Chapter 04: Half-step Demonic Beast
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Within a deeper regions of the forest, a youth and a huge bear were exchanging punches to each other. The youth’s attacking pattern was very strange and bizarre yet swift and strong as it repeatedly hit the weak parts of the bear.
Growl!
The bear angry growled as it slashed Xuan Hao using his sharp claw. The latter hurriedly dodged on the side but the claw attack still hit the youngster’s arm as blood spurted out from it.
Xuan Hao immediately retreated as he gritted his teeth and forcibly endured the pain of this new wound. Immediately, he shouted angrily before he used his full strength to punch a certain part of the bear’s body while its hands were still on the midair.
Following which, the bear retreated for a few steps as its pair of eyes were fiercely staring at Xuan Hao, full of killing intent were emerging within. Seeing this, Xuan Hao moved as the bear, too, also moved as it angrily smashed its large hand to the ground causing a web-like cracks to appear.
Meanwhile, Xuan Hao stomped on the arm that smashed on the ground and used it as an object to make his jump became even more higher. Immediately, full force moved onto his legs as he released it instantly, suddenly appearing above the bear.
Then, he bent his two hands and formed a fist, however, his two index fingers still remained. Then, his arms suddenly accelerated while his two index fingers from either hand quickly landed on the bear’s face. To be precise, it stabbed its eyes causing the bear to roar in anger and shook its body frenziedly.
Xuan Hao was sent flying because of this as he heavily smashed on the ground. He immediately tasted a sweet sensation on his throat and vomited a mouthful of fresh blood to the ground.
Following which, he stared at the huge bear who used its hand to cover his crushed eyes while repeated roars resounded through the heavens, causing the earth to tremble. Fierce and savage killing intent immediately emerged from his eyes.
Xuan Hao roared as he rushed forward. In the blink of an eye, he reached the bear before his hand bent backwards, making his muscles to bulge in anger, as he released it with all his might.
The punch heavily landed to the bear as it was sent flying despite its big appearance. It heavily smashed on the trees causing a huge crater to appear, web-like cracks were spread through the earth.
As the bear was wailing in pain, Xuan Hao immediately rushed forward again and released a furious punch. Booming sounds of punches rang out through the horizon, as it heavily landed on various parts of the bear.
Suddenly, before Xuan Hao could react, the bear roared furiously as it used its hand to slap the youth in front of him. The youngster was sent flying and also smashed on the ground. Some of the bones from his rib part were broken by this unexpected earth-shattering attack.
Because of the extremely painful sensation, the bear seems to have become insane as it repeatedly attack empty air, attempting to thoroughly crushed into blood mist the puny human who made it blinded.
Seeing this, Xuan Hao trembled in fear. It seems that this bear is different from the other three wild beasts that he fought earlier because this one is just too ferocious that it didn’t even care anymore even if it died as long as it sent the one who blinded it to hell.
Xuan Hao felt that the situation is going out of control. If he didn’t get rid of this brute sooner, it might wreck havoc. Following which, he stood up as his breathing is becoming increasingly ragged.
He forcibly endures the pain on his chest before he turned his gaze towards a huge stone nearby. This stone is at least four metres big so it would be a good weapon against that brute.
Immediately, he walked towards that stone and grabbed it. Veins began emerging from his body as his muscles bulged tightly. He slowly lifted this stone which had the weight of at least two kilograms even though he was injured.
Following which, he slowly walked towards the rampaging bear while lifting a huge stone on his shoulder as deep footprints appeared on the ground. Then, he rushed towards it then used his full strength to throw the huge stone towards the bear, causing it to be sent flying again.
Xuan Hao did not give the bear to rest for a moment before he shouted out loud as he crossed the horizon before he reached the bear. The youth, again, repeatedly punched his fist before he lifted the stone again nearby, heavily smashing it to the bear’s chest area.
The roaring of the bear were becoming weaker as Xuan Hao continuously smashed the huge stone in his hand. Blood spurted out from the former’s chest as the stone became dyed by crimson-red blood.
After that, he placed the stone on the ground and heaved a sigh of relief after seeing that the brute finally died. It felt as though a huge burden was lifted from his heart. Immediately, fear began to creep on his face when he thought about the ferocious attacks of this wild beast. It is indeed hard to defeat them with ease if one is not a martial cultivator.
Following which, Xuan Hao somewhat grudgely shredded its neck and stored it on the yellowish sack where there are already three other wild beasts’ heads including the golden-crowned tiger earlier. This yellowish sack is already stained with blood.
After he stored the head inside, Xuan Hao took a deep breath and sat cross-legged before he began cultivating the “Breathing Force Technique”. The external wounds on his body were disappearing as the time passes.
Instantly, few hours had passed. The sun was already beginning to set and the stars and moon were slowly appearing from the sky as the former’s light faded away. There were only two or so hours before the first test was concluded.
Currently, the wounds on Xuan Hao’s body were mostly healed. Only the broken bones ribs remained. Of course, unlike earlier, he could now do many extreme activities freely than earlier when he took the slapping of the bear.
Following which, Xuan Hao opened his eyes and stared at the sky. He could see that the shadows from many trees kept appearing before the darkness covered the whole mountain.
He stood up and took a deep breath before he grabbed the yellowish sack and continued to head deeper. The wind howls continuously as it kept hitting Xuan Hao’s ears. The roaring sound of ferocious animals and wild beasts were heard after the night arrived.
Suddenly, Xuan Hao’s ears twitched as he heard a roaring sound nearby. It seems that there were a person fighting a beast in that place. Then, he headed towards that place.
As the clashing sound of two existences were becoming stronger, Xuan Hao finally reaches the source. He saw a beastly red-light constantly moving through the darkness causing Xuan Hao to tremble.
He could roughly see that this red light is an eye of a beast. Then, in front of that beast, person’s silhouette could be seen. This person was gripping a huge branch tightly as the person clashed with the beast.
Howling of a wolf and shoutings of that person kept sounding out through the person in this night. Meanwhile, Xuan Hao’s face turned grave as horror emerged on his eyes.
He could sense the aura of this wolf-like beast surpassed even the beastly bear that he killed earlier. This wolf-like beast’s voice was savage and ferocious, as though it was an ancient immemorial beast that had awoken and growled for the first time.
“H…half-step demonic beast,” Seeing this, the horrified light on his eyes thickened even more. He didn’t expect to encounter such a terrifying creature in this forest. What was even more terrifying is that the person fighting it could actually face it head-on.
“Vile beast,” the person fighting that wolf-like beast somewhat gleefully said as he continuously smashed the branch on his hand.
The exchange extended into a short period of time. Meanwhile, Xuan Hao immediately retreated. He didn’t know who this person is nor he could defeat that half-step demonic beast. As such, he swallowed his saliva and instantly backed off.
However, what Xuan Hao didn’t know that, the instant the youth moved from his hiding spot, the person noticed the movement as he slightly curled his lips.
Instantly, the person executed a bizarre movement technique and immediately ran towards the direction of Xuan Hao. Following him, the wolf demonic beast roared as it chased after that man.
Xuan Hao instantly saw this and became frightened. Immediately, he halted his movements and tried not to breath. However, all of this were futile as the person had already cooked an amusing plan.
The person took a bottle on his chest while running. Then he opened its cap as powder began to reach Xuan Hao’s body.
Suddenly, a strange thing occurred. The wolf-like half-step demonic beast suddenly stopped chasing that person. Then, it immediately headed towards Xuan Hao’s exact direction causing the latter to widen his eyes.
“What!?” Xuan Hao exclaimed in shock as he immediately retreated by stepping several steps. Then, he turned his body behind and finally used his every bits of strength on his body to run the chasing wolf-like half-step demonic beast.
Naturally, that wolf immediately followed and growled with viciousness. Its speed became even more faster as it saw Xuan Hao escaping from its nose.
Meanwhile, the mysterious person stared at Xuan Hao with pity before he stared at the bottle in satisfaction. “As expected of Beast Attracting Powder, it seems really effective.”
That mysterious person then, took a last glance towards the direction where Xuan Hao escape before he turned his back and left. Even now, the true appearance of this person is still a mystery.
Meanwhile, the unlucky Xuan Hao who became the prey of that wolf was still currently escaping from the hands of the vicious creature.
Even when using all of his might, the wolf-like half-step demonic beast was slowly catching up to him causing the youth to panic. However, he bit his lips and forcibly calmed himself down. He knew that he would not be able to reverse the crisis if he continued panicking.
“That bastard……” Xuan Hao threw a curses under his breath when he thought about that mysterious person that fought the half-step demonic beast earlier. He knew that he did something that caused him to be a prey of such a terrifying existence. He already made a decision in his heart. If he ever survive this horrifying calamity that the mysterious person brought to him, he would slowly take revenge on the future.
Then he removed that thought on his mind and began to think of countermeasures. Because the forest is very dark and he could not see clearly within five metres radius, escaping from that half-step demonic beast was as tough as ascending to heaven. Meanwhile, based on his understanding, wolf-type beasts were specially ferocious, and even more when the environment is dark. This was their domain and specialty. Escaping from the hands of such a horrifying beast was just a foolish dream of the youth. However, he didn’t care about common sense anymore. He just wanted to escape from that half-step demonic beast and leave this damned place.
As the chase between the two continued, Xuan Hao began to notice something causing him to be horrified. It seems that not only the wolf-like half-step demonic beast is chasing him but also wild beasts and ferocious animals. Such a beast horde caused him to slowly feel despair in his heart. In addition, he smelled some strange scent on his body causing him to believe that this is the reason why many beasts were chasing him at once. If not because he was quite agile and had also live in the wild, he would be devoured completely by those hungry creatures, that not even bones would remain.
Suddenly, within five metres radius, he saw a cave with a human-sized hole causing him to be delighted. He quickly accelerated his speed even more and finally, he entered that cave.
Meanwhile, the chasing beasts, due to their extreme speed, couldn’t halt their movements as they hit the cave’s wall causing the ground to tremble. Many beasts and ferocious animals, including the red-eyed wolf half-step demonic beast, tried to enter the cave. However, even a small ferocious animal, could not enter the cave because many beasts practically became insane and didn’t care about anything. Their eyes became increasingly frenzied as they continued to sniff the scent on Xuan Hao’s body.
Meanwhile, Xuan Hao’s legs went limp as he totally lost his strength. He stared at the beast horde outside the cave in fear. Then, he swallowed his saliva before hugging his legs while shivering in fear.
That is when a ancient mysterious aura, that even a mortal like him could sense, instantly filled the whole cave. Xuan Hao turned his gaze towards the direction and saw that the mysterious aura was coming from the deepest part of the cave.
0