Chapter 2: There’s x Two
979 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah, what a wonderful day to be waking to.” Kichi loudly exclaimed as he got up from his bed. While one wouldn’t be this energetic on a Monday, today he was hopeful for things to come.

Geez, be quiet.” His sister was a bit less enthusiastic as he was. When she got up, the girl had to rub her eyes just to stay awake as they used their shared bathroom. “What’s got you so perky?”

“I’m just a little excited to see if that girl’s going to transfer into my class.” He answered. That was still a long shot at this point, but he was going to hope that his luck would be good today.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit early to have a crush on someone?” She asked as they both brushed their teeth in unison. A challenging considering they had to share one sink, but this was their morning routine on a school morning. Unlike what one might expect from an older sibling, or even based on her behavior before. Kougi didn’t tease him about it. Though given her ruffled hair and drooping eyes, she likely wasn’t in the mood for fun at the moment.

“It’s not a crush.” He denied any potential feelings. “I’m just saying, I’m in high school now. I’m going to have to get a girlfriend eventually.”

“You don’t have to have a girlfriend in high school.” She reminded him. However, the boy simply brushed off her concerns. Kichi believed she only said this because she was still single and he doubted she’d get any boys interested in her any time soon.

Sure, she had grown up fairly well between them. When they were younger, she was even taller than him before he hit his own growth spurt. Nowadays they were the same height. The only differences being her more shapely body from chest to bottom. Basically if he were not her brother, then Kichi might be more readily able to admit that boys could be interested in her. “Now out, I need to change into my uniform.”

After being forced out of the bathroom, he sighed. It was totally unfair that she got the privacy of the bathroom to change, while he was the one who did it in his room. Ultimately, it didn’t matter either way. Just that he didn’t like that she was the one who got to pick where she wanted without any input from him. That was the power of being the older sibling.

As he got change into his own uniform, a regular white button up with black blazer. Kichi couldn’t help but imagine that girl he met yesterday wearing the girl’s version. She’d look so cute in their frilly plaid skirt. It was enough to make him blush just thinking about it.

“Hmm…” Maybe Kougi was right after all. He was getting to be a bit girl crazy after a chance encounter. Obviously there was no way that girl felt the way about him. He was just some guy who could get lost in a crowd. Kichi picked up his coin from the night stand and stared at it for a moment. Without saying a word, he flipped it and allowed it to hit the ground. “Heads… Good.”

He sighed in relief as he picked it up. Silently, he had asked the coin to make the decision on if he should trying talking with that girl again should they happen to run into each other. Tails would’ve been to drop the chance, which he didn’t want to do. But if it did land on it, he’d accept the outcome. After all, this had never once led him astray.

After that, the rest of his morning went by as usual. There was breakfast with the family, the walk to school with his sister, and the part where they separated. Were it not for yesterday, he would assume that going forward would also be the same as it had been. The first factor contributing to it not being a normal day would be how it began.

That being him running into Airi once again. Though this time he reacted much better and avoided getting either of them falling onto the ground. “Cool, I’m sure glad to run into you.” He said with a spark in his eye. She, on the other hand, did not share his enthusiasm.

“What are you talking about?” She responded, raising her brow. “Are you some kind of pervert? We literally ran into each other and you’re happy about it?”

“What?” He was unsure of how to respond. Last time he had seen her, she was quite kind. This version of her was more like the first time. “But, we saw each other again. You even told me you were transferring to my school.”

“I never told you that.” Though given where they were currently talking at, it was the truth. “I have no idea how you figured that you. If I find out you’re some kind of stalker, I’ll report you to the authorities.” With that, she turned up her head and walked away from him. Kichi made no attempt to stop her as she went into the sea of other students. He was in too much shock over this girl’s hot and cold nature.

“Sheesh, maybe I shouldn’t touch her with a ten foot pole.” He muttered to himself. If that was how she was going to be, then he’d be better off not bothering. It would be disappointing after his anticipation, but that’s what he got for getting his hopes up.

With his head hung down, the boy walked into his own classroom. There he was greeted with the same sight he always had. His seatmate and close friend, Chuuya Asahara. Some one who he cared a lot about, but also had some reservations due to certain aspects of their relationship.

“You’re a little late, did that coin of yours tell you to go somewhere else first?” This dude had to be one of his lucky coin’s biggest haters. To be fair, it was less hating on the item and more mocking him relying on it so much.

“For your information, I just happened to run into someone. A cute girl, actually.” Kichi meant this as a means to brag to his friend. However, this only opened him up to be made fun of again. “She mentioned she was a new transfer student.”

“So another girl you’re never going to date.” His friend continued to make fun of him. “Let’s face it, you’d never have the guts to ask a girl out. Not unless that coin of yours told you to.”

“Well, it’s never let me down before.” He defended himself. “Not everyone knows how they’re going to answer everything that happens. What’s wrong with relying on a little bit of help?” It didn’t do much to change anyone’s mind, but this was a daily occurrence for them at this point. Anything but that would be deviating from the norm.

So they continued on to begin their school day. As fate would have it, the first thing their teacher announced would be the arrival of new transfer students. For a moment he thought his ears had deceived him, but she reiterated that it was plural. There would be more than one new student for their class.

“That’s not something you hear everyday.” It surprised Chuuya enough to warrant a comment made. Generally speaking, one would expect there to be only one, so that classes can remain mostly even after the addition of transfer students coming after the beginning of the school year. “Why would they do that?”

They would get their answer soon as the two girls walked into the classroom. It wasn’t just any two girls either. Kichi was certain he was seeing double.

“What? That’s Airi…” He said as his jaw dropped upon seeing two lookalike girls. “And… Another Airi!?” The boy was so shocked by this reveal that he couldn’t stop himself from rushing up to the front to stare at the pair. His teacher would’ve told him to return to his seat to not cause a scene. However the sight was interesting enough that she was wiling to watch the drama unfold. “But… How… There’s… Two?”

“Oh, look sis. It’s that boy I ran into yesterday.” One of them said, seeming to be glad about this development. “So we do get to be in the same class together.”

“Yeah…” The other one wasn’t as happy with the sight. “That’s also the boy I ran into yesterday… And this morning.”

“I can’t believe it. This entire time I thought you were just one person.” He responded, still bewildered about how his interactions with the two of them led to this moment. “How does that even work?”

“Um, we’re twins?” The upbeat one answered. “Duh.”

“And we have our own lives.” Said the dim one. “It’s not like we’re always sticking to each other by the hip just because we’re twins.”

“Can you sit down so they can introduce themselves?” Someone in his class spoke up.

“Be quiet, I’m still trying to make sense of this!” In his emotional state, he argued back that he was somehow more important in this case. The rest of the class didn’t mind seeing this happen to start off their day. It certainly gave some interesting entertainment to mix up their normal routines. Plus, it would make for a funny post on social media to farm up some likes.

“Don’t worry, we can kill two birds with one stone.” One of the twins figured out a simple resolution to this problem. “I’m Airi Enishi.” If he hadn’t already figured it out due to their personalities. She just confirmed to him that she was the nicer one he met yesterday.

“And I’m Aoi Enishi.” Said the other one, now giving the name he had yet to know.

“And we’re twins!” Airi leaned forward a bit and put up her hand to make half a heart pattern. “Aoi, come on. Do it like how we practiced.” She whispered over to her sister as everyone just stared at her making a dumb pose.

“Ugh, fine.” Aoi had little choice but to complete the heart in front of the class. “We’re twins all right.” Standing the way they were to him, Kichi felt as though he was looking at a person lean up against a mirror. Their appearances were nearly the exact same.

32