7 – Calamity
55 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A silhouette of a woman can be seen walking slowly toward Satou and Zena. 

/Who is it? I didn't feel her present at all/ Satou immediately put on his guard.

Little by little, a woman was clearly visible. And Zena surprised and shout to the woman.

"Miko Ohna-sama!!" Zena immediately run toward the woman.

"It's been a while, Marientale house's Zena. Is your younger brother in a good health?" Ask the woman with a smile.

"Yes. He will succeeding as the family head next year, so right now he is frantically studying"

"Ah,, Satou. This is Ohna-sama, she is the count daughter. And due to my mother nursing, she came to be concerned about my younger brother" explain Zena about the woman.

"Please to meet you. I'm Satou a traveler" Satou introduce himself while lowering his head.

"I'm Ohna, a miko in the service of the Parion temple. Please forgot what Zena said about my descent. The class or rank s of people on society hild no meaning to a miko" Said Miko Ohna with seriousness. And then she look toward Zena.

"But now, it's seem i can relax. For spring has sprung on Zena, who once has nothing but the study of magic in her head. Am i wrong?" Said Miko Ohna with a little tease.

"No, it's not like that! Satou is... well... we've just meet. Our relationship is not outrageous like that or something. I didn't mean that i dislike it, It just... i mean.... mmm" Zena frantically trying to explain to the miko. But Miko Ohna only smile hearing what Zena said.

Before the three can have a long conversation. Some people shout outside.

"Priest-sama, the boss Boril is deathly sick" Shout some visitor.

"But some common priest like us can't cure his disease" explain the priest to the visitor.

"Then call out the Miko-sama!"

"Boril resident at the western block right? There's no way we can take an *ORACLE MIKO* to a place that brothel line the street"

"Please make an exception!?"

An argument between a priest and a visitor can be heard from the outside of the temple.

"Zena, it's seem and emergency has arisen. So we have to end our conversation here" Said Miko Ohna

"Yes, it's okay. Then i will continue my walk with Satou. I promise him to take him around the town" answer Zena with a smile and Satou only lower his head.

 Miko Ohna immediately walk toward the priest and the visitor.

"I will go. Prepare a coach" Said Miko Ohna.

"But Ohna-sama, sometime ago. Your oracle predict *Calamity will fall upon the zycuuon temple* wouldn't going to their temple in the western block be dangerous?" Said the priest to Miko Ohna.

"It's way off from Boril mansion. So it should be fine" explain Miko Ohna to the priest.

"Skill KEEN HEARING acquired*

Satou that already a little far away still can hear their conversation.

/Darn is there will be a problem? But, whatever. If it's just the two of us. I can protect Zena just fine/

Satou and Zena continue their walk toward the soldiers training grounds. There they witness how the soldiers usually training. After that they enter the windmill. After exploring the windmill they use the street coach to their next destination. In the way Satou see a farmer harvesting something.

"What are they harvest in this time of season?" Ask Satou

"That, it's gabo fruit. Its turn up as the army food sometimes. But it's not popular. The smell is to intense and it's really bitter"

"So it's taste bad. But why they cultivate it?"

"Because of the merit. It's can be harvest in a month. There's rarely crop failure. It can be planted everywhere. And it's can massively decrease hunger. And the demerit is just that fruit is goblin favorite. So we need to make a fence for the land so goblin can't steel them" explain Zena to Satou.

"So it's a food for the poor?"

"Huhf,,, something like that" Said Zena while lower her head.

"Look Satou, there the anti dragon tower!" Shout Zena while pointing toward a big tower.

"A large magic canon installed in there to prevent the invasion of flaying and non-flaying dragon"

"Ohhh, it's have a thick and heavy presence. But there's a field here, did you not fight them outside the town? But is something like that enough to fight a dragon?" ask Satou while pointing toward a field.

"This plain in prepared to fight them here in the first place. And actually it's can't kill a dragon. It's different story if it's a wyvern though" Zena giggling explaining it to Satou.

"Zena, is that broken tower because of dragon?" Ask satou when he pointing toward a destroyed tower.

"Yes, it's get destroyed 2 year ago when a low class dragon attack. The most damage dragon attack happen 42 year ago. When black dragon attack. I heard that the tower get destroyed and the castle get damaged too. Nevertheless they managed to repel it" Zena said with a little sad face.

"Repel it, how? Wait don't tell me they sacrifice some people?"

"No no. There's no way the lord doing something like that. Apparently, it flew of quietly after eating it's fill of the cattle on the farms. Maybe, from the dragon eye. We human is not that different from an ant" Zena look toward the sky with her sad faces.

"Did human is the weakest race among all?" Satou said with slightly confused face.

"But Satou, human have hero" Interject Zena to Satou sentence.

"But, what is *HERO* in the first place? is it really like what Miko Ohna said?"

"I don't really know the details. But from what i know. Usually hero is someone that get summoned to save this word from a calamity that usually is a demon king. And Saga empire have a big scale sorcery called *Hero Summoning* but they only use it when they demon king invasion that happens in a cycle every 66 year. In this time, it's wouldn't be strange if a demon king attack" explain Zena

"Is there any information for the demon king invasion?"

"The Shiga Kingdom and Saga Empire's city have an information magic tool for emergency use. Above all, before a demon king appearance. Each temple miko will receive *Oracle* so we know when they will come"

"The Hero who will fight them is sure have it rough. Not only they need to fight the demon king, but also the demon race and demon beast. We normal human maybe can fight the low class. But the middle class demon resistance is to high. More over the high class one. I just hope that they will not appear in the middle of city. I don't want to think about the destruction and the damage" Said Zena while lower his head and clenching his hand.

"Yeah, i hope too"

After their walk, Zena suggest to Satou to look at the western block.

'These place look like a criminal den. Almost all illegal people here. Some illegal activities also happen at this moment. What is the soldiers doing in this city block?'

"Please stop for a bit!" Shout Zena to the driver.

"Zena?" Satou ask.

"Satou, look at that crowd" Said zena pointing at a crowded place.

Satou look at the place and shock. 3 beast folk in chains and surrounded by many people.One is a lizard woman and the 2 is the cat and dog beast folk that he help yesterday.

"What are those two kid doing there?" Satou confused about what happened.

"Did you know them Satou?" ask Zena.

"Yeah, i know the 2 little beast folk girl. I help them yesterday. They're just a good kid. Why they chained like that? Did slave usually receive that kind of treatment?"

'And this ambience. Don't tell me, Miko Ohna oracle. Is this the start of the calamity? I hope not'

'But host, there's a rat between the crowd thought'

'Damn, i forgot about that rat'

'Let's wait and see first. But do something before those 3 got to much wound'

Before Zena can answer Satou question, a chubby priest walk toward the beast folk and shout near them.

"These demi human is a failure of the demon race. Let the hammer fall upon the Devil's dependants. You can accumulated good deeds by taking the sacred jewel her to throw and strick the dependent!"

"What the f*** is that cubby saying. isn't that just a normal rock?!" retord Satou after hearing what the priest said.

"People of virtue. Do you remember the divine starfall from a few days ago?! Furthermore! The demon King's top brass even attack the count's castle yesterday"

"Oh my God!"

"Save us hero-sama!"

"Eh? Did something like that really happened?"

"Well, it's sort of happens. Actually yesterday, someone rushing toward the guard room and said *A black shadow flying around the count's castle*. But because neither person in the castle and the one on guard duty sign such a thing. That's why now the person who said that git imprisoned. And we didn't know why they make that false report" explain Zena.

"Ahhh. Did that priest use that news to rilling the town's people?" Satou try to think all the possibility.

"These incidents is proof that God protection is weakened. People of virtue, gather your good deeds! By accumulating your good deeds, you can protect yourself from the calamity!" Shout the priest.

"Observe these!!" Shout the priest presenting the beast folk.

"Demi human are the failure of the demon race! No! They're demon underlings! And you can accumulating your good deeds by passing a holy judgement upon them"

"Did we kill them?" As a onlooker.

"If you kill them, you will committing crime by this kingdom law. But you can accumulating good deeds by taking this holy stone and hitting the devil's underling using these"

'And now he said it a stone. Just earlier he said it a jewel'

'Hush host. He's a stupid person. And i think he will sell those stone to the people'

'Huhf,,, human stupidity. The most dangerous disease in the whole multiple dimensions'

Satou facepalm himself after hearing what the priest said. And Zena look at Satou with a confused face.

"Priest-sama! Give us the holy stone"

"Okay! But this is not a charity. Only buy paying buy own pocket will you be able to accumulated a good deed"

"One copper coin for one stone. And there's a limit to the number of the stone. So only the one who buy the stone can accumulated a good deed! If you want to buy. Please make a line!"

A lot of people line up for the stone. And the one that already receive their stone immediately throw their stone toward the beast folk. The lizard woman hug the two little beast folk to protect them from the stone.

"I can't stand this. I will be back in a bit" Zena immediately run toward the beast folk girl.

Satou that look at Zena immediately take some coin and flick them toward some rock that on hand of some people. Because of that some people stop for a bit from throwing their stone.

'I need to save those three. But if i run to them it will be useless if the people still throwing their stone'

'Host, those three owner is not that priest. But the rat. What would you do?'

'Damn, I can't just kill the rat like that. I don't know what would happen if that rat die. Partner, can you pin all of the people that maybe in cohort with that priest?'

'Wait... okay it's done. The rat guild members that in here also include, some people that have the loud voice that rilling the people from the start too' 

'Thanks aibou. Let's do our job'

*Skill SCHEMING acquired*

"Please stop these inhumane conduct!" Shout Zena when she arrived at the three beasts folk.

"What are you little girl! Are you the ally of the demon race too!" Shout the priest whit angry voice.

"Yes she is. Throw the stone at her too!" Shout someone to rilled the people.

Zena immediately chanting a magic. And she active her magic to protect herself from the stone that get thrown toward her.

'She can't protect them for long. I need to hurry a bit'

Satou walk toward a man than get pinned by his partner and do a hand chop on his neck. The man immediately lost conscious and Satou take him to road side.

*Skill ABDUCTION acquired*

*Skill ASSASSINATION acquired*

'Let's steadily take all off them'

"Cease this at once!" Another priest come out from the crowds.

"Did zycuuon temple so corrupt that their priest is swindling the people?" said the priest while having a sorry face

"Isn't it the priest from the philanthropist Galleon temple? If you really like these animal so much. You can take their front or back after we beat them up" The cubby priest said with a smug face.

"See. He even using those foul language. Is a priest really saying something like that. Really, is the zycuuon temple already drop that far?" The priest shake his head.

'The instigator is mostly gone now. Only the rat and his guard now. And let's ask that man to help us'

{Hey uncle. I have a gold coin. Will you help me} whisper Satou to a man behind the crowds.

{What should i do?} ask the man while taking the coin and having a big smile on his face.

{Easy, just do....} Satou smile and the man also smile while giving satou a thump up.

"Do you not understand, if you continue fanning the unease of the people and cause a riot. The zycuuon temple will be held responsible for this treason!"

"A foolish lizard that borrow the might of a dragon... And you're telling me not to kill them. Are you not the traitor than?"

When Zena and the priest had an argument. Satou is approaching the rat. He silently take out his guard and the rat.

"If this continues, the fief's troops really will came out!" Said the slender priest.

"Are you trying to defy God, you fool!" Shout the cubby priest.

Satou slowly walking toward Zena and the priest while carrying the rat. He put out the rat when he arrived in front of Zena.

"Urs-sama?!" Said the cubby priest.

"Satou, who is this?" ask Zena.

"What have you done to this devout believer who supplied the demi human slaves!" Shout the cubby priest to Satou.

"Sorry for the wait, Zena. And thanks for the help slim priest. This man is the ringleader" Said Satou to Zena and the priest.

"You said *Ringleader*" The priest ask for Satou confirmation.

"Satou, how did you know this person is the ringleader?" Zena ask too.

"Yes he is. I will reveal everything right now. But Zena, did you have a magic that can make my voice can be heard on the entire plaza?"

"Yes i have. ###### Whisper Wind"

*WIND MAGIC acquired*

*WIND MAGIC RESISTANCE acquired*

"People of Seiryuu City!!! Can you see this man!! This man is the mastermind behind this!" shout Satou while pick the rat up and shown his face to the crowds.

"This man lend his slave to the Zycuuon priest in order to rile everyone and create panic! He do this to sell you a plain stone as a holy stone and take your hard earned money through deception!" explain Satou to all the crowds.

"What!!! Give our money back!!!" Shout someone.

"Eh, did he trick us?"

"Give back out money!" A lot of people on the crowds start to shout toward the cubby priest.

"What more, he has an ulterior motives. Using the zycuuon priest who tried to earn some extra change. His true objective was to incite everyone to rebelling against the count!" 

"He. In fact is the ones who worship the Devil!" Shout Satou while falsely accusing the rat.

*Skill FALSE ACCUSATION acquired*

'I didn't know this rat real goal. What this rat do is to random'

'Maybe he really want to create a rebellion here'

'What he get from that rebellion thought?'

"So, demonic monster ware also in this city? Is that guy is the one who controlling demon race from the shadow?" Shout someone on the crowds.

"What, demon race?"

"Is there demon in the city?"

"That guy is a demon than"

One by one the people in the plaza start to panicking.

'Damn you, why you should said about a demon' Satou curse in his mind

'Host, did that man said about controlling demon race?'

'Yes, controlling demon race. Is this rat the one who control or get controlled? If he's the one who control, what he get from this? But if he's the one being controlled....'

'What happened host?'

'Partner, is it possible to artificially create demon race or demon beast?'

'Its possible, you need a lot of miasma thought. But you can only get that easily from a labyrinth'

Satou and Dea was shocked and gaped because they already understood what the rat was planning.

'Hahahahahahahuhf'

'Isn't this dangerous host'

'Yes, really dangerous. This f****** rat trying to make labyrinth in this city. That's why he rile the people. So that there a lot of negative emotions in this town'

'And he can create the labyrinth to create more demon beast or maybe demon race'

'The danger aside. What should we do partner?' Satou ask his partner

'We can't do anything to prevent this to happen. So we just need to clear the labyrinth. Or maybe make the labyrinth became save for normal people'

'So it's come to that'

After they know what they need to do. Satou and Dea became calmer.

"Zena, can you ask for other soldier to came here to control the crowds? And priest, can you try to calm the crowds?"

"Okay Satou. I will go right now"

"Understood, i will try"

But before Zena and the priest can do anything. A black hand came out from Urs stomach. And immediately kill the chubby priest that near him.

"KUKUKUKUKUKUKUKUKUKU" A creepy voice can be heard on the entire plaza.

"Whad ih....dis ahm..." Urs want to said something but his voice not come out perfectly because of the hole in his stomach.

"AHHHHHHH It's a demon!!!!" The crowds run from the plaza.

"Smack down the demon race!!!" some stupid person try to throw a stone toward the demon. And that make the other try to doing the something.

"Satou, i will call the reinforcement" Shout Zena while she's running.

"Everyone. Don't throw the stone toward the demon. Just evacuate from the plaza right now. #######" The priest shout to make the crowds run evacuate and immediately chanting some magic.

"Damnit. We late. I need to secure those three safety" Satou destroyed the chain that bind them to the plaza floor.

"It's dangerous here. We will evacuate to a safe place"

"No, it's an order" Said the cat.

"We are not allowed to move, nanodesu" Said the dog.

"We receive strick order from our master Urs. *Don't move frome here* so of we disobey it. The collar of subordinations will tighten and chock us. So please don't mind us" Said the lizard.

The three beasts flock look so scared and their whole body is trembling. The people that still in the plaza throwing stone toward the demon hand that out from Urs stomach. But some stone also hit Urs. Until Urs body eventually plopped down on the floor.

But Suddenly Urs body stand up and the demon come out completely.

'Damn, that priest magic is not yet ready, what is that magic that need a chanting that long'

"AlL YuO InSeCT. YOu HeLP me Out BY smASHIng MY hOSt heAD. i tHAnkSfuL" The demon voice become unbearable to hear after he come out completely.

"##### Circle of Anti Evil" The priest shout his magic name.

"InsOLeNT. I SnIcKEr" said the demon mocking the priest.

'Damn, his voice became more hard to my ear. Now that the demon out completely. Urs must be dead right. So i must be ables to move those three'

"##### Sacred Javelin" The priest use another magic to attack the demon. But the demon also use his own magic and realest himself from the priest magic.

'As i suspect, he can use magic'

"ThE disTurBANce. FeaR. unEASe. PreJUdICE. aRRoGanT. TheY'RE aLL to MY liKiNG. hence I wiLL cREate A Den to mY maSTer hERe. arE'NT yOU hAPPy? i diLLiGenTlY ProVIDe"

/Master? So, he really just some errands boy/

"We will temporary retreat!!!" Shout the priest.

Satou immediately carry the three beasts folk and run toward the edge of the plaza.

"Satou, i bring reinforcement!" Zena shout calling for Satou. And Satou also see Miko Ohna with her. When Satou seeing that, he immediately use magic.

"##### Wind Whisper"

"Zena, just stick to all the soldier and never leave Miko-sama side. These demon trying to make a labyrinth here!!! He's trying to call a demon king here!!!" Satou shout as loud as he can.

After that shout. Everything became dark.

"Damn, i can't see anything. But i still can feel the three beast folk i carry. You all can hear me right? Answer if you can"

"I hear"

'This is the cat beast folk voice'

"I too nanodesu"

'The dog one nanodesu'

'You don't really need to use the nanodesu, nanodesu'

'Huhf, so there's no mind effect from this'

"I can hear you clearly young master"

'Why young master?'

Satou could see a speck of light. Which slowly spread out and then he could see his surroundings. He looked ahead, behind, left and right, and up and down. He could see that they were now in a cave.

"Looks like we're the only ones here"

"Hai""Nanodesu""Young Master"

Satou put down the three beast folk. And suddenly a voice can be heard.

"WelCOMe to MY mASter'S laBYRinTh"

"tHe LaByrINTh StiLL dOESn't hAVE a NaME bUt, I wiLL mAke SoME dEMon MoNSter FoR eveRYOne nOW"

"BE thaNKFul. ME diLLiGenT.

"It's the eyeball demon voice. But where the voice coming from?" Satou look around him. For his surprise, the cat beast folk point toward a hole in the roof cave.

"PanIC as mUcH AS yOu WaNt FoR me PleASuRE!"

"KiLL oNE aNoTHer, SteaL oNe anOThEr. me pROmotE."

"DisTRaugh HoLLow tHe SouL. hENce. Me MadE aLL thE rOOm cOnEcT to THe ExIT. Me fAIr"

"LooKINg FoRWard ThE dESPair bORn fRom HoPe. TrY yOUr BeST yOu FLieS. Me EncOUraGE"

*Title Labyrinth Explorer Acquired*

4