11 – Labyrinth 4
42 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After killing all the slime. Liza and the other come toward Satou. Nidoren and the other also arrive at the room at some point. We now have a moment of peace.

"Satou-sama, thanks you for help earlier" Said the priest that always with Miko Ohna.

"It's okay, I'm just glad that i made it in time" Smile Satou.

"Those who injured come here! We will use holy magic" Shout the priest.

After that people who get injured by the slime gather around Miko Ohna. Zena also gather around her. She got slightly burn injury because of the slime. And after all the injured gather around her, she started her chanting.

/The chant is long. It's even make Pochi and Tama sleeping/

"##### Area heal" 

*HOLY MAGIC PARION acquired*

After Miko Ohna said the magic name. Light particles fly around her and then fly toward all people that is around her. When that light particle touch the people, they shine and their injury gone like it's never there. There also some injury that still not fully healed Thought.

/Did their injury so bad that the magic can't heal them just using it once? So the rule still same as the magic from other dimensions/

Satou in the middle of his thinking. Zena called him.

"Satou-san" He turn around and see Zena walk toward him.

"I'm really glad that you're okay. As expected, you're strong" Said Zena with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, me too. I'm glad that I'm not late. Actually, it's because of this girl here" Said Satou while present her the three beast girl. But Pochi and Tama immediately hide behind Satou.

"Ahh is they the demi human from the disturbance in western block plaza?" Ask Zena.

"Tama" Tama only show her head.

"Pochi nanodesu" Pochi also the same.

/Did they actually a shy?/

Liza walk in front of Zena and lower her head.

"My name is Lizaryu. The young lady can call me Liza. Thanks for your help when we're stoned at the surface"

Tama and pochi look at each other and than run and stop beside Liza and said their thanks.

"Thanks""nanodesu" The two smile.

"You're welcome" Zena smile to Tama and Pochi.

"That's right, Satou-san! The exit might not be far from this room!"

"Really? Did you find that out with magic?"

"Yes, I have a spell called Path Finder that can get information from the
flow of the air!" Zena whisper to Satou.

"But, since it's based on
the air flow, it's hard to say whether it came from a path that's accessible to human or not. That's why a scout is investigating it now" Zena lowering her head.

"Let's hope they bring good news when they came back" Satou pat Zena shoulder.

Zena nod and then smile to Satou. Satou ask Zena why they got attack by a lot of slime. And she tell him what actually happened.

/Apparently, right after the scout had left, the slimes had dropped from the ceiling. And that's how the whole situation had started. Is it a bad luck or did that eyeball demon observe us and make the slime attack at that moment/ Satou considering all the possibility that he can think.

/From my observation on the room around us. The civilians had
gathered in a corner to rest.

The noble seemed to be discussing something with what looked like
the army captain. Maybe next time you can actually do something
useful with your *Fire Magic*/

/And from the information i get from the map. It seemed that past this room was a long passageway that led to the exit,
but there was a problem.
As expected of a Kusoge, there was a monster house that full of Skeleton partway through passageway/

/The soldiers and the noble's magic probably could kill the thirty odd skeletons between levels 10 and 15, but there were three
stronge enemies: a level 30 skeleton knight, skeleton warrior, and
skeleton death scythe/

/Especially the death scythe. That thing seemed to have an instant kill attack. If we had a Turn Undead type magic that purified
evil creatures like in a game, then we could beat this easily. Actually, the best way is to wait for Miko Ohna and
the priestesses to recover their magic. So they can use their holy magic. If their holy magic is like what i think, they can kill them easily/

/Foot step? So the scout is back/

Not long, some soldier enter the room. They're the scout that sent to investigate the passageway. When the enter the room, they immediately report what they found to the captain. Their report is not that different from what Satou know from the map.

After hearing the report from scout. The captain immediately call for his staff, Miko Ohna, the temple priest, and the noble to think of a strategy. Not long, some soldier walk toward Satou and stop in front of him.

"Excuse me, did your name is Satou?" Ask the soldier.

"Yes, is there anything i can help you with? answer Satou.

"Yes, Miko Ohna-sama and Viscount Jin Belton-sama ask for your present at the meeting site" Said the soldiers telling Satou what he want.

"Why did Miko-sama and Jin-sama want me?" Satou tilting his head.

"I'm sorry, i didn't know the reason. I'm just a lower class soldier myself" Said the soldier.

"All right, i will came. But can i bring my slave and Zena too?"

"Yes. Belton-sama personally said that you can bring your slave. As for Zena, she herself is a soldier, so maybe it's alright"

"Okay, wait a minute"

"Tama, Pochi. Wake up. We have a job" Said Satou while shaking Tama and Pochi to wake them up.

"Liza, please call Zena-san here"

"Yes master" Liza immediately walk toward Zena.

Pochi and Tama yawn and rub their eye.

"We have a job, so wake up. Eat this jerky so you can wake up" Satou take out some jerky from his bag. And the two immediately open their eye.

/He have good control of his slave/ Said the soldier in his head.

When Liza and Zena came back, they immediately walk toward the meeting site.

"Report, i bring Satou and his companions including magic soldier Zena" Said the soldier while saluting.

"I receive your report. You can back to your post"

"Yes Sir!" The soldier walk away.

"Then, can i ask why i get called here?" Ask Satou after he sit.

"Ehem" The captain clear his throat.

"I hear from Jin-sama that you and your companions is a strong combatant" Said the captain.

"Yes, Satou-san is strong. Last time i know, his lvl is 30" Shout Zena.

"Ohh, that's explain your speed" Said the noble.

"Huhf. Zena, it's actually Satou-sama personal information you know" Miko Ohna facepalming.

"Please forgive her Satou-sama. She didn't have any ill will for that" Said Miko Ohna lowering her head.

"It's okay Miko-sama I know that Zena-san is a little airhead. So i somehow already used to that" Said Satou while he also lowering his head to Miko Ohna.

"Ehh did i shouldn't said that?" Zena ask.

"Actually you shouldn't said that Zena. He's a traveler. So he must've hide his real strength for safety reasons" explain Miko Ohna to Zena.

"I'm sorry, Satou-san" Zena lower her head to Satou.

"It's okay Zena-san" Said Satou patting Zena head.

***

"So, you want me to help you deal with the monster in the passageway and the next room?" Ask Satou to the captain.

"Long story short, yes. We need your help. From the report that the scout gave me. There's more than 30 skeleton. And 3 of them is a general lvl monster. That's way, we need all the help we can get" Explain the captain to Satou.

"For reward, i will personally ask the lord to prepare it for you" Said the noble.

"That's a good deal. But before i said yes. Can you tell me when you want to attack?"

"The best way is to wait for all the magic user to recover their mana. Especially Miko-sama and the temple priest that can use turn undead holy magic. We will use Jin-sama magic to shave their health. And Zena magic to scatter them and then lure them to the passage and finish them off. With soldier in front and the Miko-sama and temple staff helping them from behind. That's the best i can think off. If you help us. I want you and your companions to attack one of the general monster" The captain explain his strategy

Satou silent for a while.

'Partner. I think that eyeball demon is beyond the door in the next room. And from what he says, he want to call for his master right?'

'Yes, that's right. What's the problem host?'

'His master is at least a lord level demon right?'

'Yeah, even though it's not as strong as demon king. But a lord is still a high level demon in it self'

'How will we deal it? If i join this attacks i can't hide my identity thought'

'Ahh, so that's the problems. Why did you think it so seriously? You have me host. I'm the same as you, and i can create my body however i want, remember?'

'Meaning?'

'I can just create a body for me and came defeat the demon lord and erase the body. No one will know that we are the same person'

'You're genius partner. Than i can help the attack right?'

'Just do it. The faster you deal with the skeleton, the faster that damned demon appear'

'Okay'

"Okay, i will help you" Said Satou.

The captain and the other smile hearing Satou answer.

"For now we rest until all the magic user ready. The meeting is over for now. You all can leave" Said the captain.

***

After half an hour rest. Everyone is ready to attack. The one who participated on the attack stay at the room, and the one that didn't evacuate to a smaller room.

"Here they come! Spearman ready!" Order the captain to the soldier.
After that the soldiers got into formation,
and lowering their spears.

Then, Zena and the noble, who'd been sent ahead to get a head start
with their magic, came back into the room, followed by a
knight. And directly behind him was a huge group of
skeleton.
Two heavily armored knights formed a barrier in front of the passageway,
halting the skeletons advance.

"Spearmen! Don't stab. Swing at them!"
Order the captain.

And with that order. A countless number of spears descended on
the skeletons, steadily depleting their health.
Then the temple staff shot their purifying spells into the mix, finishing
them off. Their resistance to the magic must have been reduced when they

were low on health.

"The big ones are coming! Captain Kigouri, we're leaving one of them to
you!" Shout a soldier with huge battle axe behind him.

"Aye! Bouza, can you take one of 'em to? And Satou, Please take the last one" Ask him to Satou.

"Can i have the black skeleton one?" Said Satou

"Are you serious? It seem to be the strongest thought" Ask the captain

"I ask it because that thing is the strongest. Not insulting, but I'm the strongest here. Coupled with my companions, I think it will be very easy to deal with that monster" Explain Satou.

"Okay if you're that confident. Please finish that monster" Said the captain lowering his head.

"You can leave it to me" Satou smile to the captain.

"Liza, Tama, Pochi. Our enemy is the black one. Don't defend, just dodge everything. And attack as usual" Said Satou.

The broadsword wielding captain, who was the highest level,
and a heavy soldier with a huge battle-ax and the second highest level, were in charge of the skeleton knight and the skeleton warrior.

The two large monsters broke through the front lines, and the two men
took control, locking in battle with them a little ways away. They exchanged
furious blows. The captain's broadsword against the skeleton knight's shield,
and the hotheaded soldier's battle-axe against the skeleton warrior's club.

"##### Bind Air!" Zena cast a spell to limit the skeleton movements.
To support the heavy soldier, who seemed to be at a slight disadvantage.

As for the noble. He was standing with his arms crossed and looking decidedly

self-important, but it didn't seem like he was going to do anything.

"##### Turn Undead!"
Miko Ohna purifying magic came into action. The weaker skeletons
collapsed into a pile of bones, but the larger ones resisted it. Still, it seemed

to have made them flinch, so the tide of battle was starting to turn.

As for Satou. His fight is actually easy. Liza as usual run first and thrust her spear at the skeleton elbow. As for Pochi and Tama, they run and attack the skeleton knee. Satou also came into action. He use the impromptu club to smack the skeleton head.

The skeleton swayed everytime Satou smack it head. And when it's happened. Liza always attack it elbow. And for Tama and Pochi, they attack it knee. They repeat it for some time until Liza and the other destroy their target. After they destroying the skeleton elbow and knee. The skeleton can't do anything other than rolling on the ground. Without letting that chance go to waste. Miko Ohna and the temple priest use turn undead to the black skeleton and finish it off.

After that, the army able to kill all the skeleton with only small casualties.

Along with the people that taking shelter, they proceeded to the
Skeleton Room. This room was even bigger than the previous one. It was
as big as two gymnasiums put together. The whole area also made up of bare
rock, the natural ups and downs made it difficult to walk.
It also too dark to see the ceiling, but it seemed to be about 15 meters.

On the other side of the room, a heavy metal door blocked the passage.
It was locked, and nobody seemed to be able to open it.
The knights tried to destroy it with their clubs and maces, but all that
accomplished was just loud noise. Pochi and Tama covered their
ears, cowering unhappily.
They seemed to give up and
accept that they'd have to rely on magic.

"Jin-sama, Zena, can either of you destroy it?" Ask the captain.

The noble touch the door.

"It's impossible. This door is to thick. My magic will not be able to melt it. And Zena magic will not be able to push it. Let's just rest here for a bit and think off a way to open it" Said the noble.

Oblivious to the growing gloom of the party, Tama tugged on my sleeve
with her latest report.

"Master, that wall is…weird!" Said Tama

Looking in the direction she pointed in, there was indeed a section of the
wall that seemed out of place.
Checking his map, he saw that it was a hidden door. This is the
top of the shaft where he kill the undead beast near the spider's lair.

"Good eye, Tama"
Satou petted her head and scratched her cat ears. Of course, Pochi looked left
out, so I patted her with my other hand. And tousled her dog ears, of course.

'Partner, when will you came out?'

'I will came out right now. They seem to be troubled by that door'

'Okay, i will play along with you'

While everyone rest and the captain and his staff thinking a way to open the door. A foot steep can be heard from the passage way behind the room. Hearing it, all the soldier ready their weapon.

After sometime. A man with all black clothes, silver hair, and covered eyes using some kind of black cloth appear. The man stop his way in the middle of the room entrance. Silent befall the room.

"Why all of you silent? Usually in this kind of time, some one would ask something like *Who are you?!* or *What are you?!* or maybe something like *Are you that f****** medama demon friend?!* or something?" Said the man tilting his head without care about anything.

"Ehem" the captain clear his throat.

"Than can i ask who are you?" The captain ask the man.

"Me, I'm just a passerby. You don't need to think seriously about me" The man smile.

"I'm sorry, but there's no way a passerby can enter this labyrinth" Retorted the captain.

"Captain, you ask a wrong question to him" Said Satou before the man answer the captain question.

"What are you? From the look, you seem to be a human" Ask Satou.

"Me, I'm 100% human thought. Is there something weird about me?" Answer the man.

"Than, are you a *Hero*?" Satou ask the man.

With the mentioning of a hero. Everyone eyes focus to the man.

"Iyaaa. please don't stare at me like that, you make me embracing?" Said the man with fidgeting body. But he suddenly stop.

"The joke aside. If you talking about the human that kill the demon king, I'm not. I'm not a hero. But a God Slayer thought" The man answer without any chang in his voice.

That answer actually make everyone in the room shiver and tremble.

"What are you saying. There's no way a human can kill a God!" Shout Miko Ohna to the man.

"But, i get sent here to kill a God you know" Answer the man while tilting his head.

"Who's the one that sent you. All the Seven God is friendly with one another" ask Miko Ohna.

"Akon Kagura. And I didn't think that the Seven God is in friendly relationship thought. For the proof, isn't the temple of the gods hostile to each other. They are always fighting for followers. Dropping each other. And not too long ago, Zycuuon slandered the demi humans as followers of demons. And the Seven God doing whatever they want in this world even though they're not original God of this world"

Liza and the other expression became dark hearing what the man said.

"I don't believe you. The Seven God is not that kind of being" Shout Miko Ohna.

"Just because you're a Parion Miko, you can just dismissed what I'm saying like that. Just ask that man. What will he said" Said the man pointing toward Satou.

'Whay the f*** are you saying Dea. Did you want to make a war declaration toward the Seven God!!!'

'Isn't it will became more interesting. khakhakhakha'

Satou facepalm in his mind.

"Satou, what is that man mean by asking you? And did the two of you know each other?" Ask Miko Ohna toward Satou.

"Huhf, This is the first time I'm meet him thought" answer Satou.

"Hidoi, you forgot about me already? Even thought I'm the one who warn you about the demon in this city" Said the man.

"The one who tell me about that is an old man!" Shout Satou

The man suddenly change and became an old man.

"Something like this is easy for me you know" The man giggling after he transform his body.

"You said you not a believer of the God right? And as a traveler, you know a lot of thing about the God too. Can you explain that to that Miko?" Ask the man to Satou.

"Huhf, alright. Actually, I'm not specifically a believer of the Seven God. More precisely, I'm not believer of any God in this world. Because in my eyes they just doing whatever they want in this world. Demon God selfishly make demon king every 66 year. And Parion also selfishly call a human from another world. The other God also selfishly make rule that didn't benefits the people. And even Akon Kagura also just selfishly sleep everytime this world have a problem. So is there any reason for me to became their believer?" Explain Satou to Miko Ohna.

"See, you heard it yourself that Parion is selfish God right" The man said with a proud voice.

"Woi, your own God is also selfish you know" Retord Satou to the man.

"At least, Kagura-chan didn't make a problem in this world right" The man smirk

Satou facepalm hearing the man remark.

"Then can you step aside from there. I need to open that door if i want to kill this labyrinth demon lord" Said the man.

That remark make all the people present tremble in fear. Demon lord, a God like being that can destroy anything. Of course everyone will scared of that.

"If you didn't have a confidence to fight a demon lord. Just get out from this room. The previous room, it's a save place right" Said the man while he walking toward the door.

After that, everyone run toward the previous room. But some people still standing at the room.

"Why you still here? I can guarantee your life you know" Said the man standing in front of the door.

"I'm sorry, we are a soldier you know. We have an obligation to protect civilian" Said the captain.

"I'm just want to beat the eyeball demon. It's personal. Can you leave him to me?" Ask Satou.

"Do as you wish" Said the man with an indifferent voice.

After that, the man open the door. Inside the door easily. The black and thick iron door got pushed by the man just like normal door. There's a room behind the door. And on that room, single chest placed at the center.

3