CONSEQUENCE OF THE UNKNOWN PAST
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the shadow-like spikes were getting closer to Grace, she used the jagged edge whip to destroy all of the shadow spikes. As this was happening the blue flames seem to be consuming the shadowy figure along with the ethereal chains that seem to be holding down the shadowy figure, but in a split second the shadowy figure rushes towards Grace. The shadowy figure raises its hand to grab Grace’s mask but at that instant the blue flames start to swirl around Grace and the mask slowly cracks. A metallic hand came out of the blue flames then it grabbed the shadowy figure face and threw it against the shadow barrier breaking it instantly, this was now Grimm.

 

The shadowy figure slowly gets up and starts laughing while saying, “Well, I didn’t expect for there to be two different genders in one body, one is female the other is male but they're the same but yet they are different. The female is calm and calculated, the male is a killer and a guardian how odd this is, but this was already desti—.

 

Before the shadowy figure could finish its sentence Grimm suddenly appear before it and used the bardiche side of the scythe to cut off the shadows head but Grimm knew he didn’t killed the shadowy figure when he didn’t feel any pressure on his bardiche so he said, “Tch, I didn’t expect that people would still believe in bullshit such as fate, destiny and whatnot but I don’t like to hear those words for they make me feel as if I am a puppet for a person entertainment and that just pisses me off.”

 

The shadow tried to grabed Grimm’s hands but retreated 5 meters when it saw blue flames coming out of Grimm’s body then said, “Hmmmm, it seems that you became more cautious but at the same time you became more bold with your actions. Haaah it seems I still need to borrow some help from some of my colleagues.”

 

With that said the shadow snaps its fingers, seconds later a 50 meter ice boulder was heading towards Grimm at 250 miles per second in which Grimm responded with instantly getting his sharp edge katana in his right hand and transformed the scythe into the jagged edge katana and slashing towards the ice boulder. It split in four but was still falling, as it was crashing into the ground an ice sword seem to materialize and it flew towards Grimm's left hand and pierced his hand.

 

Grimm could hear a faint laughter in his head, then he heard Jake's voice sound all sarcastically.

 

{Question why are you playing around with them, I mean is it fun not killing them instantly but fighting a long battle? Why are you still trying to find the past that you’ve already experienced? There’s a reason why people say ‘the past is best left buried’ for there are consequences digging up the past.}

 

(Ha hahahaha, Jake I think you already know that the past is digging itself up so why bother telling me this.)

 

{Just making sure you won’t be chasing something that doesn’t exist}

 

(Fine, I’ll end this so that I can see what the future holds for me even if it’s despair)

 

After Grimm said this to Jake, he broke the ice sword as he was about to freeze the shadow Grimm saw a meteor that was 100 meters large that was going towards him at 500 miles per second, so he turn his gaze towards the meteor when doing so he made the temperature of the flames turn to absolute zero then immediately sent the absolute zero flame towards the meteor. When both collided there was a sound of glass shattering but at the same time there was volcanic eruption sound, then from the ice boulder 30 ice chains formed that wrapped around each other while heading towards the now frozen meteor. Once the ice chains merged with the frozen meteor it started to fall at a faster speed than before.

 

When Grimm saw this there was a hint of excitement in his eyes. Grimm created a crystallized rod and threw it up in the air after doing this he rushed towards the falling frozen meteor but before he got to the meteor a sound that was like an old and rusted war tank being fired for the last time, seconds later a 800 mm shell was heading towards Grimm at the speed of sound. When seeing this Grimm instantly created a large hammer that had the shape of a mallet on one side and a spiked end on the other side. With both hands he swung the hammer towards the side of the shell.

 

Once Grimm hit the shell, dust was swept away due to the impact. Grimm used his hammer to change the trajectory of the shell making it fly towards the frozen meteor, after a few seconds the shell made the frozen meteor shatter into millions of shards, but Grimm was now tired of playing around.

 

“Ok, this is getting annoying now so let’s end this.” Grimm snapped his fingers making everything in the desert return back to normal as if there was never a battle.

 

The shadowy figure didn’t show any reaction but said in a confused tone, “Well I guess good luck?”

{I —–––– won’t —––––––other –––––a long time}

 

“Huh, Jake what are you trying to say? Ah……… shit.” Grimm felt chains slowly wrapping around his feet. 

 

Grimm starts laughing then said to the shadowy figure, “I guess I’ll play the part of a fool that dives into danger won’t I.”

 

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Grimm’s Perspective ––––––——————————————

 

I felt the chains pulling my feet and legs into the bottomless abyss that’s beneath me. I can no longer hear Jake’s voice, knowing this I have a smile on my electronic mask.

 

As I arrived in the abyss, I started walking to where ever my destination will be. At some point as I walked, I could hear a child crying but the problem was I have no clue where they were.

 

“Scary uncle, can you help mommy wake up.” The child was still sobbing while asking me.

 

“I can do that kiddo, but I don’t think I can make your mother wake up to how she was originally. Are you ok with that?” Although I say this I may just be talking to air and this is some sort of test to pass.

 

“If you say that then, can you make me see her one last time.” While the child said this, I could finally see the child looked like the age of 7 couldn’t tell the gender as I got closer to the child I knew what I saw was not a child that should be alive, instead it was a child that had its head caved in from the back by a blunt object. On one side of its arm it had sharp hooks, large needles and other sharp metal pieces in it, the other arm had large glass fragments in it. The legs were twisted in unimaginable positions, as for the chest it had tons of bullet holes in it.

 

“Ok, I can do that for you kiddo.” All I felt right now was pity for the child. I snapped my fingers and a light appeared in front of the child, it was a bright silhouette of a 25 to 30 year old woman.

 

“My sweet little boy, so this is where you were. Come here my little hero, you no longer have to continue your journey of trying to save me. It’s time for us to rest.” There was a gentle and caring tone in her voice.

 

As soon as the child grabbed the glowing hand it turn to ash but there was a bright child-like silhouette standing where the child used to be.

 

“Thank you for helping my little boy, and farewell.” There was happiness from her tone, as I was about to say something they both disappeared and all I was left was darkness.

 

After I don’t know how long I finally see a door that was glowing a bright blue upon my approach, as I got closer to inspect it the top area had a sentence that read in light blue “Era of Knights who wish to pave a road to an island of happiness” I didn’t quite understand what it means but this is the only door that I see.

 

I reach towards the handle and twist it open. As I slowly opened the door there was a person that was sitting in an old looking leather chair reading a book as if waiting for me, as for the person in question they wore a cloak that was basically all black besides the blue stripes on the chest and arms area. They had a mask that covered there entire face; it was mostly grey to light black.

 

“I see so you’re finally here Grimm. I think you already know who I am, right?” The person closes their book and looks at me.

0