Chapter 47: Jealous x Scared
198 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, uh…” The pair were not expecting her to ask such a bold question. Airi thought she would’ve just figured something was up, but not bring it up in public. However having to have dealt with the annoyance of what happened because those two decided to sneak off somewhere struck a nerve with Aoi.

“Well? What were you two up to?” She squinted at them, waiting for their response.

“I mean, it’s just the restrooms.” Kichi spoke first to come up with an excuse. “Nothing wrong with her taking a quick stop there, right?”

“She only told me she was coming to bring you here.” She replied. It had been noted that he would be unaware of where they decided on next. Instead of messaging him like normal people, Airi somehow convinced the girl to allow her to walk over and lead him here. A plan that took more effort than necessary and only caused more problems, if anything. “D-did you… Kiss?” Asked Aoi.

“No…” He answered. It was the truth, but only because the reason for this was something much more inappropriate. She raised an eyebrow to that statement. It would be easy to assume they were just sneaking one behind her back. Not that there would be anything necessarily wrong with it. Airi was dating him after all. Just that she would’ve preferred they not be so secretive when she’s also a part of this relationship. He was the one who said he’d treat them equally.

“Sure.” She let it go for now. While Aoi couldn’t let go of it emotionally, thinking that perhaps he had done something with Airi because he preferred that girl over him. That would just be another case of someone failing to keep a promise. “Let’s just go play that gun game over there.”

She moved along their date to their next location. It was a game with light guns where players took on hordes of zombies in a house. The name of the game being, ‘Home of the not Alive’. A classic title which had numerous releases and updates throughout the franchise.

“Kind of a shame it’s only for two players.” He commented as the pair of twins both took a gun. They didn’t seem to mind not allowing him into the game, which led to the boy somewhat awkwardly standing off to the side to watch. As Aoi looked at her weapon, she pointed it right at him. Were it a real gun, he’d have real concerns about her pulling the trigger.

“Okay, got the coins in. Let’s shoot some zombies!” Said Airi as they got the game started. While their game went through the standard process of being on rails with tons of monsters for them to blow the heads off of. Kichi felt like there was a divide between himself and Aoi. It was fair coming from her, since he had gone behind her back yet was unwilling to admit the truth to her.

He knew what he promised them, but being actually tested in practice was something he didn’t expect on how it would go. Perhaps he shouldn’t have been so arrogant before, but at least he knew that he needed to do whatever it took make things right.

“Aoi…” So he decided now was the time to do it, and this would be the right spot. Even though they were out in the open, the place was loud enough that he knew no one else would listen in to their conversation.

“Kind of busy right now.” She replied, continuing to rapid fire her way through the zombies. The only time where she took breaks were during the short sequences where they moved locations. “Can it wait? You’re distracting me.” There was nothing worse in her mind than interruptting someone’s gaming time. One needed to place full attention to succeeding or else they would end up tripping up once and dying quickly.

“No, it can’t.” He responded and continued talking to her. “You see, we did some things by the restrooms when you were alone.”

“I figured that much.” She said, leaning her head back and forth as if actually dodging the attacks from the game in real life. “I’m not that mad about you kissing her if that’s the problem.” She figured they’d eventually get to that part. Of course, she imagined it would take a little future than the first date, but it wasn’t as if she was aware of the pace her sister wanted.

“It’s not that.” He clarified. “I… Touched her.” After admitting what had been done in secret to her. Aoi slowly turned her head, her eyes wide and mouth dropped. She had forgotten about the game in front of them as Airi freaked out over the impending flood of zombies descending upon them.

“Aoi! Aoi, the game!” She attempted to get her attention, but it was no use and they were taken down with little effort.” Aw… Game over…” Defeated, she hung her head down and returned the gun back into its holding spot. Airi looked over to the pair, who were still engaged in a stare between each other. Their faces growing red enough that it appeared they were sharing a blush.

“What do you mean by that?” She asked quietly. Despite asking the question, it was one where she already knew the answer to it. “Where?”

“It was a… Private spot.” He gingerly made his response, finally losing eye contact with her due to the inability to keep a straight face while saying. She paused for a moment to take in the bombshell he just dropped onto her. Then suddenly, Aoi grabbed him and Airi’s hands and immediately pulled them away with her.

“We’re done here.” She said as they were dragged along.

“Hey I’m sorry.” He tried to calm her down from this rage he assumed was occurring. “It wasn’t my intention to make you feel left out or make you-”

“I’m not mad.” She responded as they exited the building. “Do you know a place we could go to where no one else is?”

“There’s an outlook I never see anyone go to.” He said, pointing in the general direction. Though it also was a place he never found himself in. So Kichi couldn’t say with complete confidence that no one would be there. She took it as good enough and walked there, letting go of her grip on both the others. Now they were free to follow her of their own accord.

She acted strangely to him. She claimed to not be upset, but then what was up with her actions. Did she take his promise literally that he would treat them equally? Perhaps she wanted him to do to her what he had done to her twin?

“Good, no one’s here.” She said as they reached their destination. It was around a corner, so no one walking by would be able to look in unless they walked in themselves. It was also overlooking some nice scenery where those below would not be able to see up to them either.

“I think I know what’s going on here.” He said as she leaned over the railing to enjoy the sights. “Go ahead and lift up your skirt.”

“Can’t you wait a second for me to talk first!?” She once again got flustered at his forward suggestion. “Sheesh, you guys are always thinking I’m the weirdest person ever.”

“What you just did was kind of weird.” Said Airi. “If you’re mad, just tell us.”

“I’m not mad.” She reiterated once again. Though her tone made it difficult for either of them to believe her. “Like, I am a little jealous, but I don’t hate you for doing it or anything.” Aoi crossed her arms in nervous fashion. Clear she was worried about what the future would hold.

“Yeah, and I want to make it up to you.” He said, getting closer to her. “I promise to be fair to both of you. So if I just do the same-”

“No, it’s not that simple!” She finally did turn angry from his constant need to serve her. “It’s not that easy to be fair to us just by doing the same exact thing!”

14