Chapter 50: Unsettled x Date
183 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a regular weekend afternoon, Kichi had no current plans in mind as he lazed on the couch, watching television. He contemplated how he might be wasting his youth if this was all he had to do at home. So maybe it might be a good idea to invite the twins over for some fun or even ask to come to their place. Whatever that may entail.

He sent a quick message to Airi asking them if they could come over. With little time needed to wait, he received a response that they would be coming over soon. They must’ve been pretty bored like himself and needed an excuse to leave the house too. The same would go for Kougi as he saw her exiting her room.

She looked stunning in her dress. Kichi rarely saw her like this outside of the time when they went on their own personal outing together. It was clear she didn’t plan on staying cooped up inside in that outfit.

“Where are you going?” He asked, unable to help himself but to stare a bit at her beauty.

“Ooh, I got a my first date with Nao.” She exclaimed, unable to hide away her glee. Kougi appeared to be taking her moving on very well. In fact, more than just that. She seemed even happier than before. “I hope he likes my dress.”

“I’m sure he will.” Kichi knew he would, then once again had to mentally slap himself to keep thoughts like that out of his mind. He was the one who said it was wrong, yet he continued to entertain it like he was doing her a favor. “Anyway, don’t want to keep him waiting now, do you?”

“Of course I won’t.” She said, then moved toward Kichi to give him another big hug. It seemed that once her spirits returned, she also became much more intimate with him as well. He certainly had no complaints about it. Being so close to her again was nice. He even was able to smell the scent of her perfume.

When she let go, the girl headed straight for the door. As she walked out, she happened to run into Airi and Aoi. “Woop, it’s nice seeing you two again.” She greeted them.

“Wow, you look so gorgeous.” Said Airi in awe of her outfit. “You must be going somewhere really important.”

“That’s right.” She responded. “I’m going on a date. Now go have fun with Kichi, you two.” Kougi quickly moved around them as she ran off to her destination. Kichi was likely more right than he thought about her being late for her date with Nao.

“Huh, I didn’t realize that she was dating anyone.” Said Aoi as the twins entered the house, closing the front door behind them.

“I hadn’t told you two yet, but Kougi’s got a boyfriend now.” He explained to them the simple details on when and what had occurred when they weren’t looking. “Nao’s one of her classmates, so I guess it’s not like you’ve ever seen him before.”

“Huh, good thing for the both of you.” Aoi made that as a passing comment, but it got Kichi real nervous.

“F-for the both of us!?” He’s responded in a rush. “Why would that be a good thing for me?”

“I just meant it’s cool you both got a boyfriend or girlfriends around the same time…” She replied, unsure of why he reacted the way he did. “She looked a kind of down lately, so I just thought she was a bit jealous her little brother got girlfriends before she even dated anyone. At least, I assume she’s never dated anyone.”

“Yeah, you’re right about that.” He calmed himself down, realizing that he nearly gave himself away with that outburst. “Kougi’s pretty inexperienced, so I hope she’ll be okay.”

“I’m sure she will.” Said Airi, jumping up onto the couch to join him. “Plus, the best part is we get the whole house to ourselves.” She was certainly not wrong about that assessment. The three of them were free to do whatever they wished as his parents would not be home for a while. It may have been a weekend, but they were out shopping as they normally would on a day like this.

This should be considered a rather great things for them. Unlike in the arcade, they would not have to worry about being caught by anyone. A boy like Kichi should be happy that he could do what he wished with the twins as long as it was cool with them. Yet he didn’t feel like taking this opportunity given to him. “What’s wrong?” Asked Airi.

“What the?” Now he was pincer attacked by both twins as they each sat next to him on the couch. “When did this happen?”

“Wow, you really were out of it.” Said Aoi. When she saw Airi quickly jumping in to sit besides him. She felt compelled to do the same thing. It would be unfair and disadvantageous to just allow her sister to have all the fun. “Is something wrong with your sister going on a date?”

“I mean, there shouldn’t be.” He replied, thinking things over. Kichi should be happy his sister was able to move on, but wasn’t able to capture those feelings. “Maybe I’m just worried about her, that’s all.”

“I thought you said you knew Nao.” Said Airi. “Is he not a good person?”

“Well, I only barely know the guy.” He only knew that Nao was someone from Kougi’s class. So of course he would personally know little about the boy. From what he did see from him. Things seemed pretty good. Though looks could be deceiving. “I don’t know though. Maybe I should keep an eye on her.”

“You really suggest spying on your sister while she’s on her first date?” Aoi thought the suggestion was ridiculous. “She’s older than you, I’m sure she can take care of herself if anything bad’s happen.”

“But there’s nothing wrong with a brother being concerned about his sister, right?” He countered. They were only a year apart, so it wasn’t that weird to him.

“Yeah, we should go keep an eye on them.” Airi jumped on board with the plan. “Come on Aoi, you know that there are guys out there with bad intentions.”

“Of course I do.” Her brush with a couple of them still left shivers up her spine. Aoi was glad those two got there to help her out. Though they shouldn’t have left her alone in the first place. “Fine, I’ll help too.” She caved in to their request after thinking about it.

“Great.” He said. “Thanks for helping me out. I’m sure you both had different ideas in mind when I asked you to come over.” Being a romantic trio, he was certain they probably wanted to get a little intimate during their alone time in his house. It had been a while since something like that happened, so it’d be nice to make up for some lost time.

“You got that right.” Airi responded. “We were really hoping you’d want to play this new game with us.” She pulled out a Mintendo Flip from her jacket and placed it onto the coffee table. Aoi also did the same thing. The pair had those game consoles that were complementary to each other, so they wouldn’t mix them up.

“Huh?” He couldn’t believe it. Neither of these girls had plan on using the time to their advantage. They literally only wanted to avoid a day of boredom by coming over to his place to play video games. That was it? These two had him all to themselves and this was what they planned on doing this afternoon? “Oh well, it doesn’t matter now.” He stayed away making his disappointment known and focused on what was going to happen now.

“So do you know where they’re going?” Asked Airi.

“I… Don’t.” He realized without a location, they wouldn’t be able to do any spying. Considering she had just left a couple of minutes ago, they did have a chance to tail her. “Quick, we need to go after her now!” He rushed over to get himself presentable for the public and opened up the front door. “Come on now.”

“Ah geez.” Aoi complained as they all ran out of the house. “I hate running.” She began to regret joining in on this silly idea.

13