Chapter 11: Sleep x Over
474 14 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I can’t believe you really want to spend the night here already.” Aoi was unsurprisingly upset with the new she received upon getting out of the bathroom. “Airi, we barely know them.”

“But Kichi’s a pretty nice guy and his sister seems nice too.” The boy had no clue how she had come to that conclusion by now. While he wasn’t against being viewed as kind. His sister had hardly acted like someone their age during this visit so far.

“But we’re not even prepared to sleep over here.” She replied. This prompted Airi to lean in a whisper to her twin sister.

“Is it because you’re worried you might have another nighttime incident?” It wasn’t that quiet since Kichi was able to hear it clearly enough.

“Shut up about that!” Aoi was fuming over this being brought up in front of the boy. “It was when we were in kindergarten.” The girl attempted to explain herself to the boy in hasty fashion. “I swear we were super little. You better not dare laugh or I’ll kill you!”

“Wasn’t planning on it.” She had a fist right in front of his face as the boy leaned back a bit. Getting on her bad side now would spell disastrous for his physical health. “But I do have to agree with Aoi, it’s not like we have extra beds for you to sleep on.”

“Bah, you all sweat the details too much.” Suddenly, Kougi appeared behind him and wrapped her arm over the back of his neck. “What’s wrong with sleeping on the ground for a night? We’ve got nice carpet and all.”

“That’s easy for you to say.” He knocked off her arm in aggressive fashion. “Why can’t you at least care about others for once? Maybe Aoi and Airi don’t want to do that.”

“I don’t mind it.” Already, the nicer twin had undermined his stance. “When we were first moving in, the two of us had to sleep on the floor for a couple of nights.”

“Yeah, that’s not really a problem.” Aoi agreed for once. Unfortunately for him, despite her being against the idea. The girl was still willing to spend the night here if her sister was going to do that same. As they chatted, it was now late enough into the day that Kichi’s and Kougi’s parents had returned home from work. The pair got into the house to see their children talking to new people.

“Oh, I didn’t realize we were going to have guests today.” Said Kankuu, their dad. “Good thing I’m still dressed properly.

“You must be the nice young ladies my son’s been talking about.” Said Chiseno, their mom. Everyone introduced themselves to each other for their first meeting. “I hope they haven’t given you two too much trouble.”

“Not at all.” While Airi had been enjoying herself during their stay here. Aoi certainly didn’t, but the latter didn’t speak up about the stuff that occurred while the adults were away. “These two are real nice.”

“By the way mom, is it okay if they spend the night here?” Kougi asked. Even though they were talking earlier about going through with the plan just moments ago. They had yet to get permission from their parents.

“Sure, go ahead.” However, the reason they had no doubt in their minds came from their parents complete trust in them. They assumed their kids were able to take care of themselves responsibly now that they were in high school. While Kichi was glad to be taken seriously in his life. He did have concerns on Kougi being given such free rain.

“Awesome thanks!” She expressed her gratitude as their parents left them to head into their own bedroom.

“So how are we going to handle the sleeping arrangement?” He asked. “How about you sleep with me in my room, and the twins can just take yours for the night?” Kichi offered. While he knew it would be insufferable to have to share with his older sister. It seemed to make the most sense in his mind. Considering the size of their rooms. Putting all four of them in one of them would be uncomfortable, to say the least, though doable.

“My, you want to get freaky while we have guests?” Kougi responded with a sly false innocent look.

“That’s not what I’m saying at all!” He yelled back. Even now she was trying to humiliate and make him look back in front of the girls. It was obvious this was her plan in offering the sleepover, but he didn’t expect her to keep doing it so often.

“It’d kind of be weird if we stayed over and all we did was share a room together.” Airi butted into their conversation. “Wouldn’t it just make sense if the four of us were just all in the same room.”

“I don’t trust sharing a room with him.” Aoi responded to that suggestion. She was on board with what Kichi had offered, but knew it made little sense to just do that. At that point, the twins might’ve well just leave and go home instead. “When we go to sleep we can do that, but I can live just hanging out late in one room.”

“It’s settled then.” Kichi took that and decided they would all do that without any futher input. “Now let’s all go into Kougi’s room.”

“Whoa, why we gotta go there?” Now it was his sister’s turn to go against his wishes. “You’re the one who met them first. We should all go inside yours.”

“Plus you already got to go to see my room.” Airi gave another reason for overriding him on this matter. It was only fair that the twins got to see his room if he already got to see one of theirs.

“Fine.” He relented. It wasn’t something he looked forward to, but at least it wasn’t another plan from his sister to embarrass him further. “I’m telling you right now though, there’s nothing special in it.”

He wasn’t lying. When they walked into his room, which was slightly cramped due to being smaller than his sister’s room. There was little of note in her to scream any sense of personality. He had a table in the middle for when Chuuya came by and they did homework together. There was a bed like everyone else’s with a plain blanket and bed sheets.

“You’re right.” Aoi commented as she scanned the room. “I thought you’d have some weird posters or something.”

“I’m really not the pervert you think I am.” He replied, though he would admittedly wouldn’t mind have some posters of hot girls on his walls.

“She’s only saying that because she has plenty of posters on her walls.” Airi said, which piqued his interest.

“Of what?”

“None of your business!” Aoi was quick to put a stop to his line of questioning. She was adamant in ensuring he had no clue of were plastered on her walls. So much so that it made him wonder if they were of the variety of being inappropriate. Then again, considering the posters he saw hung up on Airi’s walls. It probably wasn’t anything different from those which were merchandise of popular anime. This girl was on the more shy side it seemed, so he figured she overreacted to the thought of him figuring out.

“Anyway, how about we all sit around the table.” He directed them to the table, which was also a kotatsu. However since it was summer, there was no need to turn this on for them to enjoy its warmth. “I do got some video games or maybe we can play some card games.” Meanwhile, he went over to his entertainment section, which comprised of a small TV and game console. Stacked by it were a deck of regular playing cards he would use when hanging out with Chuuya.

“Wow so bold.” Kougi made a mischievous remark. “You want to play strip poker?”

“That’s literally not what I said.” He responded in the same fashion as he always did when she said something stupid.

“You must not be a boy then.” She joked. “Having three cute girls in your room and not wanting to take advantage of it.” There were many other reasons for him not wishing to do that that had nothing to do with his personal interests. One of which being that one of these so-called cute girls, as she put it, was his own sister.

“If we’re playing something that dumb, then I’m taking Airi and going home.” Aoi squinted her eyes towards Kichi. He had no idea why she directed her fury towards him. It was his sister who suggested the dumb idea in the first place.

“Don’t worry, my brother’s not that big of a pervert.” Said Kougi. “Actually, I have a better idea we could do with a game of poker.” She suggested they should play the game of poker, however instead of risking coins or chips as they were called. They could put something else on the line. “What about truth-or-dare poker?”

20