Chapter 40: Feeling x Selfish
256 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now was going to be the best chance she had, thought Airi. If Aoi was literally a mere sentence away from confessing to Kichi. Then there was no time for her to waste. She hadn’t even had much time to get to know the boy. Which meant he also didn’t know enough of her either.

This was the chance she had been looking for after learning of her own sister’s feelings for this boy. There wasn’t much time to lose knowing that he could be swept up by Aoi in any moment. What had occurred earlier in the day proved just how close of a call she had just endured. Now it was time to go all out.

“This looks like a good spot to hang out.” She had led him to an unplanned spot. A large public park that was set next to a river. There weren’t many places she could come up with to bring him to. While she wasn’t as new to this town as she used to be when they first met. Her unfamiliarity with both the location and the boy himself caused her to be unsure of where someone like him would want to go.

“Sounds good to me.” Thankfully, she made a good decision as he went along with it. “It’s a nice change of pace after all the crazy stuff that’s happened today.” Kichi had been a bit stressed himself, worried over Aoi’s health. After all, he was the one who witnessed her falling down into his arms. So the impact of the moment hit harder on him as a result.

“Let’s sit under this tree together then.” She took advantage of him wanting to relax by leading him to a more secluded location in the park. It was a tree which had a fair number of bushes surrounding it. So most people at the park wouldn’t see them as they sat against the tree.

It brought a smile on his face as they found their little place away from the world. Compared to most things that happened with the twins ever since he met them. This was easily the most normal and calm it had ever been. Being able to sit here alone with a cute girl was almost enough to cause him to forget about the troubles with Aoi. But only almost.

Meanwhile, Airi got herself psyched up as she finally had some alone time with the boy. She could tell with the many things that happened with Aoi. That she had gotten a little bit left behind in this rivalry for Kichi’s heart. Even if neither of them had made much in the way of proper moves.

That ended now as she leaned into him, her arms wrapping around his body.

“Feeling kind of touchy, aren’t you?” He responded. Kichi hadn’t gotten the meaning behind this move. At this point, he took it as Airi being who she was. An excitable person who didn’t understand the meaning of personal space. At the same time, he also had a suspicion that she could be looking for someone to comfort her as trouble had befallen her twin.

“Yeah, you could say that.” She replied. This should’ve been the time where she got a little closer. This should’ve been the time where she made her intentions to him clearer. However, there was something in the back of her mind that held her back. It was the thought of knowing Aoi was either still passed out, or otherwise unaware of what was occurring here while she was gone.

She felt that sense of guilt, but Airi didn’t think she should be feeling this way. After all, while it seemed unfair to her sister. That other girl did it first with her attempt to confess to Kichi without telling her. Not that telling her would’ve changed anything anyway. If Airi knew about it, then she’d probably respond with hoping it wouldn’t happen. But also adding in that she’d accept the result should he accept the confession. “Kichi, can I ask you a question?”

“You can just ask me.” He answered. “You don’t need my permission or anything to ask questions, do you?”

“Do you think I’m a bad person?” She asked. It caught him completely by surprise. While Aoi might appear the type of person to ask this kind of question. He never considered Airi to be someone to be self-conscious of their own actions. In fact, if she was a bad person, then he would’ve thought she wouldn’t even care about that.

“What? Of course you’re not.” He told her. “Both you and Aoi are great people. I love spending time with both of you. So where’s this coming from?”

“But I chose to be with you right now.” She couldn’t blame the coin for leading her to this position. She was the one who chose to defy it’s decision. If she was more like him, then the girl would be sitting next to Aoi’s bed right now. Waiting for that girl to wake back up and tell her all about what happened today. “That makes me a bad sister, doesn’t it?”

“I don’t know about that.” He thought about it own experiences with Kougi whenever one of them got sick. They usually stuck by each other to tend while both their parents were at work. The only time they left each other alone during those matters were to go to school. Obviously the person who was ill didn’t take any issue with that.

Now that he thought about the times when he was sick. Kichi grew to realize she was extra doting during those times. How he never noticed the change in attitude coming from her was beyond him. Probably due to the fevers distracting him as she would get a little touchy with the boy’s face. Wow it was really obvious back in the day.

Either way, the two did usually care for one another when they were in trouble. She even helped him out when it came to the two girls. So it would logically mean they should always stick together. However even he knew that despite being family. Eventually they would have to branch out from each other. Something Kougi likely didn’t want to do because of her love for him, but he was kind of not in the same boat. Okay, he might have some issues relating to her he needed to work out, but the point was still the same. “It’s nice you care about me a lot too, right?”

“W-what do you mean?” She stuttered, worried he might’ve figured her out already somehow.

“That you already hold me on a similar level to Aoi of all people. I kind of like it.” He clarified, still showing his ignorance. “As long as you don’t abandon her when something super serious is happening. Then I’m sure she’ll be fine. It makes me happy you want to be with me right now.”

“It does, huh?” She stopped for a bit to ponder the situation. This really was happening right now. Airi had somehow already gotten a foot into the door when it came to his heart. “Then, it would be a shame if our day already ended, don’t you think?”

“A little bit, yeah.” Said Kichi. “But it’s not like we don’t see each other in class every day. So I can live with saying goodbye.”

“But I don’t want to right now.” She tightened her grip on his shirt. It was at this moment he felt something changing with her. Like she had gotten closer to him, both physically and mentally. “I want to… Go home with you.” The tone of her voice changed to something more soft. Something more controlled.

“What?” His heart beating steadily got faster as they continued to sit besides one another. Was she… Hitting on him? This sounded like to him that Airi wanted to get closer and be more than just friends.

It seemed like a dream. Something that he honestly wanted when he met her for the first time. A girl with her beauty being in love with him was a fantasy. Almost too good to be true in reality. Yet here they were under a tree, with her getting closer to him by the second.

“Please?” She gave him puppy dog eyes in her attempt to plead for him to accept her request. “I don’t want this to end just yet.” This had to be it, he thought. Today, he might no longer be a Kichi who was a single high school boy.

“W-well…” He fake coughed, gaining space from her as he tried to calm his nerves. “I guess there’s nothing wrong with you coming to my place.” The boy knew his response would be of utmost importance. Normally he would consult the lucky coin to tell him what to do. However, that would ruin the mood regardless of the results. So he was left with no choice but to be the one to make the choice. “I like being with you so… Let’s go then.”

“That’s great!” Her voice returned back to her usual cheerful self. Almost as if her previous form was just an act. However, it was simply due to her excitement. For Airi knew she was one step closer to achieving her goal.

15