Chapter 54: Love x Trio (Vol. 4 End)
293 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was the other major problem Kichi didn’t want to deal with in terms of his love for Kougi. There should be no reason for him to ever want to break up with the twins. For starters, he already got the great deal of having two girlfriends instead of one. Which a lot of guys his age would prefer to be in that position over being single like most were.

The other deal being that it wasn’t as if he liked either Aoi or Airi any less just because he also liked Kougi. If anything, he should be thanking them for helping him come to grips on his feelings despite the pressure it put on them and the relationship. So he didn’t want to break up with them at all for Kougi.

At the same time, it would be meaningless to go through all this only for him and Kougi to just say that it was never meant to be and leave it at that. Not only would that be an unsatisfying conclusion for everything. It would also fail change anything in their lives for the better.

“Right…” He responded, sitting down to think things through. What was he supposed to do about this? It was clear the girls would have conflicting desires on what the outcome should be. Yet since this all involved him, Kichi knew he would be the one to have the final say.

“Okay, we both said we’re not mad about the sister part.” Aoi spoke first. “But we’re not going to pretend like we want you to break up with us so you can go with her.” Even though the twins had a good relationship with Kougi. It wasn’t anywhere near the point where they would make sacrifices so that she would be happy. Mostly because it would be a hefty sacrifice. At this point, they had hardly been his girlfriends that long and neither had plans on giving up that position.

“It’s too bad there’s three of you, so I don’t think a coin flip would help me out here.” Of course, he realistically had to choose between two outcomes. At least there were only two outcomes he could come up with at the moment. “The edge is not a fair option for it to land on.” Despite it already having landed there not too long ago. Kichi understood the odds of that occurring were absurdly rare.

“Or…” Kougi wrapped her arm over his shoulder, joining him on the couch. “Maybe if you really believe in that coin of yours, I could take the edge option.” She joked, but also had confidence that her suggestion that the edge actually meant going with her instead of the twins was the correct assessment. Given that so far this coin seemed to have a mind of its own. It was entirely possible he was right in it making decisions rather than the results being mere chance.

“You seem a lot more upbeat now.” Aoi took note of her bubbly attitude. Not too long ago, she was sad to have broken up with someone. And she certainly wasn’t cheerful when talking to Kichi in private just earlier.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” She replied. “It’s an amazing feeling to finally have the boy you like return your feelings. Isn’t this how you felt when he started dating you two?” Kougi thought for a moment on the matter, then realized an important factor which never got brought up. “Wait a second, when he ended up choosing the two of you, Kichi never said anything about liking either of you back.”

“Well I know he likes us.” Aoi gave a strong response. “I knew for sure after he kissed me… And it did make me feel really good inside.” She understood where Kougi was coming from about the sudden burst in energy. When they shared that kiss on that day. She felt like floating up into heaven, that’s how good it was. For the first time in a while, she was real glad someone liked her for who she was.

“Aww, that’s so sweet.” Airi was nearly moved to tears of joy hearing her sister speak so fondly of a tender moment. Then she came to a realization of her own. “Wait a second, you two kissed? When? Wait, hand on another moment. How come you haven’t kissed me then?”

“We had that talk about not needing to do the same exact things for both of you.” He now had another thing sweat over as she glared at him. “I mean, the moment never really came up to do it or anything.”

“That’s no fair, a kiss is a big deal. There’s no reason why she needs to hog that.” Airi cried over the matter, which only prompted Aoi to argue back.

“Like you’re one to talk. He’s touched you down there.” She reminded her of the other thing he had done when they were out at their arcade date. “I’d say that’s much more than a kiss!”

“Wow…” Kougi was awestruck over learning of this news. “You’ve really been getting to work quick with these girls.” She never thought he was the type to have that kind of game. Despite being in love with him, she always figured him to be more the nervous wreak and unable to do anything romantic kind of guy.

“I was just living in the moment.” He tried and couldn’t come up with any better explanation to his actions. Not that he needed to explain himself since nothing he had done was illegal nor immoral. “Anyway, that’s not the point of this conversation.” They still had the problem of what to do with Kougi and they were nowhere close to finishing those details. Not that there was much to talk about.

“It’s simple, it’s either us or her.” Said Aoi. “If you do choose to go out with your sister, we’re not going to tell anyone about it.” They both knew it would pretty much ruin the relationship if they did so and weren’t planning on being petty with revenge or anything. Not to mention Kougi had been real kind to them by not spilling the beans about their love triangle despite having good motive to ruin their relationship. So it was only fair.

“Kichi, you should go with me.” Kougi begged. “We’ve known each other longer. And you’ve only known these girls for, like, a month.”

“I have known you all my life.” He said, mulling his choices.

“That’s not fair, she’s your sister.” Airi protested. “Of course you’re going to know each other longer.”

“I hate to use this as a bargaining chip, but there are two of us.” In terms of total value, there were more girls to go with if he went with the twins over Kougi. Then again, he was always more of a quality over quantity type of guy. Not to say the twins were low quality or anything, they certainly were far from that in his eyes.

“We’re not going to get anywhere with this!” He felt trapped between the two groups as he jumped up all anxious. The girls all took a step back from him in fear that he might accidentally hit them from his stressed out mood. “I wish I could just flip my coin and be done with this, but things aren’t that simple.” Kichi pulled it out anyway to look at his lucky item. As nice as it was to rely on the thing. There were just some decisions he knew he had to make for himself. This was one of those times.

“Okay Kichi, just calm down.” Said Kougi. “I’m sorry about all this. I wasn’t trying to break you up with your girlfriends, but I guess that’s just what I ended up trying to do anyway.”

“Don’t worry.” Said Aoi, both twins patted her on the back. “We’re not mad at you.”

“You know, I don’t have to break up with them.” After looking at all three of them, Kichi got another idea. “We could all… date at the same time?”

“Huh?” Kougi couldn’t believe what she heard. Did she really just have a chance right now?

“Oh that does sound like a good idea.” Said Airi. “How come we didn’t think of that first?”

“Because I was trying to avoid it.” Aoi whispered to her. She was aware of it from the start considering his indecisive attitude. As nice as it sounded, she knew that she and her sister would come out losing a bit with that outcome. After all, splitting him 50-50 was god enough for the pair. However, this new setup would be a 33-33-33 split, which meant less time with him per person.

“I was worried about it too.” He responded, overhearing their quiet conversation. “But when I think about it. That’s still better than a 100-0 split, right?” There was a good point made there as well. Did any of them truly want to be a true loser in this situation.

“I can work with that.” Kougi understood she was the one facing an uphill battle in this situation. While it wasn’t ideal, it was far better than anything else she had to deal with while he dated the twins. “But only if you two are willing.” While it ultimately was Kichi’s decision, she felt it better to avoid stepping on the toes of the twins more.

“Sure, the more the merrier.” Airi was more on board with the plan than she expected.

“I can live with it too.” Despite her doubts, Aoi was also willing to make things work. They were all people who liked each other, so surely they would face challenges together as well. “We’ll just have to see what happens.”

“That’s great.” Kichi was finally able to breath a sigh of relief now that everything had been taken care of. “I wonder what we’re supposed to do now?” He wondered aloud. They indeed were going to have a lot of interesting times ahead. And he would be the one dealing with everything cause because of his decision, or lack thereof.

Here's the end of Volume 4. It's a lot shorter than I expected, but really this section is its own thing so I believe it should be divided there. Thanks for reading up to this point. It's been an interesting ride so far to say the least. So I hope you enjoyed.

14