Chapter 7: Lost x Time
501 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So I gotta go to their house soon, huh?” As a result of the coin toss, Kichi was now placed in the situation of being the one to talk to Aoi. While it was what he wanted in the end, there was still some worry brewing inside the boy.

What was he going to say? How would she react to him asking such personal questions? Those were the thoughts running through his mind as Kichi laid out across the couch in his living room. It’s not as though Aoi was a super scary person, but she certain could be standoffish.

“Yo, what are you doing?” His thoughts were disrupted when a bag landed on his stomach. It caused him to jolt right up into a sitting position. The cause of his physical troubles was his sister, Kougi. She had just arrived back home after making a quick stop to the convenience store.

Yet again they were alone in their house. It was common for both their parents to be out and about on a weekend like today. These two were grown up now, so neither needed any particular supervision from adults.

“I’m just thinking about stuff.” He responded irritably. This girl had a lot of nerve distracting him. It seemed she always did these things to annoy him. “Unlike you, I actually use my brain.”

“Well would a brainless girl buy your favorite ice cream?” She pulled out a small tub for one of his favorite, chocolate. He attempted to make a grab for it, but she quickly pulled it out of his reach. “Ah ah ah, I guess I’m so brainless I can’t give it to you.”

“I’m sorry.” He gave a halfhearted apology, then made another attempt to get it. Yet again she kept it away from his hands.

“Just help me put this stuff away and we can both enjoy our treats.” She giggled, walking away and into the kitchen. Begrudgingly, he had no other choice but to follow. Kichi did as she asked and soon they were able to enjoy the spoils of extras she brought along after her trip.

“I think I spoil you too much.” She said as they popped open their bottles of drinks to go along their ice cream. An odd combo, one that certainly wasn’t healthy for bodies old or young. Though neither of them cared due to this heat wave that seemed to be plaguing their town at the moment. Hopefully the forecast wouldn’t be incorrect in saying that it would end be the start of the school week.

“More like mom and dad spoil us too much.” He replied. None of the money she spent was any that she earned on some part time job. Their parents really trusted her to make some decisions when they knew they’d be gone for a while. “I don’t want to bite the hand that feeds me, but shouldn’t you not be wasting it on things like this ice cream and drinks?”

“Whatever, I still got everything they asked me to get.” She brushed off his concerns as they continued to lay back and check out whatever was on TV. “Besides, what’s wrong with being a bit selfish on a day like today? We don’t have to worry about a single thing at all and it’s great.”

“Actually, I was going to head out in a little bit.” He told her.

“Oh? Going to hang out with Chuuya?”

“I’m just going out to take care of something.” He replied.

“Ooh.” She leaned in closer on him with a mischievous smile on her face. He didn’t like to lie to her directly. Mainly because she’d probably turn it around on him somehow. So usually when he didn’t want to tell her the truth, he pull the lie by omission. The problem by now was that she knew this to be the case. So Kougi took advantage of this instance for her own personal fun. “You wanting to sneak off somewhere?”

“It’s none of your business.” As they sat on the couch, he felt himself losing ground to her as she pressed up against the boy. “Just because no boys are interested in you doesn’t mean you need to bother me all the time.” As always, he went for the fact she was seemingly stuck in a single life to insult her. It was easy to do as her brother, seeing as he never saw her be with any boy.

“Maybe I’m just a total brocon.” She joked. “But what’s wrong with a big sister worried about her little brother going somewhere on his own? What if mom or dad comes home and asks where you are? I can’t just tell them I don’t know.” She also continued to press up against him.

When they were younger, she would always take advantage of being the one to hit puberty first. Before they were teens, and even a good couple years into their teenage years, she was taller than him. That combined with her being a little stronger allowed her to pull these stunts off without him being able to counter.

Nowadays he had caught up to her growth. So they were of the same height and even same strength. Though he chose to hold back since she was his sister who was just having some fun.

“Can’t you give me some room?” He remarked. At some point, something was going to have to give. In this case, that would be him slipping up and falling onto his back. Only quick think and reflexes were enough to keep him from landing on their hard floors. “Geez, you almost made me drop my-”

“Wee!” Kougi had no care for his concerns and simply followed him. She landed right atop him without using any hands to break the fall as they were filled with her ice cream and her drink. That left her breasts to be the only cushioning for her as he felt them squishing up on top of his chest. “Aren’t you in a bad spot?”

“Kougi.” He was more aware of what he was feeling compared to her. “Can’t you at least act like the older sibling?”

“Not until you tell me where you’re going.” She replied. The girl left even less space between them as she got her face up into his face. He hated that smug look on her face as some drops of their melting ice cream ran down his arm.

“I’m going to Airi’s house.” He finally relented and gave her the answer. “Happy now?”

“You’re going there!?” In a complete reversal to her attitude just a moment ago. Kougi’s smug demeanor was replaced with one of concern. The girl immediately got up from him and finally the boy got to have some breathing room. “What’s been going on this week? You’re moving way too quickly.”

“So much for being the carefree one.” He muttered as he sat up. Her concerns did little to trouble him as he took another bite of ice cream. “I’m just going over to talk to her sister. It’s just a favor I’m doing to help Airi out.”

“Wait? Airi has a sister?” She couldn’t believe that her brother not only had met a supposedly cute girl, but that girl also had a sibling?

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you.” He went on to explain to her about how Airi and Aoi were twins that he had ran into on separate occasions. Which would explain why what they original thought was one girl to have such separate personalities. “So I guess you could say I met two new girls.”

“I can’t believe this is the first I’m hearing of this.” She hung her head down in exaggerated disappointment. He rolled his eyes at this sight. This girl was making it seem a bit more dramatic than it really was. “You really are a high school boy now.”

“I think you got a little too used to being the only high schooler between us.” He dismissed her visible worries without a care in the world. “I’m not a little boy anymore, but it’s not why I’m going over there. Like I said, I’m just doing a favor for one of them.”

“But if you are growing up…” She slung a hand over his shoulder. “Does that mean I have to give you... The talk?”

“I think that’s something dad should talk to me about!” He shook her hand off him in embarrassment. The thought of having to talk about such private relational matters with his own sister sent chills down his spine. Though she did make a good point in that someone like her, who was closer in age, would relate better.

“I’m just kidding.” She laughed, returning to her more characteristic mood. “But seriously, stop trying to rush into a relationship. There’s nothing wrong with waiting a little longer.”

“I already told you it’s not like that.” He checked his phone and found their conversation had now taken more time than he planned. “Great, now you’re going to make me late.” He sighed and shook his head in disappointment. “I need to go now.”

“Okay then.” She quickly stole his small ice cream cup from his hands.

“Hey!” He protested her theft, but she simply dismissed him.

“You weren’t going to finish it, so I’ll make sure it doesn’t go to waste.” That was her answer as she already put the little spoon in her mouth. “Bye-bye now.” She waved a little wave at him.

“Fine.” He gave up and got up from his seat. “I’ll see you later.”

23