Chapter 3: Ceremony
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chief's wife has given birth to a boy. These words quickly spread throughout the whole tribe in no time.
John is currently the strongest person in the tribe and he is also a good leader, that's why all people in the tribe respect him. Therefore, for the next two days, John's house was nearly flooded by his tribesman, congratulating him on having a son.

---
After sending another guest out from his house, John heaved a long sigh, " Fheew.., I think nearly two hundred people have come to my house in the last two days. I still have to prepare for the ceremony. Now I understand, being a parent is not that easy."

As far as people of this tribe know, there exists a system that even a newborn will be able to use just after 7 days of its birth. Nobody knows when this process started. But according to their ancestors, the system was always there even in their time.

The ceremony is nothing but a process when a newborn gets recorded in the system for the first time. After getting recorded by the system, people get access to the basic info of their surroundings & other living beings by a function called <Inspect> of this system.

" After the ceremony, I will be able to know what type of genius I have given birth to" John was hopeful, maybe his son is born with a powerful bloodline or a unique physique or even an incredible innate talent. John knows that all of this is just his delousing thoughts, but he is still hopeful. After all, which father doesn’t want their son to become a successful person in the future.

----
Soon it was already the day of his ceremony, but David's mind was on a different thing. Currently, David is drinking milk from his mother's breasts, "Hmm… this is heaven, I wish I can just live like this forever, other than sleeping and drinking milk from my mother's breasts, I don't have to do anything."

But his fantasy was torn apart when his father's voice come from the outside, " Aleena, it's time for the ceremony to begin, you should come to the main hall with our child."

Shortly after, David was inside the main hall of the house.

Aleena placed David in the basket present in the middle for all family members to see the process.

David was confused by their actions, it is only a week since he come to this world so he still wasn't able to understand their language.

David was wondering about what was happening because all his family members were surrounding him in the middle and waiting as if something was going to happen when all of a sudden he started to feel warmth throughout his body and a dim white light started to erupt out of him.

" Hey system, what is happening to me? " David's only reliable partner was his system, so he can only ask for its help.

[ Master, when you are more powerful in the future, I will tell you more about this. For now, just know that this is a normal process which every newborn has to go through and one more thing, from now on others will be able to know some of your basic details]

Although David wanted to ask more about this, he still trusted his system, so he ask the next question which come to his mind, "Wouldn't it become a problem when people get to know that my race is 'destroyer' and not a human entirely."

[ You don't have to worry about this master. No one will be able to know about your origin and things related to it, I will hide them]

David was relieved after hearing his system's words and shifted his attention to the white light which has started from his feet and is now near his chest.

When the white light reached David's head it suddenly vanished, like it wasn't even there.

---
[ Inspect ] [ Inspect ] [ Inspect ] [ Ins....

Every member of his family shouted at the same time. They were curious about his stats, and after reading the white screen in front of them, all of them were shocked, but they were also happy.

Because in front of them on the screen...

[ < Status >

Name: ?/
Title: ?/
Race: ?/
Bloodline: Human

H.P: 0.1
M.P: None
Stamina - 0.1
Vitality - 0.1
Soul Power - 0.2
Skills - None]

Any normal newborn would have 0.1 stats in every attribute (except m.p) and having 0.2 in soul stat means he will be more intelligent than his peers. Although the difference is only 0.1, it can become a deciding factor when he gains more stats in the future.

Aleena was puzzled by one thing, so she decided to ask his husband " Dear, do you know why the system didn't mention 'Human' in our child's race? "

Hearing his wife's doubt, John also shook his head, " I also don't know. I wonder if father knows something about this " while saying this, John looked towards his father.

But even the old chief doesn't know about the answer, because it is also his first time encountering such a situation. "Let's just hope it is something better, which will help my grandson in the future. "

-----
" Hey, system, what did you do, why are they shaking their heads. They also look serious about something. I hope it isn't something bad for me."

[ You don't have to worry about anything master, I have already hidden your name and your race from everyone. All your other stats are quite normal, so I didn't think they will do anything ]

" So... what are they seeing as my race if you have hidden it?"

[ They will see nothing ]

" Which means..., you have left it empty ?"

[ Yes ]

" You IDIOT!..., wouldn't they find it suspicious if they didn't see anything in my race's section. " David shouted furiously at his system's stupidity for leaving such an obvious loophole.

[ But...but..., sorry master..., although I can hide some of your details, I can't produce anything false. ]

" Oh... sorry then, for shouting at you when it wasn't even your fault "

[ It's okay master, I wouldn't mind no matter what you say to me]

" Hm...thanks, let's just hope that these people wouldn't treat me differently after this ". After saying that to his system, David again fell asleep.

2