[3] Avoid the Main Plot! Escape, to the Land of Tea!
466 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
If you cannot see the images in any of these chapters, try viewing on phone/tablet. Not sure why, but I did notice they wouldn't load for me using (chrome)

Naruto: 砂の赤い髪忍者 Red Haired Sand Ninja!

ᗩᐯOIᗪ TᕼE ᗰᗩIᑎ ᑭᒪOT! EᔕᑕᗩᑭE, TO TᕼE ᒪᗩᑎᗪ Oᖴ TEᗩ!

[3]

 

Nikko

Back in the main house of the Utsuri clan Nikko slammed her forehead onto the traditional table repeatedly. A small red mark began to appear from the blunt force trauma. She had just gotten back from the meeting with Lord Kazekage, who had informed her of the Chunin Exams in two days' time. With Orochimaru's help, Sunagakure would be taking the initiative to start an all out war with Konohagakure. Which left Nikko somewhere stuck in the middle as their accomplice.

The trio of blue monarch butterflies glittered in the dimly lit bedroom before sympathetically perching on the sleeves of her kimono. "Hime-sama, we must think of something. If you go to the Village Hidden in the Leaves, the danger would be...."

Nikko propped her head on her chin and stared at the rice paper wall tiredly. "Yeah yeah, I know. I'd be up shit creek without a paddle."

"What an interesting choice of words!"

The girl snorted. She had not even been in Naruto's world a full day and had already faced more danger than she could shake a stick at. From being poisoned twice to staring down snake creep, well, Nikko had her fill for one day. "Ugh! It's no use Aponi. I think I'll just run away."

Aponi brightened like a glowing blue will 'o wisp. "Brilliant idea, Hime-sama! Yes. Oh, but where should you go?"

Nikko had actually been kidding. But the more she thought on it the better the idea was beginning to sound. If she could find somewhere free of the main story to lay low, well, she may just have a shot after all. "Hell if I know. Say, shouldn't you know the geography around here?"

"I'm afraid Aponi has not been privy to the outside world in quite some time. We stayed with the real Hime-sama here for generations. But perhaps...yes, in the Clan storage facility, there used to be a map of the world."

"Bingo! Alright, what are we waitin' for? Let's go look at it!"

So Nikko set off in the dead of night to the Clans' storage facility. It turned out that it was a big building in the middle of the Clan grounds. The girl wasn't sure if it would be locked or not, but was pleasantly surprised to find it unlocked. She slid the door open and gazed around. It reeked of musk and dust as though untouched for a long time. Rows of shelves one after another lined the medium sized room. 

"Okay...map...map.." 

After much searching it was located inside a box labeled 05. Also in the same box were various ninja weapons. Nikko contemplated getting the items. Realizing she would need to be watchful of rogue ninja on the way, she took all the kunai, shuriken, and scrolls. Because she didn't have a bag or pouch to put them in they were shoved into her kimono top and sleeves. "There. Heh. What a score," she mused.

Aponi lighted the way towards a particular shelf. "Hime-sama...please, take these artifacts as well. They may prove useful should you run into trouble."

Without really seeing what they were Nikko quickly loaded down her socks. "Yosh! This should be plenty, Aponi. Let's leave before someone finds us." The girl was referring to the staffed shinobi that guard the Utsuri Clan. Hired long ago by the Kazekage whom also bought the first Utsuri family. At this time of night, the mentioned shinobi would be going on patrol.

Because of this she had to proceed with extra caution on the way back to the main house. 

"Made it. Phew." Nikko let out a sigh and quickly set to work on unloading her goodies from the kimono. Aponi then reminded her of Governess Gale, so she found an old hat box that would hide the ninja tools until she was ready to flee. All that was left out was the map of the world. It had saw better days with edges worn down and ripped here and there. Still, she rolled it out and held it down with a brass candle holder. 

"Okay...so this is the world huh. Bigger than I thought. It's actually just as big as the one I came from," she remarked while looking it over. The map [key] had titles of several villages and she perused the list. Her eyes landed on one area in particular. "Hey Aponi, what's this one? Here?" She pointed.

Aponi landed on the map and replied, "The Land of Tea Hime-sama. It's ran by the Wasabi and Wagarashi family. At least that was the case some years ago."

"Hmm...I see...so, does this place have shinobi? Ya know, like this place?"

"Not really, no. Instead of having their own troops The Land of Tea hires ninja from nearby villages, such as Konohagakure."

"Considering it's called The Land of Tea, does that mean they drink it there?" Nikko tried not to sound too ignorant.

Aponi answered by explaining what they knew about the land. "The Land of Tea is between this Village and the Hidden Leaf. The entire village is ran by the purchase and exchange of Tea. Both families, Wasabi and Wagarashi, compete every four years for control over the land. There are many Tea Houses in that village, so...yes, they do indeed drink tea. A large quantity of it I imagine."

Nikko thought on those words and tried to not be too hopeful. With all of her experience with Tea Ceremony, she could potentially make a living there while she searched for her true love. Assuming that she could make it there of course. After another look to the map, she read, 'Land of Claws' as well as 'Land of Lakes'. "Looks like I'd need to go through these places first," she mused aloud.

"Aponi has no knowledge of those Lands, Hime-sama. It may prove to be dangerous!"

With a shrug Nikko gestured around her. "And this place is any better? The way I see it Aponi, the only way I can do what you brought me here for is by staying alive. And hiding out here would be perfect. I don't remember it at all in the show," she explained. 

Granted I didn't finish the series...I only made it to Naruto being trained by Jiraiya, but whatever.

The butterflies glittered. "The show as you say, Hime-sama...is a realm apart from the one you originate."

"Another realm? Wow. I'd ask but I have a feeling I'd rather not know," Nikko replied. She glanced into the hat box filled with ninja tools. "Anyway, since I'm here now I'll need to practice being a shinobi. This body seems to know quite a bit but she's never been in a real fight before. If I run into trouble I need to be ready for it!"

With that in mind Nikko decided that beginning tomorrow morning she would start training. Even though she had no plans of being in the story, the girl didn't want to be defenseless either. So after hiding the hat box on the top of her closet she changed into bed time attire and got into the unrolled futon. "Okay Aponi. I have tomorrow to train. After that....when we leave to the Hidden Leaf, I'll need to make my move."

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Two Days Later •°*”˜.•°*”˜

Her Outfit:

Temari, Kankuro, Baki and Gaara were all waiting for her at the village gate. Nikko hoped they hadn't been waiting for very long. The tall gate appeared to be quite protective. She doubted her ability to leap it if needed.

Baki walked forward and gave her a nod of greeting. "Utsuri-san, good to see you again." He bowed his head politely. 

"You too, Baki-san."

Temari shifted her body weight to her hip and smirked at Nikko. "Hm. Is that all you're taking? Not much if you ask me."

The masked girl held up the drawstring purse which had a flat bottom and patterned with koi fish. Two purple beads adorned the strings. "No worries. I've got enough. What about you guys?"

Kankuro and Temari grinned. "Our weapons are all we need. Right, Gaara-san?"

The quiet red head had his eyes shut and arms crossed again, but made a noise that might have been agreement. Nikko couldn't help but stare behind her Otafuku mask, drinking in the teens good looks. It was too bad Gaara wasn't her true love. Then again, if he were, Nikko would be part of the story. Which could end in disaster.

She was glad to be leaving for the Land of Tea. 

The gathered party spoke briefly about the mission while Baki reminded Nikko what her specific role was to be. Once the Three Sand Siblings completed the second part of the Chunin Exams, Nikko would infiltrate the Hidden Leaf and wait for the Final Exams to commence. When given the signal by Baki, Nikko would freeze time for everyone watching the fight. After time froze it was her job to kill the ANBU, Jonin, and Leaf ninja in the stands. Gaara would then transform into his Shukaku state. From there it would be a piece of cake to take over the Village, provided Orochimaru took care of the Third Hokage.

There was no way Nikko wanted to take part in that. She'd never even gotten into a fist fight in her past life. Asking her to kill that many people seemed like some strange dream. Except she was part of the dream now--this was real, not a fantasy.

With the blue sky above beaming sun down on them all and dust kicking up from their feet they left Sunagakure. Nikko kept quiet and observed her surroundings, trying to memorize the landscape just in case. She really hoped not to fight anyone. Aponi and her had came up with the idea of faking a kidnapping. If all went well they'd think she'd been kidnapped. Nikko planned on leading them astray until the trail grew cold. In this way they couldn't trace her whereabouts.

Hours came by and went. Now that they'd put a good distance between them and the Hidden Sand and were now some way into the Land of Swamps, Nikko relaxed. Everyone else seemed to as well. The environment slowly began to change. While the Sand village had been filled with deserts and craggy mountain ranges, the Land of Swamps looked as it sounded. Lots of water. In fact, it became so much so that they'd all taken to the tree tops. Even those were moist, and the bark had fluffy moss growing around it. 

Hiss

Hiss

A-hoo

The girl gulped and kept pace with her crew despite hearing snakes and strange birds up above. It was like the jungles of Africa here; not that she'd been there. Aponi stayed on her shoulder the entire time. "Hime-sama, we're getting closer to the Land of Fire. Once we make it to dry ground it will be harder to disappear.."

Nikko glanced forward at the shinobi ahead of her. Baki, Temari and Kankuro were all ahead. Gaara had taken a more leisurely speed and didn't appear to have broken a sweat, easily keeping the same pace as her. The girl was the only one tiring. She supposed her new body wasn't used to so much exercise; being cooped up in the Utsuri Clan grounds all her life. 

As soon as we get a bit closer, I need to use my jutsu...

Finally, after a break for food it was time. Nikko told Baki she needed to use the restroom and began backtracking through the tall moss covered trees. 

sssfss

When she was far enough away not to be seen or heard, the girl bit her thumb and slid the blood across her masks eyes, doing the hand signs for the Jikan Henko no jutsu. "Time Altering Jutsu," she whispered. All around her the wind which had been blowing the entire time died down. Nikko observed her surroundings. "It looks like the jutsu affected maybe 160 yards. I've got to be quick.."

With Aponi's guidance she began to fake a kidnapping. With a little blood smeared here and there as if there'd been a struggle, thrown kunai, and torn branches, the scenery was coming to life. Next she tore a bit of her outfit and planted it among the moss. "What do you think Aponi?"

The monarch trio glittered white. "It should throw them off for awhile. How are you holding up?"

Nikko wiped sweat away. "My chakra is beginning to run low. I won't be able to hold it much longer."

"Then Hime-sama needs to get a move on! Quickly, to the Land of Claws!"

Heeding the advice the girl fled as fast as she could, leaving her shinobi sandals to drown in the water just in case they could spot her sshoe prints. Instead of using only her feet to move with Nikko grabbed vine after vine, swinging like Tarzan through the marsh. At last, when she'd made it to dry ground again she dropped to the forest floor to catch her breath. "Ha..ha...Aponi...I'm killed..."

"Good job Hime-sama. What a smart move by using the vines! It will be harder to trace your scent. Plus, the next rain will wash your smell away."

Nikko nodded and tiredly leaned against the bark of a tree. "Ha..ha...yeah. Just give me like, five minutes okay?"

"Yes Hime-sama."

Five minutes came and went. Aponi woke Nikko and reminded her of the goal. Now that she was in the Land of Claws, Aponi told her of the many wild beasts living there. The girl groaned. "Great...so not only rogue ninja, but I have to worry about Bears and Cheetahs too? Damn."

"Yes...be on your guard Hime-sama."

With a sigh of dread, the tired girl rose and began hopping through the trees once more. It was becoming night time now. With any luck, her comrades from the Sand wouldn't be able to find her as easily in the darkness. She realized it was harder to navigate the trees and keep the same pace. The full extent of darkness set in. Nikko had to find a safe place for the night. "Aponi...go on ahead and tell me where the nearest cave is why don't you?"

"Of course! Aponi will be right back, Hime-sama."

Now all alone the girl sagged against a tree trunk and tried to catch her ragged breath. Using the Jikan Henko no jutsu and fleeing for so long had more than exhausted her. She really wanted to do nothing more than fall asleep where she stood. But, with the chance of capture she knew it best to keep the course. 

A few moments later Aponi was done scouting the forest. The butterflies excitedly told her about a cave less than a mile ahead, but warned that there may be a bear lurking. Nikko knew it was a risk she would have to take as her body was too fatigued to carry on without rest. So, led by Aponi, the girl hopped through the forest until spotting the cave mentioned. 

Doesn't look like anyone's home. Finally...I can rest.

Aponi told the girl to sleep while they kept guard. Nikko happily agreed to that and made a bed of leaves just inside the entrance. It was cold but not freezing so she didn't need a fire. Her purple eyes shut and stayed that way until a loud roar woke her up.

"Hime-sama, wake up!" Aponi screamed.

With the skill of a ninja Nikko rolled and grabbed from her pouch a kunai. She blearily looked around and saw that it was morning. More importantly, a large shadow blocked the cave entrance. It was a giant brown bear which looked upset at the intruder in it's cave. "Shit!" Nikko cursed. Her body was still very tired at having only a few hours rest but she ignored it to use the Jikan henko no jutsu again. Just to buy herself some time. The bear appeared to slow down in front of her as she navigated around it, stabbing it's chest with her kunai before leaping into the nearest tree. 

It was just in time too. The jutsu wore off due to the user being fatigued, causing the bear to come alive with a vengeance. It rose on back legs and looked murderous, perhaps thoroughly upset by the wound on it's chest. Either way it pursued Nikko relentlessly for many miles until at last giving up. 

"Finally! Damn, thought it'd never leave me alone..." Nikko said with a loud sigh. Once again she was exhausted. 

Aponi flew way above the trees before fluttering back down, blue wings catching the sunlight. "Hime-sama, we're reaching the Land of Lakes."

"Land of Lakes....ugh, let me guess, it's got...lakes?"

"Astute observation."

After another quick rest the girl convinced herself to rise and continue on. She only needed to get through the Land of Lakes to arrive at her destination. From there she could hopefully locate a town and find somewhere to sleep. She also hoped to find a place selling shoes, seeing as hers were long gone now. 

As she reached the first large lake Nikko realized she was screwed. The water stretched on as if forever with no land in sight. She looked from her perch on a treetop to her goal. "Houston, we have a problem."

"Who is Houston, Hime-sama?"

"Don't worry about it. So, any great ideas on how to get across the water? It's not like I have a boat or anything."

"Try using chakra. The original owner of your body could walk up straight mountains and trees using only feet! All Hime-sama needs to do is focus her chakra on the soles of her feet."

Nikko groaned. To her it sounded impossible. But it was clear she couldn't swim such a long distance with her level of fatigue so she began to practice. The first attempt resulted in a comical splash in the water. Now her entire outfit was drenched. It took two excruciating hours of practice and many dips into the lake before at last Nikko could hold herself above the liquid. "Look, Aponi! I'm doing it! Hell yeah!"

"Astounding Hime-sama! Your ability to learn new techniques is that of a true prodigy!"

The girl responded by rubbing her upper lip cockily. "Heh. Of course. What do you take me for? Anyway...let's get going. I'm starving."

Carefully as well as shakily, Nikko began to walk across the water. Her bare feet were scratched, bleeding and bruised from all the use but the girl carried on. She made it over half the way across the lake before her chakra wavered, sending her splashing into the water. "Glub..!" She flailed around for a minute.

"Hime-sama!"

Her body was too tired to continue on. Nikko realized by training to walk on the water she had used up the last bits of chakra she had restored, and was now paying the price. Slowly she began to sink. The talking of sailors drew her attention to the left, where a large merchants boat was being unloaded onto a dock. Her hands splashed all around to signal for help.

A person came to her rescue. She glimpsed a blurred figure running the length of the dock before making their way by shoreline to her. They jumped into the water and drug Nikko's drenched form to the shore line. She coughed for a bit before looking up into the face of a young man with dark hair which was pulled back into a spiked ponytail. His chocolate gaze were shocked, and the girl realized in the midst of the rescue her otafuku mask had vanished. 

"Hak...thanks," she wheezed.

The young man moved aside long locks of the girl's green hair which stuck like seaweed and smiled. "Welcome. Were you trying to kill yourself or something?"

Nikko observed her kimono was parted a bit and hastily sat up, pulling it together. "N-No! I was just trying to cross the water. Man...am I glad you came by." 

The smile she gave caused the young man to grow flustered. He rubbed his head and grinned cheekily. "Yeah well, you can thank me later."

Nikko's face grew red and she glanced shyly away from the forwardness.

Aponi glittered brightly above her. "Hime-sama! This is your chance! Maybe it is fate!"

The girl doubted it but allowed him to help her up. He took notice of her missing shoes, torn kimono and pale complexion. "We can talk more later. C'mon, I'll bring you to boss." Without a warning she was gathered into his arms. "My name's Morino, by the way. Idate Morino. And yours, beautiful?"

She glanced up into his arrogant eyes and smiled tiredly. "Utsuri. Utsuri Nikko."

"Well, Utsuri-chan, you're as beautiful as the first cherry blossom of spring."

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

11