Eternal
148 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two teens were having fun while reading comics. The girl with smooth skin, pink cherry lips and ruffled red curly hair was wearing a purple t-shirt with a knee-high skirt with a pleated design of orange stripes and a butterfly tattoo was stretching from her neck to the collar bone enunciating her beautiful figure. She was reading a comic book entitled "The berserker " while sitting in a bed with a perfect lazy sleeping posture, she was just at the end of page 132 but after that, all the drawings in the comic become incoherent and illegible. so she closed the book as she had already figured out the ending of the story by now, and there was never a point in continuing a dead story anyway. so, she opened her andriod phone began looking for interesting topics on Facebook.


Another teen with the aquiline jaw, with a sharp nose and black wavy hair, wearing Kevin jeans and a black tank top was sitting on a couch with a lazy posture he was looking through Today's newspaper where the front page was completely claimed by the title "Will Russia go to war with Ukraine and start a bloodbath  "reported by Edwin kain written in big bold letters. In the corner of the newspaper, Tom and Jerry were drawn having a slug fight over a piece of bread. He was completely disinterested in the comic but still continued. But after reading a couple of newspapers ranging from the previous week to today, he gave up completely, all the good comics in newspapers have become trash nowadays.


If he was allowed he would have gone to New Zealand with his friend for competing in a football new year competition but he was disqualified before even his journey started. As his coach said he was neither built for tackling nor for defending, his running speed was average as best .while on the other hand, his friend Jack was a complete monster in tackling, he had once tackled an 80-pound guy to oblivion. Thinking about the despair that guy felt made him laugh in amusement.


So he looked at the ceiling where a fan was moving in constant angular momentum and began to stare at it with utmost concentration and silence because he was bored and he wanted some free mind.


Both girl and the boy were siblings where the boy was one year older than the girl was. Their mother was an American while their father was Chinese but only after a couple of years after they were born their father divorced her mother for looking for a better Chinese partner, so they were living in a shady apartment where her mother worked in a medicinal store as the main job and a business marketer for a part-time job. It was hard for the family to meet their needs but they continued living anyway.


The girl feeling bored yawned and continue browsing Facebook. The boy also yawned while staring at the ceiling.


The girl heard him yawn so to humour herself she yawned again as if to see if his brother will yawn again or not.


Lo and behold his brother yawned again ,this time was louder and for more than 3 seconds than hers.

She knew her brother was a lazy bum and this was the evidence.


Once her brother told her with great enthusiasm that he was going to study psychology after his graduation, while they were having dinner. but looking at him now it seems impossible for her lazy brother to choose that kind of stream.


His brother feeling her sister intense gaze did not even bother to look away from his staring death match with a fan.

" you said that you were going to study psychology?so Why are dilly-dallying here for? Does look at a fan makes you smarter? "asked the girl with a sarcastic tone.


The boy completely disinterested did not even reply but her little sister intense gaze was making a hole through his back. So he replied " yes I am going to study psychology after graduation. But it is not filled with jokes and mystery. They are filled with Allan watts and Micheal theories with some neuroscience and with a pinch of allaka dabra!! I was just interested in the famous criminals and wanted to know what was going on in their minds before they committed mass murderer and genocide. psychopath and sociopath were like the opening of floodgates. Every person can be qualified as a sociopath by the book of utmost nonesense. I did not know that time. Patients are devils born on human skin, they are going to test you by asking a bunch of problems they did not even want an answer to! Things become chaotic and confusing reading theology and metaphysics and it get downright absolute abhorrence for me when it came to the subject of sociology."


"And for your last questioning yeah! It makes you smarter because I am concentrating, it is like meditation but without chanting."


The girl pouted in complete distrust of that last comment.


There was complete silence for further 15 minutes broken by the rustling of pages of the opened comic book "So what is the point of existing in the first place if we are all gonna ......die in one way or another. I mean you have read so much, at least you can tell me this?" right. asked the girl with a look of complete seriousness.


"Do you really want to know? it will become completely boring for you if I began talking, it is a subject researched by every philosopher of every country after all" asked her brother in a monotone voice.


"Yeah! Tell me! I am interested", said his sister while cupping her face with both of her dandy hands.


 He broke the staring contest with the fan, blinked his straining eyes a few times, swung his legs over the couch and popped his hands and neck joints and asked her little sister." so tell me! In this world what is eternal?"


The girl remains silent for a second. And begun to mumble in silent tone what is eternal! Eternal as to exist permanently! as like an immortal mmmm but he said in this world not fantasy. so mmmm.

The answer is THIS UNIVERSE AND THE ENERGY SUSTAINING IT.replied the girl with a laugh as it was quite easy for her.


The boy replied in a serious tone" yes! And no! "No one in this world is eternal. Not even time itself because time is a concept and this concept will decay when humans will no longer exist to compared it with anything. Time is relative to prespective if there is no perspective there is no time. and The universe will also decay due to entropy. And it is the same applied for energy also.


Upon hearing the answer the girl was surprised but not completely believed him. after all it was only a hypothetical situation.

"So what do you think is Eternal in the universe?" asked back the girl as if trying to refute him.


The answer is FLOW., MOVEMENT whatever you call it.it is the only eternal constant of this universe.it is eternal so other things cannot be eternal. Flow makes things impermanence. Everything bend to this rule, electron revolve around the nucleus, Earth revolve around the sun. sun revolve around the galaxy's central black hole, the entire galaxies group together and make cluster galaxies and these cluster galaxy revolve around each other and form linkenia and they are so big that we cannot even begin to fathom it. Even 54 factorial the biggest number discovered by physicists fall shorter to the depth of this universe but it will also someday decay and die but death is not the final destination, it stands true for the universe, planets, insects and us.


There was a famous saying in the novel I don't remember, it states that we end only to begin again .begining is not always the initial beginning not the end is the final ending. The beginning moves to its end and the ending gives growth to new beginning.

It is the flow, it is the dynamic nature of this universe.

Nothing can remain dead forever! Nothing remains for living forever.


"So achieving immortality is impossible?" asked the stunned girl with great enthusiasm.


No, it was never a possibility in the first place.Even in your wuxia novel Mc stores mana in his body and try to transition it from gas , liquid and solid but it is all fiction all he want to do is change his perspective to that of Dao.

Dao is a very interesting concept. Let me put in this way.

Something which can be taught to others is not a Dao , something which can be explained as dao cannot be called a dao.Dao is ethereal and empyreal , no one has seen it, no one can feel it, no one can transcend it, no one is above it.


"So immortal really cannot exist in this world ?Even though many claim it can be possible through science and some effort "inquired the girl with a defeated tone.


"No, my little sister .first of all many confuse immortal with eternal but they are two different words. Immortal is actually the word used to represent scholars by Chinese.Immortal is actually defined as ascension of life.it is called immortal because it means breaking away from the chains which bind us to mortalty.And only buddhist monks have travelled more farther than any others in this road. Immortal represent being carefree life free from suffering and misery.it is same as saying they assimilate themselves with heaven and become none caring and none forgiving and  none judgemental in nature. You see most of our society move because of competition and comparison.if you remove all the desire of comfort but only leave food , water and air you can survive in any corner of this world where there is people.if you feel no desire you then feel no misery, if you see no misery in society by living in mountain you feel that you have achieved akin to immortal perspective . Those novel mc just move to the mountain for meditation and practice of qi but actually they are moving away from suffering and misery polluting the human settlement as long as you see no misery,hear no misery and if you had no desire then you become heaven and earth and heaven and earth become him.

But it is nonsense, we can never be free from desire as buddha says being free from desire is also a desire. It is a never ending game and a never ending cycle.


Let's take example of Ebola

It is a terrifying virus which spreads through skin contact. In africa many innocent African children died, do you ever care about them or do you care more about passing your exam with high grades.


I know , you will say , if I was there I would have helped with all my abilities. You see, you could have also done something by donating , by reaching through the internet or just give up all your asset and and just help them because they are in need.

No, you could not do that. because we are narrow minded person, we think about ourself and our family first then we care about others.you would not help a stranger in danger.

This narrow minded is seeped in every creature of this world.if the insects looked through the eyes of falcon and see his life , he will find his life meaningless.if falcon does not look through the eyes of human , he would only be a bird in a national zoo. and humans also need to change their perspective to know if his actions have meaning or not.


You see, we all are fishes in this ocean of reality. Fishes have to survive through suffering, misery and death and their offspring has to do the same. for some it becomes easy and for some, it

doesn't'. Reality is a sea of illusion. And after that there is a more bigger illusion, no one truly understands the reality and no one is above the reality, it is the same as Dao and same as God. It is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. so yeah! God exist same as Gravity exists in this world. He is a rule, not a being.  but people who want to be immortal are just people with a strong need to know if their actions in their life is meaningful or not.


"Okay, okay I get it. You know much better than me, You are a smart ass I know, just don't lecture me like I am a student of yours otherwise I will doddle in your book".said the girl with a pouting face.


The boy did not even reply to the threat and began to stare again at the ceiling fan.As if ceiling fan is more interesting than his book.






 













2