Chapter 12: Understanding The Current Situation Part – 02
87 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: Here is the other chapter. Also I've decided to keep Arturia as Arturia and edited the last chapter. If you are a new reader it won't cause you any problem. One more thing does no one read author's thought at the bottom? Let me know.)

"These looks familiar." Shiro felt like he saw these things before.

"These are called Neuro Linker. It's used to connect to your brain wave to control the computer inside the collar. But in your case you won't need them for that. As you already have AI chips in your brain. These are custom made for you." Minerva explained to Shiro about the devices he was seeing in front of him.

"I know about nuro linker those are morre of a helmet like things. You wear them and enter a virtual reality world. But these seems like... ah I remember now this design is from the anime Accel World. But how come? I didn't know that my parents watched old animes. Maybe coincedence?" Shiro felt doudtful about whether or not his parents were actually secret otakus.

"I have no data regarding that. Please take one out. They are all the same, we have a few here just in case you break them." Minerva urged Shiro to take one of the neuro linkers out.

"Hmm. is that so? Then I'll take this black one." Shiro took out one of the neuro linkers which was black. As soon as he took one out the compartment closed itself. " So the compartment closes as soon as I take one out. Am I allowed to take only one at a time? And what are these blue crystals on the both end of the neuro linker?" Shiro asked MInerva for clarification.

"Yes, you can only take one at a time. They are all identical and locked to you so no one other than you can use them. Other than keeping a spare there is actually no reason for you to carry a extra one with you. And even if you don't have one it'll not hamper you much. You will understand in a bit. As for the two crystal type objects at the both end of your neuro linker, they are the hologram projectors built into the neuro linker."

"That makes sense, I guess. But what are these projectors for?"

"Wear them and you will understand."

"Got it." Shiro put the neuro linker on his neck, The open side of the neuro linker faced forward and the  and the middle of the neuro linker touched the back of his neck. The two crystal like hologram projector were positioned at both left and right side of his lower neck. As soon as he put the neuro linker on he heard a voice in his head.

" Neural interface detected. Seeking permission from host to connect the neuro linker."

"Connect? Yes or No."

"Whoa! what is this voice again?" Shiro beacame surprised at the new voice which appeared in his mind.

"It's the basic AI."Explained Rin.

"Oh ok. I never thought it could speak."

"I never said it couldn't. It's just it's responses are all like mechanical robotic dialogue. You probably can't hold a human like conversation with it. Think of it like a computer with a voice. Don't think too much, it doesn't have the capability to harm you."

"I'm not worried about that. Anyway thanks for the explanation."

"Nevermind that! Just make your choice.

"Alright alright. Yes connect."

"Connecting. Connection established to the neural interface. Identifying it as a neuro linker."

"Retrieving data from the device storage. Complete."

"Enabling the hologram projector. Complete."

"Neuro linker is ready to use by the host and the companions."

As soon as the connection was established, the AI went silent. And Shiro suddenly heard Rin's excited voice in his head.

"Wow, Shiro Shiro this thing is for us to use."

"What do you mean for you to use?"

"There is no use in explaining to you. Let us just show you what I mean."

Shiro felt a slight vibration on his neck, then he heard a voice.

""Shiro look here.""

"What! I hear Rin and Arturia's voce outside my head how is that possible?"

"Shiro look to your left."

"No Shiro look to your right."

Shiro first looked to his left where he saw a palm sized version of Tohsaka Rin in her child form. And when he looked to his right he saw a palm sized version of Arturia Pendragon in her child form.

"How come they are out of my head?" Shiro asked Minerve dumbfoundedly.

"That is the function of your neuro linker. It can project a small version of your AI companions out side for you to interect. Also for your information the can't go too far from you. Otherwise the neuro linker can't project them . Another function of the neuro linker is that it can connect to the ships database and any viable information network." Minerva explained Shiro about the functions of the neuro linker.

"Ooo ha. I'm too surprised to even know how to react. Anyway thanks for the explanation."

"Nee Shiro how do we look?" Rin asked shiro in her child like voice.

"Both of you look extremely cute." Shiro looked at them and replied.

"Cute? Nothing else."

"Shiro you can't call a King like me cute."

"What do you expect, both of you really look extremly cute in your palm sized child form."

"Just wait till I get my adult form."

"Right."


To read advanced chapter on patreon:

Support me on pat**reon.com/kazenoou02.

Patreon has up to chapter: 66.

You can also support me if you want with Kofi.

https://ko-**fi.com/kazenoou02

1