Bai Miriam, diamond, nice to meet you, young miss Ivy.”

“Iris, she's so pretty. How did you get her?” Ivy looked at Iris, tilted her head, and bashfully asked. 

Iris answered, “Well…”

(An hour ago)

Iris entered the secret cellar that was located behind the counter bar. She waved her hand and [Fire] appeared as a form of a wisp. 

The red flare illuminated the darkness and while she took steps down the stairs, Iris also activated [Earth] and began making small lamp poles in the wall. The wisp of fire rested inside the glass, cooked the mud and became a torch. 

When Iris took her final step towards the room downstairs, she was shocked when she saw how little the vacancy of the room was. Compared to the space upstairs, this one here was too cramped and she was bitterly disappointed. 

She and Ivy had not explored this compartment, and honestly, it was bothersome on how they had forgot. 

“I can't just make do of it.” Iris muttered as [Earth] began to crumble a part of the wall and slowly, the space began to increase. 

A small window was formed on the celling and Iris could clearly see the darkening sky from above. To make sure that rain would not enter this room, Iris used [Fire] to melt and cook the metal earth she had covered that window with.

“Good.” Iris clapped her hands in astonishment. It was a great result, and this room can handle tons of people.

 While the melted metal begun cooling down, Iris made the sidewall dig deeper and soon, she made a few more rooms for upcoming visitors and employees. 

Speaking of employees, Iris dusted off her dress and began creating a not overly complicated abstract art on the ground before finally stepping her feet into it's middle and saying, “May bliss come arise. Summon me thy loyal knights.”

The art glowed and after a few minutes, a vague figure appeared. 

Iris made out of it's unclear silhouette as a mysterious, anomaly human. Two large crystalized wings flapped from behind her silver hair.

“A fairy?” Iris nudged her head as she wondered. 

“Are you the genius one of this generation?” A fair voice asked. 

Iris blinked her ember eyes as she stared at the fairy like being who stepped out of the mist. 

Iris shook her head as she crossed her arms, “No, I am not.” 

“Pardon me? But I'm pretty sure you're only five years old. It's clearly impossible for someone this young to summon a great elemental spirit like me if they're not a genius.” The silver haired woman touched her lips as she squinted her pale green eyes. 

“Unfortunately, I am indeed not a genius. I had only achieved this such result due to luck. And I'm sure you're wondering how come I speak fluently despite my youthful age of five.” Iris planted her foot upfront.

“True…” The woman agreed and hesitated for a moment, “However, despite how lucky you were to summon such a being like me, all your efforts were a waste. I am not an ordinary spirit, I am an elemental spirit who had been prohibited to do certain things causing us a worse choice to be summoned.”

Iris was flabbergasted, after a long silence she questioned. “Ha? That's weird. Can you tell me more about the reason why summoning elemental spirits are a bad choice and why others prefer the other spirits?” 

“Why though?” All of a sudden, the woman became haughty as she covered her mouth. “This lady doesn't have a reason to do as you wish.”

“I want to make a contract with you.” Iris replied as she brushed her brown hair to the side.

 “And maybe we can talk about things. Like you said, it was impossible to summon great spirits like you so you must've been inside a lonely home with no contact with other people. So, its your choice. Tell me and let's have a conversation or we'll end everything here and let you return.” She continued, her amber eyes glistening as she threatened the spirit.

“You... I guess telling you won't hurt. So listen up young girl, I won't repeat things twice. You see, elemental spirits are nature's ghosts. They cannot posses anyone and are only allowed to give their summoner temporary power. The reason for this is that spirits needs a vessel to remain their form, but it is a taboo for us to possess any living beings.” The spirit told Iris.

Iris momentarily furrowed her brows. This wasn't that much of a problem considering that she had already planned letting her contracted spirits to possess her golems. 

“So, except elemental spirits, can the rest possess as willed?” Iris asked. 

The spirit looked at the young girl without changing her gaze. “Yes. That's why this old lady cannot form a contract to you because if I force so, with no vessel to use, I'd dissipate.”

Iris cocked her head to the side and softly let out an “Oh,”

“But there's an exception and that was to form a temporary contact ...” 

“I don't think it is needed, I want to form a contract with you. A permanent contract. Hold on, before you argue back, I just want to remind you that having a vessel to possess without going against the forbidden rule can be done. Specially, from me.” Iris walked closer to the Spirit and held out her hand. 

“?” The spirit couldn't understand. 

“Have you heard of golems? But not just any average golems out there, a custom and humanoid type that can sustain any life form.” Iris added as she waved her hand.

Below her palm was a mud lowly pilling up and began forming a body. It formed into a human and had features similar to the spirit woman, however, the only difference was, the golem looked more human instead of a fairy.

*Casha*

The flames flew up and boiled the mud till it turned red, it then drew down and a lovely empty vessel was created. 

“This...” The spirit was amazed. She flew off from the circle and began circling the body. She then placed her hand before it and she could no longer suppress her shock.

“What do you think of it?” Iris grinned as she looked at the fairy.

“It's marvelous... I've never seen something like this after all, its not only rare to achieve such heights in earth control, most of those in the past only managed to use one control to their fullest and dual elementalist were at scarce.” She praised and afterwards flew back to face Iris. 

“Hear me out, this lady's name is Bai Miriam. I'll sign a permanent contract with you! And It'd be lovely for you to call me Bai Chan.” Bai Chan hurriedly said as she reached her hand forward. 

It was a miracle, after all, spirits dream of being able to touch things with their hands. But when the inability for elemental spirits was issued, great troubles came after.

“Good,” Iris smiled before her head bobbed to the other side as she abruptly asked, “But before that, what do you have that I can make use of?”

“Huh?” Bai Chan froze. “This lady is a high level wind elemental spirit. I have high compatibility with wind and my proficiency with it is very high.” 

“Other than that, what else?” Iris shifted her gaze, showing her disinterest.

“I have wisdom comparable to those of a millennium old owl demon.” Bai Chan said. 

Iris raised an eyebrow, “Eh? But, how come you do not behave like it?” 

“I'm not focused on it and my personality has always been like this.” Bai Chan grimaced. 

Iris closed her eyes and thoughtfully nodded. 


“Okay then. Let's finalize our contract.” Iris said as her hands opened and revealed her chubby palm. 


Bai Chan pursued a smile as her slender hand enveloped Iris'. 

“From then on, you are my contracted spirit, Bai.” Iris voiced and the background flashed white. Though there should be more to say after that, Iris decided to retain it like this in fear of forcing her spirit to follow everything she orders.

Iris' eyes blinked and a strange formation appeared in her iris. As she blinked again, the formation vanished. 

“You can possess the golem, right away, Bai Chan.” Iris retrieved her hand and said. 

“En.” Bai Chan agreed and dashed to the golem (vessel) she was perfectly suited, given it was made for her. Her hands dived inside and the rest of her body followed. 

...

“But that aside, can the other's introduce themselves too.” Ivy looked at Bai's behind and said.

Iris nodded and told them, “Please coordinate nicely, be in order as you introduce yourselves.”

“““Yes, Young Miss Iris.”””

A finely dressed pink haired young man adjusted his cuffs as he skillfully bowed down. “I am Clarke, Clubs.”

“I'm Ariz. Diamond.” Said a black haired beauty as he winked his sparkling blue eyes.

“Susy! Clubs.” Spoke a red haired loli.

“Quinn. A diamond.” Bashfully said a caramel haired girl.

““Harold, Gareth, Harmon, Gin! We four are hearts!””” Spoke altogether by four little boys.

“Harmonia...Diamond.” Said a blue haired sprite.

Ivy looked back at Iris and asked, “There's no spades?”

Iris affirmed, “Yes. I was thinking of leaving that space open for real humans. We can't have spirits to be our only employees, do we?”

“That's a good reason, Iris. I just want to say that you're really good at this. But, where will everyone sleep?” Ivy scratched her ears in confusion. 

“No need to worry, young miss Ivy!” Bai Chan said.

“Er...Okay?” Ivy sighed helplessly as she whispered to Iris, “They look disturbing with their eyes flashing pink due to my charm. Are you sure I should seduce them?”

“Ivy, it depends on you. Whether they remain loyal or not can be determined.” Iris calmly said.

“Oh, that's right.” Ivy then turned back to their employees and told everyone. “From now on you will work under the...ah...Twin Flames!..Club. When we're in this business you will call me Dusk and you'll call my sister Dawn. Am I clear?”

“Ivy...”

“Oh right, we've already sent them back to their rooms. But let's tell them this tomorrow!”

6