Chapter 26: Fateful x Encounter
351 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey come on now.” Meanwhile, Kichi was still dealing with his own personal issues. That being his sister getting a little too close to his face. While this wasn’t unusually in their standard relationship, as she always disrespected his personal space. Now that the boy was aware of certain important factors. There was no way for him to be comfortable with this already uncomfortable situation.

“If you want to stop me, just do it.” She responded, barely slowing down in front of him. Kougi knew it was wrong to continue these games. Eventually, she was bound to not only make a mistake, but also do something they could regret for the rest of their lives in this forbidden knowledge.

Kichi put his hands onto her chest as she got close. It wasn’t an ideal location for him, but due to her distance there was nowhere else for him to touch. So he ended up getting a nice squeeze onto her breasts instead, which only served to make this moment much more intimate. “Maybe you… Want me to keep going?”

“It’s not that.” He replied. Though his actions, or rather inaction, said otherwise. If the boy didn’t want her to kiss him on the lips, to make that forbidden move between them as siblings. Then all he had to do was say no or even just push her off him. Yet his mouth failed to form the words. His hands failed to make the motions as she got close enough that he could feel her breath on his face.

“I’m going to-” She was about to cross the line when they were interrupted by a ringing doorbell. The shock came about so suddenly that he tensed up and pushed her off him in a near instant. She helped along with that by falling backwards in fear they might’ve been caught in a bad position.

“Oh, I guess someone’s come by.” He spoke, trying to calm his nerves. Kichi had to take several deep breaths before he could collect himself to answer the door. A part of him thanked his lucky coin for giving him an out. At the same time, it was almost disappointing they didn’t go any further.

His heart skipped another beat when that thought ran in his mind. Did he really want to actually kiss his sister? That was absurd. Sure, there are some families who kiss each other on the lips in a friendly sort of way. But that was not what they were about to do, nor had that ever been a thing in their family. It reminded him of the kiss she sneaked on him during their game of truth or dare poker. That one was completely different than what they were about to do.

After getting himself under control for the second time in as many seconds. Kichi was able to be the one to answer the door to see whoever their potential guests were. “Oh, I didn’t think you two were coming over.” To his surprise, it was the twins standing before him.

“There’s really not much to do at home right now.” Aoi was the first one to respond to his inquires to their reasons on dropping by.

“Yeah, and we were hoping that maybe you wanted to hang out with us.” He saw that Airi did the same technique she had done before when they spent that afternoon together. Smart as if he rejected them, he’d have the thought of them walking all the way home on his conscience.

“Sure, come on in.” He accepted them anyway though. It was a good excuse in trying to move past what had just transpired in the living room moments before they arrived. They entered to see Kougi sitting on the couch as if nothing unusual had occurred.

Kichi would’ve been shocked at how quick she was able to change her tune. At least, he would’ve been were it not for how much experience he had with the girl. She was either an amazing actor or most of this stuff didn’t faze her as much as it did for him. Maybe their parents had a point in believing she was more mature than him.

“It’s cool you two are here.” Said Kougi in greeting them. “Me and Kichi were just watching some TV. I don’t know why you wanted to come over though. That boy’s kind of a bore sometimes.” He glared at her, slightly upset at her description of him. The boy would like to believe himself interesting enough not to be a bore. That said, he also had a hint she may have said that as a means to get the girls to leave. She knew it wouldn’t work, but one did miss all the shots they didn’t take.

“Anyway.” He made his presence known once again, not wanting the spotlight to shine on her longer than it needed to. “How about the three of us go to my room?” Kichi made that suggestion so that he wouldn’t have to be stuck with his sister and these girls at the same time again. Aside from the tension between brother and sister. The boy also figured she’d have some plans on humiliating him again to these twins.

“I can’t join?” Asked Kougi as she stared at him with the icy coldness of a harsh blizzard. When he affirmed that he’d only like the twins with him, she crossed her arms and pouted at him. “You’re always no fun.” There was this act again that made him question how she was his older sister. Sometimes it felt like to him that she was his younger sister, but with a much bigger gap in age than the one they had in reality.

“It’s kind of weird to have you two in my room all the time.” He joked as they finally found some privacy.

“We’re lucky it’s with the both of us.” Said Aoi. Indeed it may be viewed as a big moment if a boy and girl were alone in one of their rooms. Since there were the twins, it didn’t feel as strange nor special. He could agree with her that it was also fortunate. Mainly because he’d likely earn a knuckle sandwich by Aoi regardless of who between them were alone with him.

“Say how about we play some games?” Already Airi had dove down to his small television and old game console besides it. Without asking, the girl had already picked out some games to put in and started things up.

“I didn’t think anyone would care about that old thing.” He commented at her swift enthusiasm. While it was somewhat expected from his interactions with the girl. Kichi was still surprised anyone would care about his old Gamestation 3. It was something his parents got for him on discount where it was already outdated due to the fourth iteration coming out. Nowadays there was even a Gamestation 5 out in stores, so he was sure no one would want to deal with this aged machine.

“Just because it’s old doesn’t mean it’s boring.” Aoi said, sitting down besides her sister. “We play a lot of older games too, so it’s not a big deal for us.”

“Okay, well I guess we can do this.” He wasn’t sure what to make of these two girls wanting to play video games with him. On on hand, it was nice to have girls with these interests to share for a guy like him. At the same time, since they had just wanted to play this as the first thing to do with a boy in his room. It almost came across that he might’ve been in what a lot of people call the friend-zone with these twins. Hopefully that wasn’t the case, but it admittedly wouldn’t be the worst thing either. It’s not as if he decided to pursue either of them romantically.

“Great!” Airi let out a cheer putting up an arm in excitement. She had already put in some old game call ‘Monster Spirits’. If he could recall correctly, this was the beginning of a long running franchise of games known for their challenging gameplay that bordered on near impossible to beat. In fact, the company just released a game called ‘Elder Band” just some weeks ago to tons of praise and hype. With them playing this instead made it seem like they lived in an entirely different decade from the world outside.

“Here, how about you sit here?” Aoi patted the pillow besides her to give him permission to join them.

“Or you could sit here.” Airi mirrored her, patting a spot right besides her instead.

“Uh…” Of course, this had predictable results for Kichi.

15