Chapter 06: Half-step Body Refinement Realm
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 06: Displaying the Might of Half-step Body Refinement Realm
As the roaring outside the stone chamber became louder, a wild beast suddenly appeared within Xuan Hao’s vision. Then, after the wild beast appeared, a group of wild beasts immediately followed.
In just a breath of time, the originally silent stone chamber was now crowded with wild beasts, ferocious animals, and a wolf-type half-step demonic beast.
This beast horde surrounded Xuan Hao without giving him any chance of escaping, not to mention a human, even a fly could not escape such a horde.
Immediately, an extremely powerful aura swept out as Xuan Hao saw a five meters wide wolf while its eyes were dyed with blood. It slowly began to walk at Xuan Hao, as a human-like expression full of disdain flashed on its face.
Xuan Hao’s face turned slightly solemn when he saw this. Although he had the same realm as the beast in front of him, he still could not underestimate it. Furthermore, there were still exceedingly powerful wild beasts staring it him like prey trapped in a corner.
Immediately, Xuan Hao bent his hand as a faint golden glows began to emerged from his skin, causing his flesh to harden as a faint golden glows were emerging from his skin.
Following which, Xuan Hao shouted as he executed a strange movement technique causing him to disappear and appear like a ghost.
After he watched the ancient battlefield earlier, he got quite an insight and learned how to utilize his power finely without using Qi. In addition, he quickly developed this movement technique when he saw a demonic general who basically slaughtered his enemies by suddenly appearing in front of them like a phantom.
As Xuan Hao executed the phantom movement technique, the red-eyed wolf half-step demonic beast growled as the blood-red on its eyes intensified, savage killing intent filled the whole stone chamber while the half-step demonic beast began to rampagingly rushed over.
Every time Xuan Hao’s body materialized in the air, the half-step demonic beast used its claw to slash him and tear his body into pieces. Unfortunately, it only teared an afterimage not Xuan Hao himself.
Suddenly, the phantom-like Xuan Hao appeared in front of the half-step demonic beast instantly, before he threw a punch while the faint golden glows shone even more brightly causing the strength on this punch to intensify as it quickly accelerated to the half-step demonic beast’s head.
Bang!
After receiving the youth’s attack, the half-step demonic beast took a step back for a few meters then it stabilized itself, as it howled angrily before it rushed over again.
Countless claw marks and depression left on the floor as the beast and the youth continuously released their attacks, causing a repeated explosion to echo out.
Suddenly, the half-step demonic beast opened its mouth and suddenly let out a lighning-quick blade colored in red. This blade teared through the air before it reached five meters away from Xuan Hao.
Xuan Hao felt a deadly threat from that bloody colored blade as he immediately dodged on the side using his bizarre footsteps.
Immediately, the blade instantly hacked the air where Xuan Hao was originally is as it continued flying, before it hacked to the watching wild beasts as they growled in pain.
Seeing this, Xuan Hao’s pupils shrank as the solemnity on his eyes thickened before he rushed over again.
However, before he could even get close to the wolf, the beast let out a bloody colored blade causing Xuan Hao to dodge once again. However, after his body solidified and landed on the ground, his expression suddenly changed before disappearing again as multiple bloody colored blade appeared, cutting Xuan Hao’s afterimage.
Just like that, the role of between the two reversed. The wolf continuously released a deadly blade from its mouth while Xuan Hao immediately dodged in all directions.
As the battle between the two continued, the beast audiences let out a howling sound with traces of savageness as their eyes focused on the fight.
Xuan Hao gritted his teeth and immediately bent his back as he sent his full force on his foot, before jumping through the air.
In the blink of an eye, Xuan Hao crossed the distance between the two and he released a punch that could shake the heaven and earth. Meanwhile, when the half-step demonic beast saw this, it howled furiously before it let out a bloody energy and condensed into the shape of huge rod then it released the bloody rod.
Instantly, Xuan Hao’s fist collided with the rod as a huge explosion resounded through the stone chamber. The half-step demonic beast secretly retreated before it howled once again.
Suddenly, Xuan Hao’s expression changed as a terrifying energy within the rod gushed forth, as it suddenly explodes into bloody mist causing Xuan Hao to be sent flying.
He smashed to the ground and immediately stabilized himself, aa he turned his eyes towards the half-step demonic beast as shock began to emerge within. Obviously, he is very shocked when he saw that the demonic beast could be so cunning, even though it was just merely a half-step demonic beast.
Howl!
Suddenly, the half-step demonic beast began to move in a very quick speed. Then, another bloody rod condensed from its mouth before it released the deadly explosive rod towards Xuan Hao.
Upon seeing the wolf’s another attack, Xuan Hao didn’t dare to dilly-dally anymore before he retreated backwards and jerked his arms. Then, he released a palm move that landed on the rod heavily.
Another bout of explosion rang out as Xuan Hao quickly rushed over towards the wolf and threw a palm once again. This palm emitted a terrifying power causing the wolf to be wary a little.
It dodged to the side using its four quick limbs as the palm descended on the ground, causing a web-like crack to emerge as a booming sound rang out.
Immediately, Xuan Hao executed the phantom-like movements once again and began to threw palm attacks at the enemy repeatedly.
Meanwhile, a tinge of insanity flashed over the half-step demonic beast’s eyes as it howled heavily, causing the wild beasts watching on the side to tremble. Following which, it hurriedly moved towards Xuan Hao even though the latter was still attacking.
Then, it bent its four limbs before jumping through the air, as a bloody horn emerged from its forehead before a crimson-red beam shot out. Instantly, Xuan Hao’s terrifying palm attack and the devastating bloody beam hit each other.
Boom! Boom!
Repeated explosion echoed out through the air as a very huge crate suddenly emerged in the middle. The powerful bloody beam exploded as the glowing palm of Xuan Hao dimmed, before the youth retreated backwards.
Following after the wolf landed to the floor, it howled furiously before rushing over, as it opened its mouth. This time, there’s no blade nor rod appeared but its fangs became even more larger.
Before Xuan Hao could react, the half-step demonic beast bit the former’s right arm as blood spurted out, causing the youth to scream in pain.
Then, Xuan Hao’s eyes became increasingly frenzied as hints of rage began to surface on his face, then he used his remaining left as he formed a palm before he hacked the tiger’s head using the edge of this palm.
The hacking palm landed on the wolf’s head as the latter howled in fury. However, there’s nothing it could do as Xuan Hao’s hacking palm caused a few cracks on its skull.
“Since you wanted to fight me directly, don’t blame for being merciless,” Saying that, Xuan Hao smiled in madness as he furiously and repeatedly did the action before the cracking sounds of skull crushing to resound within the stone chamber.
The demonic wolf began to shook its head, trying to tear the flesh on Xuan Hao’s right arm causing the latter’s expression changes heavily.
Immediately after, Xuan Hao hardened his right arm as glowing light started to appear on it while it was currently on the wolf’s mouth.
Then, after that, he touched the jaw of the demonic wolf using his left hand before he gritted his teeth and used all of his might to forcefully open the demonic wolf’s mouth.
Slowly but steady, the wolf’s mouth began to open as the insides were slowly being revealed. Xuan Hao could see that there were full of blood within the wolf’a mouth which smelled very bad.
Xuan Hao’s both arms trembled repeatedly as he struggled to completely open the wolf’s mouth before the golden glows on his skin intensified.
The youth did not remove his hand on the beast’s mouth, instead, two of them grabbed the latter’s fangs before he further opened its hastily. A huge amount of strength began to flow on his upper limbs as his muscles were becoming larger as more strength was used, until to he extent that a blood slowly seep out from it.
Howl!
It struggled to use its claws to tear down the insolent human in front it but Xuan Hao did not even budge even though it continuously shook its head.
Suddenly, a sound of wrecking rang out through the horizon as blood emerged from the wolf’s cheekbone. After a few breaths, the wolf could not even shook Xuan Hao a single bit as the latter used even more strength before suddenly, the wolf’s cheeks were teared as blood flowed down from it. Following which, half of its head was split apart by Xuan Hao causing the hints of life within the wolf to disperse.
Seeing this, the beast audiences roared as fear began to crept on their faces. Immediately, when Xuan Hao stared at them, while they quickly retreated. Although these beasts were just merely a wild beast and did not have intelligence, they still had an instinct that human did not have. When they saw Xuan Hao to kill the half-step demonic wolf, the danger emerging from the youth intensified causing them to feel afraid.
After a few breaths of time, the wild beasts and ferocious animals within the stone chamber were mostly dispersed causing Xuan Hao to heave a sigh of relief. Then he sat cross-legged as a deep sensation of tiredness slowly spread throughout his body. The intense battle with the wolf caused him to overexert himself. Nevertheless, he now became familiar with his body and knew just how powerful he is. Xuan Hao was very satisfied with his current strength.
Immediately, he cultivated the “Breathing Force Technique” but a bitter smile slowly appeared on his face. Now that he advanced to half-step Body Refinement Realm, the breathing technique became completely useless.
Just as when Xuan Hao released a bitter smile, he suddenly thought of something as his expression quickly changed. Following which, he took the yellowish sack placed on the ground before he grabbed the wolf head, storing it to the yellowish sack.
Then, he endured the painful sensation and quickly left the stone chamber. After a few breaths, Xuan Hao saw the deep darkness within the sky. The moonlight intensified, the stars were twinkling and a boundless galaxy was revealed.
“It seems that midnight is approaching,” Xuan Hao muttered as he followed the direction of the moon, as he quickly moved event though he is wounded.
Meanwhile, within the gathering place, many youngsters could be seen gripping a sack filled with beast heads. Illumination Pearls shone brightly causing the gathering area to have a light.
Many younger generation members continuously swarmed in, they had either a tattered clothes or body full of blood and injuries. It seems that they undergone a dangerous battle while inside the deep mountain.
Of course there were also people who has not even a single trace of injury. These people were considered capable and fairly talented people which are most likely able to pass the examination.
As the gathering place was beginning to be crowded, one of the two person, who dressed in a daoist robe, stepped forward as his voice echoed out loudly, “Since the midnight is approaching, we will start checking your sacks and see if you really got five beast heads.”
As the voice traveled through the horizons, the younger generation members turned their gazes towards that man. Excitement and eagerness filled their eyes as they tightly gripped on their sacks.
The daoist-robed man took out a list of participants as he gazed at the group of youngsters in front of him. Just like that, the daoist-robed man began to inspect their sacks.
“First, Yang Luo…”
After the daoist-robed man said that, a youngster with a tattered clothes stepped forward as he opened his sack which is filled with wild beast heads.
After seeing that the youngster had indeed five wild beast heads on his sack, the daoist-robed man nodded his before saying, “Next, Chen Feng…”
The daoist-robed man’s voice continuously rang out before a younger generation members were stepping forward, opening their sacks as the daoist-robed man nodded.
“Next, Ling Tianyuan,” Immediately after the daoist-robed man’s voice descended, a younger generation member stepped up.
This younger generation member was wearing luxuriously-made clothes made from fine silk and other material. This younger generation member was obviously a young master of a clan, who was called Ling Tianyuan.
As Ling Tianyuan stepped up, within the group of envoys, Zjang Ku’s eyes lit up as he stared at the former. In truth, this Ling Tianyuan belonged into his group. As he thought about the bet seven days ago, Zhang Ku inwardly laughed as the middle-aged man took a glance at the young man dressed in purple robed.
The purple-robed Yu Langjian naturally sensed his gaze and saw Zhang Ku staring at him full of pride before the former’s expression turned dark. He naturally knew that this Ling Tianyuan came with the latter seven days ago so he could be considered as member of Zhang Ku’s group. He secretly clenched his hand as he stared at the scene in front of him with nervousness.
Meanwhile, Ling Tianyuan opened up his sack and more than ten beast heads could be seen inside. Then he glanced at the daoist-robed man as he said, “There’s no rule that it is prohibited to hunt more than five wild beasts right?”
After taking a glance towards the Ling Tianyuan’s sack, the purple-robed man nodded his head before saying, “You’re right, there is indeed no rule about it so of course, you are qualified to take the next test.”
Hearing this, Ling Tianyuan smiled as hint of arrogance flashed within his eyes. Then, he put his pair of hands on his back and returned to the group of young masters like him.
Even though Ling Tianyuan’s actions were disrespectful, he did not dare to rebuke the former as he is the son of Ling Clan patriarch, one of the powerful experts within the domain of Star Sword Sect. As such, he would only be digging his own grave if he really did it.
After Ling Tianyuan left, the daoist-robed man shouted another name once again, “Next, Xiao Qianshi and Xiao Han…”
Just as about the daoist-robed man’s voice faded, two silhouttes rushed towards the front in a exceedingly fast speed. Then, it materialized before they could see two people with a childish face as they opened a very big sack, there are ten wild beast head within the sack.
These two people were naturally the brother and sister siblings within Xuan Hao’s group, Xiao Qianshi and Xiao Han. The fact that they could hunt ten wild beasts without any wounds, it indicates they are quite powerful.
Within the group of envoys, when he saw that Xiao Qianshi and Xiao Han actually hunted ten wild beasts, Yu Langjian’s muscles relaxed slightly.
Meanwhile, opposite to the purple-robed Yu Langjian’s reaction, Zhang Ku’s eyebrows twitch before he calmed himself down. Even if those two passed the first test, so what? The description of their betting was, after all, whose group would have more winner. After having thought of this, Zhang Ku comforted himself and curled his slips slightly.
After confirmation of the daoist-robed man, the brother and sister siblings returned to the crowd, before the former’s voice echoed out once again, “Next, Wang Hu and Lin Xiang.”
Suddenly, a robust and dark-tanned young men stepped forward while lifting their own sack respectively. Then, they presented it in front of the crowd before opening it as the daoist-robed man nodded his head.
As he saw this, Zhang Ku’s expression became increasingly ugly but when he thought of something, a cold glint flashed on his eyes. ‘Even all of them passed the first test, there was still the second test which is a one-on-one battle.’
Having thought of the second test’s contents, Zhang Ku continued to stare at the front.
Following which, the daoist-robed man continuously shouted the names of younger generation members before he paused quite a bit, as he said, “Next, Ouyang Po.”
After he said this, his gaze roamed through the crowd and, when saw that no one stepped forward, he slightly furrowed his brows. This was the 27th that someone had failed to show up. However, the midnight was still not here so he hoped that one of them could show up.
The daoist-robed man cleared his throat and once again, his voice echoed out, allowing the crowd to hear it, “Next, Xuan Hao.”
After he said this, he glanced at the crowd again before sighing. It seems that this Xuan Hao was still on the mountain.
Following that, his voice continuously rang out again. Many younger generation members stepped forward and presented their sacks to him. There are also additional people who did not show up. Finally, within Zhang Ku’s group, all five young masters passed the test causing the middle-aged man to be delighted.
Meanwhile, Yu Langjian gripped his hands as he turned his look towards the forest, waiting for the youth Xuan Hao to arrive.
When the daoist-robed man finished shouting aloud all of the participants of this examination, he stares at the moon and finally said, “Since the midnight would arrive in just a few breaths, the test is concluded…”
“Wait!”
Just as the daoist-robed man was about to finish his sentence, a loud voice suddenly rang out from behind the crowd. Following which, they turned their gazes and saw an injured youth with his clothes stained with blood. In addition, there is a big bite mark on his right arm causing the crowd to deduce that this young man just undergone a very intense battle.
Within Ling Tianyuan’s group of nobles, someone recognized that youth and immediately grunted, “Isn’t he Xuan Hao, the one that came with that Yu Langjian?”
Hearing this, another young master’s eyes flickered as he coldly spoke in unison, “Hmph! As expected, a commoner is a trash after all. I even thought that their group is quite decent.”
Meanwhile, at the center of this group, was, naturally, Ling Tianyuan. When he heard the shouting of Xuan Hao, he did not turn his gaze while his eyes were emotionless. It was as though the latter is just but a mere ant.
On the other hand, Yu Langjian heaved a sigh of relief when he saw this. If Xuan Hao dared to shout ‘wait!’ when the daoist-robed man was about to conclude the first test, it seems that he hunted five wild beast even though his appearance was quite…terrible.
As the crowd stared at him with various emotions, Xuan Hao did not pay attention to this and walked towards the front. Then, he opened his yellowish sack which is soaked with blood, immediately revealing the heads of beasts.
When he saw this, the daoist-robed man emotionlessly nodded his head. However, when he was about to ask what the youth’s name is, a surprise suddenly flashed within his eyes.
Then, he grabbed a head from Xuan Hao’s sack, and saw that this was a wolf with its eyes red. Naturally, the daoist-robed man recognized this beast.
“Red-eyed Killing Wolf, a half-step demonic beast…” When he thought about the identity of this head, the daoist-robed man involuntarily sucked a mouthful of air before he stared at Xuan Hao in astonishment.
One must know that, even a half-step Body Refinement cultivator could not easily defeat a demonic beast within the same level. In addition, this so-called Red-eyed Killing Wolf is not just an ordinary half-step demonic beast but the one that stood at the pinnacle of half-step demonic beasts! As such, only a genuine martial cultivator could kill it.
“Your name is?” After calming down quite a bit, the daoist-robed man finally regained to his senses before he stared at the youth, asking his name.
“Xuan Hao,” Xuan Hao replied. He did not notice the shock of the daoist-robed man as he continued to stare at the latter.
“Then, Xuan Hao, did you hunt this?” Hearing Xuan Hao’s reply, the daoist-robed man asked once again.
After the daoist-robed man’s question entered his ears, Xuan Hao suddenly have a thought, ‘Now that I think about it, isn’t a common knowledge that a demonic beast is more stronger than a martial cultivator at the same level?’
After having think of this, Xuan Hao sank on his thought for a moment. Although he had only been on Star Martial City for seven days, he gathered quite a bit of information about demonic beasts. As such, it was not surprising for the youth to know this.
“N…no, I’m just merely lucky because I saw that half-step demonic beast heavily injured so I killed it. I didn’t expect for it to bite me.” As Xuan Hao decided, he lied about experiencing a life-and-death battle with the demonic wolf.
“I see…” Hearing this, the daoist-robed man was naturally disappointed. He thought that he just discovered a peerless genius in this examination. It seems that having a greater expectation would result a greater disappointment. Then, he continued as he nodded his gaze, “Alright you pass.”
Hearing that words, Xuan Hao heaved a sigh of relief. Prior to this, he was very worried that he would not be able to pass the test, that’s why he used his full strength just to arrive here on time. Xuan Hao cupped his fist before returning to the crowd.
Finally, the daoist-robed man clapped his hands before he spoke up, “Since the midnight has arrived, let’s end the test here. You will have three hours to rest before we continue to the final test.”
After the voice faded, the crowd were finally in disarray. Some of them ate a bread to replenish their energy, some of them sat cross-legged and rest while some of them could also be seen talking.
The next test would be more intense than this one.
0