Chapter 68: Dinner x Room
179 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Things were awkward between them to say the least. Kichi worried on how she’d be feeling now that they were back together again. When Kougi left, it seemed she didn’t even want to look at the boy.

“Good to run into you.” Said Aoi. While she didn’t want to be the talkative one out of the bunch. She knew it was up to her to lead things towards the right direction. “We should all get ourselves checked in so we can put away all out things.”

“What about Chuuya?” Asked Airi.

“Don’t worry, he’s got his own room.” She answered. Since the twins and Chuuya had to pay for most of their own trip. This included the rooms they’d be staying at in this somewhat modest hotel. “Now that I think about it, he didn’t really bring all that much stuff in the first place.”

So they went to the front desk and took care of all the things need for checking in and putting their stuff away. Most of the things brought for this trip were by the twins, so they went to their own room together to put that away. While they were gone, both Kichi and Kougi stood by each other with tension thick enough that one could cut with a knife. It easily ranked high among moments the boy wouldn’t want to live through again.

As they just waited there in the lobby of the hotel, with many people coming in and out to enjoy their own personal vacation. A certain someone barged right in through the front entrances with arms carrying some big bags. It was Chuuya with a grin the size of his bags on his face as he walked right up to them.

“What’s that?” Kichi couldn’t see what was in those bags he carried. Though the scent coming from them were wonderfully tickling his nose. It was easy to assume there was food in them.

“Well I got us a ton of stuff to eat!” He lifted them up with pride. Chuuya had stopped by one of the nearby restaurants to get some take out. The boy made sure to get a large variety of rice, noodles, and meats such as pork, beef, and even chicken. Considering he was the one person who bought all the food, of which there was plenty. It was also evident the spot he chose to buy from had cheap food. That meant some real fatty, greasy, and low quality ingredients. “Aoi messaged me to pick something for us to eat.”

“I see.” Apparently everyone was messaging anyone who wasn’t him in this group of friends. It was nearly enough to get Kichi a bit offended by being left out. “When they get back-”

“Which we are now.” Suddenly, Aoi spoke up behind him. It sent a chill down his spine from how easy it was to sneak up on him. Though Kichi avoided screaming or showing fear to try and not look like a wimp. “Good job on getting the food.” A part of her had some level of distrust in Chuuya’s abilities to do what she asked of him. She nearly would’ve asked her sister to do it, but she didn’t want to be left alone with the other siblings with how things had gone down.

“Yeah, there’s a lounge area here in the hotel where they’ll let us eat.” Airi excitedly pointed them in the direction where she saw it. There was a sign that stated exactly what she told them, so they wouldn’t be breaking any rules by eating there. Considering this was a hotel on the cheaper side, there wasn’t anything outside of breakfast cooked and served here. So it was fair enough to allow the dining area for guests.

“Nice.” Said Chuuya, sounding a bit more strained now. “Let’s eat there, but can someone help take one of these bags?” He had been carrying them since he left the restaurant and he had more than enough food to feed five people.

“Don’t worry, I got you.” Kichi looked for an excuse to take one so he wouldn’t have to be so close to Kougi right now. Not that he needed an excuse to help out his buddy, but it was a nice bonus.

So the group went in and found themselves a good table that was not too close to any other groups that were eating in here. Chuuya proudly showed off his skills in setting out every boy of food in orderly and quick fashion. If he were a real server, that might’ve earned him a small tip.

“Bon appetit.” He performed a small chef’s kiss in pride of his work. Most of the others didn’t care too much for the show he put on and simply sat down. Though they did give their thanks for him paying and setting up their dinner. “Well, it’s only fair that Kichi get to sit with his girlfriends.” He commented, taking his own spot right next to Kougi.

“Yeah, it is.” She spoke with a lack of enthusiasm as the girl got some noodles and beef. If he didn’t know anything was wrong with her, then Kichi definitely did now. This girl would be showing off her appetite with much more gusto considering they hadn’t had lunch today. So he knew she must’ve been starving in similar fashion to Airi.

Speaking of that girl, she was wolfing down her portion of food in rather impolite manner. Her stomach likely made her care less, but they were in a place where it would be wrong to cause a mess. She then made a motion, indicating she had trouble breathing due to some food stuck in her throat. Though unlike the scare before when she stopped breathing. Aoi simply hit her on the back, which allowed her to properly swallow her her food and regain her breath.

“Can’t you be a little patient?” She scolded her.

“Sorry.” Airi lowered her head and responded in shame. This little scene also gave more concern for Kichi, but in regards to Kougi. Normally she’d be laughing her head off seeing the twins living their lives in their usual strange fashion. Even if he wasn’t dating them, they certainly provided some entertainment for him.

Yet there wasn’t even a chuckle coming from her. She really wasn’t herself, and he wanted to make things up to her. The only problem was that Kichi didn’t know what to do to cheer her up. It wasn’t like he could do the same as he did with the twins and admit to Chuuya that they were dating as well.

“So Kougi…” Speaking of his friend, the boy had a subject in mind that he thought suited for a dinner conversation. “I heard you had a boyfriend for like, five minutes.”

“I’m surprised you heard of that.” She replied. “I thought things we did in the upper class wouldn’t get to you.”

“I like to say I’m pretty connected to things going on in school.” That bit was true, but also worried Kichi. He’d hate to know what other rumors he could hear about during class. “I even heard that you broke up with him because you actually like some other boy.” Now this question got Kichi to do a literally spit take as he was taking a sip from the free water in the hotel.

“That’s a little personal, don’t you think!?” He spoke with a raised voice in response.

“It’s fine, Kichi.” Kougi calmed him down. “But yeah, there is another guy I kind of really like. So that’s why I broke up with Nao.”

“Wow.” Chuuya was easily impressed on the matter. “It’s probably better you go with your heart. I hope it’s worth going after guy you like.”

“I hope so too.” She spoke in a manner that made Kichi feel an arrow pierce through his heart.

“Anyway…” After the group ate for a bit, Chuuya grabbed his portion and began to leave. “I’m going to my room.”

“What’s wrong?” Asked Kichi. He couldn’t believe that Kougi’s downer attitude would be noticeable to enough to that boy to get him to want to leave.

“Oh nothing’s wrong.” Instead, the reason was for something much less serious. “I just have a guest I’m expecting. So I’ll see you all tomorrow morning.” Chuuya left, giving Kichi a wink to indicate exactly what he planned on doing tonight.

“It is getting pretty late.” Said Aoi, checking the time. She then leaned over to Kougi, whispering in the girl’s ear to prevent Kichi from hearing their private conversation. “Do you want to spend the night in our room?” The older girl gently shook her head and that was that.

“You two have a good night now.” Airi gave them a kind farewell as the four split into pairs and went to their respective hotel suites. This was a night Kichi wasn’t looking forward to in the slightest.

“This should be our room.” He said aloud as the boy unlocked the door to their room. There was an unexpected arrangement to their temporary bedroom that he didn’t see coming at all. “Huh? There’s only one bed in here.”

7